Factions Concept.

Orihara

I don't know, instead of raids or world bosses, a PvP oriented faction system could work. Like with leaderboards, points, rewards. This usually ends up one faction/guild leading with the strongest members and getting stale and unfair though so 3 or 4 factions could fix that. Exclusive rewards/Pokémon could make trading more fun.

However my opinion would be making guild system better and detailed instead of bringing factions.

Edit: Not to mention any kind of PvE based event will be abused easily with stalling/status/boosting etc.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53620 I don't know, instead of raids or world bosses, a PvP oriented faction system could work. Like with leaderboards, points, rewards. This usually ends up one faction/guild leading with the strongest members and getting stale and unfair though so 3 or 4 factions could fix that. Exclusive rewards/Pokémon could make trading more fun.

However my opinion would be making guild system better and detailed instead of bringing factions.

Edit: Not to mention any kind of PvE based event will be abused easily with stalling/status/boosting etc.

44822 There will be a ranking system that will allow you to have more content the more your rank increases, those will be PvE, PvP and possible dungeon Raids, also you can customize your organization base if you have the rank that is authorized to do so.
spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

The game itself is very fun and I do love the story but like all stories.... well most stories because it seems pokemon is never going to end but at least right now in PRO for me it will come to an end because I'm near completion of the story. I"ve even held off from the story for a while because I see myself progressing through the story rather quickly and it seems like the rest who already done everything is just catching rare's and doing IV training and honestly I'm not really looking foward to that just yet. That is why I think this would be great, it would give us more things to do and keep us busy and it would make someone like me who was not intending to pvp at all due to natures/EV/IV etc actually go out and pvp with other players.

CzqMeMl.gif

Without leaking any crucial information of other aspects, i'll try to bring a few things to light.

PvP :

There could be a maximum number of 5 Factions, which will be completely PvP based among eachother; Defensive wins will grant you a tiny portion of points, while offensive wins will grant you more points. You can only spawn in your faction city or any other neutral city, without being able to spawn in an enemy territory instantly after being defeated. You cannot deny opposing battles from other faction. However, they can deny your battle requests if you're in their turf.

PvE / Dungeon :

Once per day, with a certain goal. You will be given a task from your factions taskmaster, accomplishing tasks will grant you many different rewards. However, losing the challenge will consume your points. Note that with each point loss, you rank can be demoted if you cannot uphold the required limit.

These are some ideas i came up with, if you think these are weak or needs improving on. Feel free to provide the idea you have in mind, you have the base idea ; Factions that form an endless endgame loop with daily requirements and infinite PvP with rewards.

Note that this is not something that is planned or waiting for approval, this will be a suggestion made by and from within the community.

Note 2 : You can bypass being in a faction and roam around the world freely. However, you wont able to enter faction based events or maps (aside from their cities) You will only be regarded as a faction member inside the respective region.

spacer.png

Instead of implementing new factions, could do the guilds fight each other to master this unique area, each region could have one or two exclusive areas, the wars could occur weekly under the supervision of a GM or another member of staff.Na exclusive area could put selling tm's, items, custom clothes, ... for the guild that could stay in control of the area.

I already joined Team Rocket <--- guild plug

j/k I like the idea it sounds awesome. I would take it further and try to incorporate some kind of class system with it

choose___pokeleague_or_team_rocket_by_zimonini-d4qmkmm.jpg

Thats not a real game btw, and I saw where you said team rocket wouldnt be a faction, i just happened to find this while looking for a Team Rocket signature <---unintentional guild plug

Also, quick question, the PVE/Dungeons you spoke of earlier, are these going to be multiplayer?

socialgroupicon_36_1265776899.gif

I believe this is a great idea. As a former World of Warcraft vet. Factions even in a Pokemon MMO settings sound awesome. It would open up the doors to so many possibilities. I really also enjoy the thought of having Dungeons/Raids. Such as 5 Man Dungeons in the form of other MMO's like WoW. The form and layout is interesting but on how it would be incorporated into a Pokemon MMO however, I believe that a form of a Dungeon/Raid in a Pokemon MMO would be a single player experience in a instanced zone with much harder than normal wild pokemon and then set spawned pokemon bosses which were above a harder difficulty where it would require a full 6 pokemon team fully trained to defeat one Pokemon Boss. Maybe you have better idea's on how to incorporate it into a Pokemon MMO honestly than me. I could rack my brain around it for days on end due to over a decade of MMO experience in real main franchise games. The hard part for me is trying to make it work for a Pokemon MMO since we lack such things like the ability to form party', as well as the whole instanced zone 5vs1 boss wouldn't really work out to well due to how pokemon fight mechanics are. We aren't really in a open world were numerous players could attack one bosses and fight together. I think it sounds great though and a good step forward of that above and beyond any other Pokemon game or MMO out currently.

2w4fq1j.jpg

Intel® Core™ i7-5960X (8-cores, 20MB Cache, Overclocked to 4.0 GHz ) | 32GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz | 512GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ Titan Z graphics with 24GB total (2x 12GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enable | Acer Predator X34 Curved IPS NVIDIA G-sync Gaming Monitor 21:9 WQHD Display with Built-in Overclocking 100Hz Refresh Rate Boost | Logitech G502 Proteus Core Optical Gaming Mouse | Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

56848 I believe this is a great idea. As a former World of Warcraft vet. Factions even in a Pokemon MMO settings sound awesome. It would open up the doors to so many possibilities. I really also enjoy the thought of having Dungeons/Raids. Such as 5 Man Dungeons in the form of other MMO's like WoW. The form and layout is interesting on how it would be incorporated into a Pokemon MMO however, I believe that a form of a Dungeon/Raid in a Pokemon MMO would be a single player experience in a instanced zone with much harder than normal wild pokemon and then set spawned pokemon bosses which were above a harder difficulty where it would require a full 6 pokemon team fully trained to defeat one Pokemon Boss. Maybe you have better idea's on how to incorporate it into a Pokemon MMO honestly than me. I could rack my brain around it for days on end due to over a decade of MMO experience in real main franchise games. I think it sounds great though and a good step forward of that above and beyond any other Pokemon game or MMO out currently.

Thats actually something that has been bothering me for a while, having party raids. Then again, having party raids for a daily raid, doesn't add up. Simply makes it too easy to overcome. So instead of entering with party raids. Either limiting it to 5 instances a day with maximum 2 party or once party raid per week. Unlike WoW the content in hand is limited. One of the possibilities could be spreading out dungeons that open up only if the instance is acknowledged. For example ; A new dungeon has opened up in Route 10, you're given the task to investigate the ongoing uprising among pokemons that have taken residence in there.

This would require complex scripting and coding. And needs to be thought out carefully without effecting anyone elses gameplay. I.E Rock tunnel.

spacer.png