Team preview in PVP

Krepachu

Hi all, I want to suggest implementing team preview few seconds before PVP match just like in normal pokemon games. This helps a lot with strategies and you can actually succeed in your plan because you saw the preview and you know what you need to do. Also this way we can make PRO PVP system much more fair than it is currently. Best thing to do would be team preview with players character next to team and below that ready button for starting battle. Pls consider this :Shy:

4uc5Hai.jpg

[glow=blue]Soul Society Guild[/glow]

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

meh im not really into this, but if they will implement this i hope they'll make it optional.

example:

Player1 - wants to show preview;

Player2 - dont want to show preview;

Player3 - want to show preview;

Player1 vs Player2 - both of them will NOT see each's team preview;

Player1 vs Player3 - both of them will see each's team preview;

If so I fully support this :y:

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

345757 Player1 vs Player2 - both of them will NOT see each's team preview;

this will be the case 9/10 times, probably :)

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

345775 this will reduce the "surprise" of pvp

and make pvp more boring

More competitive u mean. :Cool:

What i would like since u reduce one of the many random factors in Pokemon battles.

I would totally like to see a TeamPreview cause u can build a strategy and dont have to play Whirlwind/Roar-Stall Comp to scout the team. xd

But i understand that ppl gonna miss the suprise-effect and that this is a difference to Pokemon BattleSpot or Showdown.

345757 Player1 vs Player2 - both of them will NOT see each's team preview;

this will be the case 9/10 times, probably :)

ikr haha :Crazy:

thats the only measure i can produce just to agree with this idea xD

This shouldn't be implemented tho.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

I agree. It's definitely a huge and important decision for the PvP environment.

As Coop33 mentioned, the current system favors stall when it comes to scouting the opponent's team because of bulky pokemon like hippowdon using whirlwind.

When playing an aggressive team you often can't afford to just switch whenever you're in a bad spot (in contrast to sending in Blissey on whatever special attacker comes out) and you wouldn't know that you could be put in this particular situation (unless you know the enemy player's team before hand) when you first made a specific decision, which makes it very punishing to make these "blind plays".

Generally you will see that in PRO PvP, a lot of people won't be making any predicts on the first attacks (unless they know the opponent's team from earlier battles or other sources) and tend to make the obvious play, unless they can afford not to (like Conkeldurr using Knock Off on Tyranitar, expecting some ghost pokemon, since it probably wont do much back even if he stayed in). This means that there will often be a number of free (to a degree) switch-ins you can make until more of the team is revealed. This seems to favor the team that has the easiest time switching to a counter like Skarmory or Blissey which can ruin the game plan of the aggressive team since they didn't have the prior knowledge to predict a skarmory switch-in and making a double switch resulting in the enemy team getting up Stealth Rock for free for example.

If there was team preview it would be mind games from turn 1 which seems like how it should be.

If team preview is made however, there should also be the option to choose which pokemon you wanna lead with.

If team preview is implemented it needs to be universal. Metagame without team preview depends on lead matchups and often dedicated leads, while metagame without team preview renders these Pokemon largely useless. I favor implementing it as anything that indirectly nerfs the overly abused trappers is a good idea imo...

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

345757 meh im not really into this, but if they will implement this i hope they'll make it optional.

example:

Player1 - wants to show preview;

Player2 - dont want to show preview;

Player3 - want to show preview;

Player1 vs Player2 - both of them will NOT see each's team preview;

Player1 vs Player3 - both of them will see each's team preview;

If so I fully support this :y:

this seems reasonable, im against team preview overall.