New Island in sight! Pinkan Island!

Unknown007

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

352130 Can a mod confirm on the requirements please?Everyone is saying different things.

It's an extra feature, so I think that finding out yourself is better than having someone from the team confirm. It's different to something that you have to do to move on with the game.

The problem with this is that it's causing misinformation. Most people on blue are saying that you need 300 hours in the game to get to Pinkan, which would be a bit sad for new players (and alts).

I have done almost everything there is to do on this game on two accounts. Hoenn, bosses, PvP, you name it. Yet, on the account that has ~237 hours, I can't get Officer Jenny to talk.

So, please, at least drop us a hint. Do you have to beat a boss? Is it truly hour-related? Or maybe dex or evos? Hmmmmm.

352130 Can a mod confirm on the requirements please?Everyone is saying different things.

It's an extra feature, so I think that finding out yourself is better than having someone from the team confirm. It's different to something that you have to do to move on with the game.

The problem with this is that it's causing misinformation. Most people on blue are saying that you need 300 hours in the game to get to Pinkan, which would be a bit sad for new players (and alts).

I have done almost everything there is to do on this game on two accounts. Hoenn, bosses, PvP, you name it. Yet, on the account that has ~237 hours, I can't get Officer Jenny to talk.

So, please, at least drop us a hint. Do you have to beat a boss? Is it truly hour-related? Or maybe dex or evos? Hmmmmm.

99% not dex related. unless it's an insane requirement. I only have 120 hours with tons of dex info, that's all i do on my alt.

4OFRuz3.jpg

It's hour related. The reason why there's a time requirement is to filter out as many bots as possible. While there are lots of safeguards in place, they always somehow find they way around. The time requirement is there to bring that number of bots passing through there to a minimum.

Official discord chat.

Be polite and patient if you need support. While users with the symbols +, % and @ are the chat staff, they are not necessarily also game staff, but they can usually advise you. That said, forums are better for reporting issues and bugs.

99% not dex related. unless it's an insane requirement. I only have 120 hours with tons of dex info, that's all i do on my alt.

Yeah same here. For example: mainzyvZEMR.png with 1200 hours and alt jdfB9e8.png with 237 hours.

So dex is probably out. If it's a 300 hour time req it's gonna be a bit bad.

It's hour related. The reason why there's a time requirement is to filter out as many bots as possible. While there are lots of safeguards in place, they always somehow find they way around. The time requirement is there to bring that number of bots passing through there to a minimum.

Ok, so it's confirmed. That's a bit strange considering that bots spend an inordinate amount of time gaining hours. For example, during xmas, some accounts had 1000 hours in a week. I just hope there was some other sort of bot detectors, like captcha.

EDIT: I would just like to thank you for helping keep this game awesome. I realize the above comment might sound like I'm angry but I'm just baffled by the playtime requirement.

Ok, so it's confirmed. That's a bit strange considering that bots spend an inordinate amount of time gaining hours. For example, during xmas, some accounts had 1000 hours in a week. I just hope there was some other sort of bot detectors, like captcha.

EDIT: I would just like to thank you for helping keep this game awesome. I realize the above comment might sound like I'm angry but I'm just baffled by the playtime requirement.

Agreed lol, hours played and botting go hand-in-hand. I was thinking more along the lines of OT lvl 100s. It would get rid of some of the "alt accounts" that just trade their botted pokemon to their mains, which happens a lot btw. Or even a simple MS requirement, lots of mains don't give their alt account(s) ms. Just some ideas.

4OFRuz3.jpg

Oh no worries xD It's easy to spot bots if they have long game time and short duration since they joined, so that part is covered :)

As for the other systems, some bots found their way around, and we don't have a captcha yet, so we have to do with what we have.

Agreed lol, hours played and botting go hand-in-hand. I was thinking more along the lines of OT lvl 100s. It would get rid of some of the "alt accounts" that just trade their botted pokemon to their mains, which happens a lot btw. Or even a simple MS requirement, lots of mains don't give their alt account(s) ms. Just some ideas.

I have talked about the first part xD Also, our GMs do a great job on the bots, even if they don't get all of them. It's not easy with the limited tools that they're given :(

And we thought about that requirement, but there are players who trade a lot to get game progress, so we didn't want to hinder them while they are playing honestly.

For MS, I think it'd be a bit too harsh on the F2P players out there, and I'm of the opinion that the playing field should be at the same level for MS and non MS players where possible. There are some things my predecessors did that goes against that, but I guess I can understand them when back at their time, MS was much more accessible than it is now when considering how much they sell for in game currency.

Official discord chat.

Be polite and patient if you need support. While users with the symbols +, % and @ are the chat staff, they are not necessarily also game staff, but they can usually advise you. That said, forums are better for reporting issues and bugs.