Staff spawned monsters in ranked PvP

Red

Do you want staff using edited and spawned monsters in ranked PvP?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want staff using edited and spawned monsters in ranked PvP?

• I don't mind
    • I don't mind staff using edited monsters in non ranked battle
    • No, because it's not fair

370062 Agreed. Also, if people still complain, you could make it a bit more random. So that the IVs aren't 30+, but random between 27-31. :)

even if the IV's were 6x 15, the damage would fall just a few %, it's not much of a difference besides the "show off factor"

Well, I have a 31 SPD Talonflame and it oneshots other Talonflames, same for Gengar and other offensive pokes, so it's not just showoff. 1 point can decide a match.

547f747ae8bc.png

Check out our guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

Check out these nice topics: Rent a bot | Reborn shop

Discord tag: Prochainezo#0734

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

370062 Agreed. Also, if people still complain, you could make it a bit more random. So that the IVs aren't 30+, but random between 27-31. :)

even if the IV's were 6x 15, the damage would fall just a few %, it's not much of a difference besides the "show off factor"

Well, I have a 31 SPD Talonflame and it's oneshots other Talonflames, same for Gengar and other offensive pokes, so it's not just showoff. 1 point can decide a match.

Sorry, I was talking about the damage factor, of course max speed is an important factor in a mirror match, and 1hp IV can also be more decide who wins and who doesnt. ;)

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

370041 I think my arguments are not alidos because I am a normal player like anyone who spend days looking for the best poke to use in the competitive, the day that you spend weeks hunting pokemon and find a 5x31 or 5x30 etc without being a present of the staff to us Talk, I think it's very unfair that you lose hours, days, weeks after pokes for when you're fighting rankead to charge a staff using a Latios, Latias, Talonflame bugado, as everyone knows his ability has not yet been agreed and yet the law still prevails. Staff If you want to defend your opinion defend with your words not with arguments futeias offending my opinion

I value 6 months of staffwork over every hunting session you had to get a good pokemon; I had plenty of 6x +29 IV's pokemon in my time playing the actively the game (9. tier rarity included). Your point is simply invalid since you don't value 6months of work at all.

I've been playing this game for over a year and I've never had even close to a 6x 29 IV poke.

370073 I've been playing this game for over a year and I've never had even close to a 6x 29 IV poke.

I had at least +15 with 5x +28iv's that I know of maybe I am rather lucky or you don't hunt enough

just throw this in here (done in 7days)

QupCCwb.gif

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

370073 I've been playing this game for over a year and I've never had even close to a 6x 29 IV poke.

I had at least +15 with 5x +28iv's that I know of maybe I am rather lucky or you don't hunt enough

I have nearly 2000 hours and have probably 8 boxes of level 100 pokes. I only play about 50 PVP games a season I hunt ALOT.

370077 I have nearly 2000 hours and have probably 8 boxes of level 100 pokes. I only play about 50 PVP games a season I hunt ALOT.

maybe you overlooked it after my edit (done in 7days)

QupCCwb.gif

I have around 2450~ hours and around 1500~ were used for hunting; I had way more than 200+ LVL 100 pokemon and still play around 150~ games each season

it's all about RNG, some have it on their side and some don't, I used to get one "semi-epic to epic" once a day

370044 I think the best way to end all this is to find a solution in which somehow satisfies both sides because we are one community.

I assume this all started ever since the Latias, which is unobtainable for players, engaged in PVP. I've been using a Talonflame for god knows how long and such thread never came up, because its simply obtainable for players.

Anyway, based on most of the posts, I see many are against staff pokemon if they are unobtainable by players themselves.

So, simple solution? Pokemons that are obtainable for players, excluding tournament winners. They get to use their legendaries.

Latias? Reikou? Heatran? no for staff members.

Yeah. I personally wouldn't even mind if you had a shiny perfect IV Mew, Celebi, Jirachi.

[align=justify]Okey, seems like I got some free time finally and I am going to post my feelings towards this whole situation, I am going to start with, beware, wall of text incoming.

Hello, I am Ridersempai (lol obviously by the account name), but on my other account I am Shamac, a random CC you might have known off, or as it kinda is right now in Red Server, I am the Latias guy (pls change it to shiny pidgey trainer xD). And my vote goes for remaining the same as it is now, but if the mass (across 3 servers agree) I am fine with changing the reward policy, to which was made several times already, but most likely people didn't notice that.

I would also like to request what Red asked, to keep this civil, accross this thread there was several parts where if you protect staff you are accused of being staff or you just get an insult towards your idea or suggestion. This is meant to be a voting to build up a solution for this situation, that has been around for longer than my staffship, but as it escalated, an action will be made towards this. I will talk about every thing that was talked across the 2 threads and give my personal experience mixed with my staff knowledge.

Why am I doing an imense WOT for this matter? I thought in doing 1 intervention (regarding my opinion, the rest I am going to keep on as moderator as I always did) and my final say into this matter, so I am going to talk to everything I can to refrain from keep on adding stuff to the table. I also noticed that, across everything there was, I will gather everything that was shattered across multiple posts.

First of all, towards these topics, stop addressing it as a way to take revenge at staff because something wasn't made the way you wanted or expected it. Staff most likely always tried to do something but we don't have possible actions to do or implement said feature (includes suggestions here) or other punishments. Besides lack of tools to build up something, we are also people with real lifes to attend, so we can't do an instant answer to everything, this is no one fault, but it falls into our responsability. We indeed apologise for the inconvenience you have experienced, but let me just assure you, we tried, and another thing... staff has more rules than just a player, and as a staff member you need to follow them all.

Why is there a reward for a volunter work?

</ALIGN>

Obviously I am going to go full honest on this, a person that tries to become a staff for a free pokemon or a tag we are going to instantly deny it, no questions ask, just no. But why there is a reward? The answer is because with that we can expect people to stay in a long run for more than just help the community, as it also gets us excited to do so. This is a feature for staff to think when the moderation goes badly or so, to not quit as easy. At maximum you can have 2, one at 6 months and another after the same amount of months.

For example (probably the best one I can think), back a few months ago, when the moderation team was under 10 people we had to stop a spammer for like 6h a day, and most of the time we didn't even have more than 2 or 3 people online to block it. We would make turns of 2 in 2 hours while moderating 2 or 3 servers at once. And we couldn't do more with the tools we had at that time making us only be able to the temporary solution every time we saw him online. Imagine doing this everyday for weeks? This burns a person to the limit, and this without even considering every other staff duties we had to do IN THE SAME DAY and ignoring completly how our real life day was. Why this happened? Just because we could help? At a first sight, totally I would help out, I wouldn't mind, but at the end of so much time there is so much we can sink in.

So this is the reason why we get a reward, I know this is not why the topic was raised, but I said, I am going to post every thought in everything I can possibly think that can concern in this matter.

Why is the pokemon shiny?

Why not? Most likely there will be only 1 of a kind in each server, so having it as shiny will be like that. If in the future the reward changes to a already obtainable pokemon I would like to address my vote to a staff reward to be forcefully shiny, as at least, will be harder for people to have 1 like that and making it feel more unique.

Why does the reward is a legendary at the moment?

The main reason reward is a legendary or mythical pokemon is to prevent it to be traded away from our accounts, it is locked to it. If we give our staff reward to any other person, we will receive an instant punishment. Altho 6 months should be enough to show the person loyalty, this is a feature to make sure it doesn't happen, and we do agree in it, no one was against it as everyone can have an extremely bad day and for even a second consider it and then...the damage is done, the rule was broken.

Another reason is because: why would a person work so hard for a normal pokemon? This is somewhat a reason for pride, because having an impossible to get pokemon makes us feel indeed rewarded and satisfied with that, its like a small undergoing project you have in the back of your mind that builds up across the months in order to get it, it's just a small reward in consideration of what we have been though, and being a bit exagerated, if it is a normal spawn pokemon, where would that pride go if anyone else could have one like ours? Altho I do understand this as a point of your demanding the ban I also need to express my feelings towards it. If at the end they get removed (even if the topics are about PvP, things can differ in the meanwhile, which are still to be defined), I get the reasoning why, and won't hold any grudge about it.

Why are the pokemon IV/Nature/Ability manipulated?

This part is simply because of the same reason some of us get sad after that horrible sync fail when we finally find our first Gale Wings Fletchling from headbutting 3 months (Unfortunatly, my story and many others). You wouldn't work hard if at the end you would see your pokemon for the first time and feel like "was this what my hype lead up to?". I understand this is will get the counter argument of "you don't work for the reward", but like I said previously, this is a build up excitement undergoing, something to want to be staff for more than 2 or 3 months. This is our ultimate recognition that transcends from your staff to your player account, imagine if it would be pretty much bad, was your work worth of that? This is why they are like that.

Regarding a change, this would be a good place to see a change. The pokemons would be slightly tuned down, making appearances look worse but pleasing both parts of this discussion. I would also add that making Hidden Power manipulated to be removed, altho my HP fire (q.q) would perish for that, it's the part where I feel is mostly unfair.

Why not ingame currency or items?

A bit like I said before, the reason is the unique stuff, ingame currency I can get with hardwork, a rare to unique pokemon I can only get by reward and thus making you happy about it. Nothing would feel worse than "hey I have this" then someone else than didn't make as much work reply "lol I have more and didn't even put myself into that". I know this one is hard to see in outsiders eyes sometimes, but please, put yourselfs in our shoes in this time aswell. About the items, there are some that are unique or non obtainable right now, but there are possibilities of them to be implemented in the future making it irrelevant once again. As for adding items like those for us, let's be real, and I think speaking about every other staff, we would prefer to see more items for you, the community, than just for us, if there will be the work to make a new item, you guys are the priority, always are and always were.

Regarding other pokemons besides Staff Legendaries

Here I am going to talk about the tournament winners, to which they won their prizes fair and square. Everyone had the chance to win it and will have the chance to win the upcomming ones. If there is anyone trying to ban it because staff has it and is trying to take a revenge on them, remember this guys, they also fall in the same category. They probably even would be the first ones being atacked if you are going for the "not fair" because they are indeed the ones good in PvP. But like I said before, I am up for the non banning them. (Not trying to put the blame on them, I am just saying you guys are actually really good in PvP, and I would be way more afraid from you than from a staff, and once again, congratulations on the victory)

Why should tournament pokemons fall into the same category as staff pokemons?

Even if it might not seem like it, everyone has the chance of doing it. But the tournaments seems more "open" and advertised. Like I said before, everyone has a chance to be a staff as long as you meet our requirements and apply during the open recruitment we makeLast recruitment for moderation team), like Content Scripting and Artists that have their recruitment open right now. There is also the change of extraordinary recruitment, which will lead to instantly invite a player to become an apprentice, if the player shows himself worthy to become one staff member.

I would also like to say that, after you apply you get studied, staff experiences, forum and game records, everything comes to mind before we actually let you through. Therefore you can be staff as long you can and will follow the rules, have more than 18, know an acceptable amount of knowledge of the english language, have a proper behavior and mentallity to be one. Of course people underage are most of the times not considered due to the age factor coming to place, which maturity shows easily. There was even the possibility for people that had a sort of bad reputation to become a staff, as we gave them the second chance, we thought in the best of the community and considering to take past records or somewhat missbehaviors aside, some of them got through, other unfortunatly or fortunatly didn't but we gave them the shot.

(now the big one) Why shouldn't it be banned from PvP? (AGAIN, IT'S MY OPINION)

First of all I would want to say that I spoke to multiple players from multiple servers to collect information and experience reports for that. And the answer is 90% under the "doesn't matter". As calculated by players themselfs, the damage, the resistances, etc will be barely the same, with a margin of 5% of error. That's not even a big factor comparing to other issues, like Gothitelle, to which is taken care in here, with voting.

When I was just starting the game there was indeed some issues with staff in PvP, when people could use extremely good pokemons in PvP, like 601+ legendaries, and it was removed as obviously indeed destroyed the PvP ecossystem. Now the system has around at maximum 5 legendaries on Red Server in active use and possible to use in PvP (used Red server as it is the one with more rewards), to which most likely are from people that didn't even hit the ladder (me <-).

I would also like to point out, PvP is a big part of the endgame, and is in constant growing, as certain new items and moves are going to be added in the upcomming future, therefore the current rewards will be even less powerfull, and we staff members, are players aswell, and we like to PvP even if we aren't good. Besides that what other use could we do with our rewards? Myself not being a "bragger" I don't see any point into posting my reward or good pokemons every 10 minutes as myself don't feel any sort of satisfaction with that. The rest of stuff is hunting or battling NPCs, to which I would totally be fine, but bosses only spawn every 12 or 14 days so I would not have any use for the reward that I would love so much to use.

So, if there was any sort of change, what would I suggest?

If I would change anything, I would say to tune down the IVs and making his Hidden Power calculation random. If indeed we endorse the route of only having obtainable pokemons from the players, I would like to ask for ability/nature and decent IVs made up while shiny if possible. This would probably be as fair, and most suggested, for everyone, what do you think?

I would also like to ask if there is any sort of reward you would like to suggest to replace the pokemon spawn feel free to post here, thats why this thread is for.

Now my honest appeal and message to the community...

The reason why I also posted this at the end is because this is non important comparing to the magniture of the other topics. But I would like to ask to please, stop with the hate please. How far will the rewards go? Until there is nothing? If you have a personal issue with a staff member, make a complain, not start a moviment or join a moviment of masses to take your revenge, as people that only trustfully worked and was looking for something they can call theirs by right to be taken away. (this obviously isn't directed to 1 or 2 people, but isn't for everyone, I just want to post this out for everyone, as an appeal of common sense)

I would also like to request for people to stop addressing my player account into unnecessary drama and insults, ever since I got my reward I played around 20 games, and everytime I write something in the chat either I get trashtalked or something I said is taken out of context to make my already miserable reputation worse and to make me feel bad. After most of it I can even say my reward is hidden in the PC and I am not playing or avoiding logging in to not feel the repercutions, some of you that are doing it I have made an extra attention in the past in order to help you, and this is how I am getting repaid. I also need to say that most of this controversy is just making me feel I am no longer welcome here and I should just stop losing my time and stop entering PRO at all. This is not a crying thing of any sort, but I want you to take attention that I care about you, and so all the other staff members do, so when it becomes their time to have a reward, do not make the same as you are making it for me.

<ALIGN align="justify">

If you read through everything I wrote, my sincere thanks and apologies for my spelling errors or lack of text building. Hope I do not hurt anyone feelings with this and that all my points were well thought. Also do not tag me to just say you are against anything I said without giving proper reasoning to prevent spam. Once again, please do not post in this thread if your only idea is just to atack staff due to past relationships.

As far as staff goes, thank you all for voting, we appreciate your input and altho sometimes it seems like we did not care, we actually spoke about it most likely, there are even times where we speak for hours about something but at the end we just can't do because of certain limitations.

Relevant posts:

https://prnt.sc/erk50c

https://prnt.sc/erk597

With that being said, I wish you all the best and may you all have a great Sunday, Shamac.[/align]

giphy.gif

<3

370132 WOT

well said, can only support this^ :)