Multiple acc on ladder. Playing fair.

Crokstar

the problem is, that most ppl dont know how ladder works.

you cant fault good players for putting up more than 1 account on to the top 25.

Aswell as i think, that most ppl dont even know why other players use alts in pvp, but let me enlighten you. Since we got no teampreview or decent pointsystem, its not worth to play pvp once you hit a certain point benchmark (lets say 520 last season), where even decent/good players with a rating of 350 can only give you 5-9 points in a win. A loss would mean -26 points, which just shows the inbalance in a rng related game. Combine the pointdiscrepancy with the issue of not having teampreview, you are bound to lose games to really lowrating players, because they can just suprise you and take 30+ points off you.

Thats why ppl use alts, to try out totally new stuff in a competitive enviroment, aswell as not risking losing 30 points in 1 game and then having to play 7 games to get these 30 points back. But that doesnt mean, i want to lose intentionally on my alt, just because iam about to hit the ladder, because that would totatally go against the whole premise of a pvp enviroment. Thats why this rule is not smart at all.

Is this game in the end all about fun? Yes it is, but competitive people only associate winning with fun, so of course some ppl will qq about this new rule.

P.S : People also always like to look for excuses, as to why there are not hitting ladder/not good enough. Only reason is you, you just arent good enough/dont grind hard enough.

Its as simple as that

4ef1544e56.png

Check out these nice shops: Reborn's Shop | Gambilicious's Shop | Walrosskastanie's Shop

Discord tag: Gambilicious#4818

Check out our guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why ppl use alts, to try out totally new stuff in a competitive enviroment, aswell as not risking losing 30 points in 1 game and then having to play 7 games to get these 30 points back. But that doesnt mean, i want to lose intentionally on my alt, just because iam about to hit the ladder, because that would totatally go against the whole premise of a pvp enviroment. Thats why this rule is not smart at all

Great! then they should test teams WITHOUT staying in a guild :) i.e, guildless. So no more guild rate boosting.

8tdrGli.png

••MY GUIDES••

Bag_Macho_Brace_Sprite.png[glow=red]EV Training Hot Spots[/glow]

244.png[glow=red]How to get Legendary Dogs[/glow]

Shiny collector and Proud Member of BlaZe~

<i></i>

Thats why ppl use alts, to try out totally new stuff in a competitive enviroment, aswell as not risking losing 30 points in 1 game and then having to play 7 games to get these 30 points back. But that doesnt mean, i want to lose intentionally on my alt, just because iam about to hit the ladder, because that would totatally go against the whole premise of a pvp enviroment. Thats why this rule is not smart at all

Great! then they should test teams WITHOUT staying in a guild :) i.e, guildless. So no more guild rate boosting.

like i said before, you guys in blaze are vehement against this, as am i, but you still have double accounts with tons of points in your guild.

Its great to call out others, but to do that you also have to be clean/innocent ;)

As for your ruleproposal, iam all in for that, but thats not even the Issue of this rule, because even after the rule enforcement, i could theoretically still boost 4 accounts to around 450, thus boosting my guildpoints in the process.

P.S: Same rewards for all Top 10 Guilds, so it actually shouldnt matter at all.

4ef1544e56.png

Check out these nice shops: Reborn's Shop | Gambilicious's Shop | Walrosskastanie's Shop

Discord tag: Gambilicious#4818

Check out our guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

Hello, interesting debate there, To be honest as a player I also personnally dislike to meet someone on an alt account , even more if its someone you are used to play against because he start the game with many advantages.

That being said, I dont think ( And I hope i'm right on that ) everyone who uses an alt is with the plan to "snipe" the other high ranked members, but it also can be to try some new teams .

So there's a problem here already, because beside if you find 20 friends to play 20 games in a row against you so you can try a new team, you dont rly have another alternative than going on another account, if you dont want to lose your best rank on your account.

Now some of the best players, can make it in the ladder with only 100 games ~ so that means they either "freelose" on their main account with fun teams the 20 first days in the month, then the 10 last they go in the top , either they will play only 100 game and not anymore during the season, while mehmetcan can play 155615 games in a month and still not risk to lose his rating, its not fair in that sense.

I believe the way to solve that problem would be to implement another ladder in parrallel which not gonna be rewarded at the season end, and which doesnt give any single PvP coins . Maybe that could prevent the ones who make an alt for the only purpose to try different team and dont risk their rank on their first account, now about the ones who snipe the other high rank, well its not very fair indeed, but nothing can be done against it.

Regarding the Alts account and the guild points matter, maybe if a rule is added sayin something like " We are Not allowed to have two accounts to play in ladder (I insist on the play not only being in the top 25 ) if the two account are in a guild" this way, only one ladder account per person will be in the guilds, and the one who will play on their alt and end with 450points but not in the top 25 wont give any single benefit from that to their guild with that second account.

PCznf1X.png?1

So solution is simple: Alts should be ONLY allowed on an unrated battle mode where u can test between yourselfs because many people likes to test teams so it should not be a problem to meet someone in that mode. This will PREVENT guildboosting and it won't create a obscenically funny situation that on ladder SOME of the places is taken by SAME PEOPLE which is actually not how ladder should look like and it does not in reality. If a high rated player cannot beat the lower rate player then that means he did not play as well as he could since on ladder should be players that OUTSCALE others and can figure out the opponent team and how it was build due to experience which theoreticly brought them to ladder. As I mentioned before other players also would like to get to ladder NOT ONLY one person with couple of accounts who transferes all the epic stuff from one account to another. Testing teams is one thing but people tests for a moment and then would like to get some rating for the guild so they take pokes which are "tested" it is only a COVER WORD for the issue but it is used to a limit and then under that cover word "testing" is used the true team. So as I said, alts should be banned from PVP ladder and there should be another PVP option for testing teams.

Obsession about mindless possession.

[mention]Crokstar[/mention] This is why I also stated that : " Regarding the Alts account and the guild points matter, maybe if a rule is added sayin something like " We are Not allowed to have two accounts to play in ladder (I insist on the play not only being in the top 25 ) if the two account are in a guild" this way, only one ladder account per person will be in the guilds, and the one who will play on their alt and end with 450points but not in the top 25 wont give any single benefit from that to their guild with that second account"

PCznf1X.png?1

[mention]JeReMCo[/mention]

Well something like this could be implemented. But it would be a lot easier if there was just another unrated ladder open giving no benefits out of win. With a rule: Alts are forbidden in ranked ladder.

This would solve many problems and if someone would try to play on ranked with alt will do at their own risk. Then this alt could be in guild why no, but it could only be "tested" in unrated ladder. Sounds fair for everyone.

competitive players can have fun in sucha ladder testing if they are afraid of losing points, and the other players can try to climb on ranked ladder.

The fact that the system is simply not good, forces player to play on alts. In the next patch there is going to be an unranked PVP ladder without rules and no rewards. The hell what competitive player is gonna play in it? It's like playing normals in League of Legends, you can't really test your "competitive teams" versus a bunch of trolls/fun teams in an unranked ladder. The issue of Guildboosting won't get fixed unless they go full rogue and ban everyone.

There are arguments for both sides but in the end staffs decides, the idea of not having alts on the ladder sounds good to me but the arguments for the rule are simply trash.

I won't go into detail in that matter but account boosting (in specific selling "Ranked PVP Point services") gets punished by 7 days then 14 days and then 30 days and then maybe perm, while this instantly drops a perm ban on both accounts; sounds really stupid to me.

A lot of people already said, they won't lose on purpose on their alts just not to hit the ladder and everyone who suggested that solution is.. well really special.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

I think as Pro evolves and the player base increases it will be much easier to modify and implement a better pvp system.

Using Smite as an example: being in the top 25 isn't enough. You have to reach Grandmaster rank. Meaning you have to gain so many points from wins. Ranking systems require MMR to be implemented so you gain/lose ranking according to the players skill. Gain more from more skilled players (the favored win) and lose more if you were favored according to MMR. AND you don't get matched with fresh secondary accounts. This limits account boosting [highlight=yellow](multiple accounts)[/highlight] etc. It would take far too long to rank up a second account in Smite and that time spent you would lose your ranking on your primary account. Inactive accounts slowly lose said points.

Implementing what I think would "fix" the system would create astronomical que times for pvp; therefore not viable - yet.

I feel like in time the pvp system will become much better; however, it will require an extreme overhaul that can only be accomplished with a much larger player base. For the age of the game and current player base I think the staff has done a pretty good job.

Just the opinion of a new poke pvp'r.

My Life is a Video Game.

yRG7bag.gif

Well obviously the fact that the game has low player pool ties the staff hands to put restrictions. Sadly enough the leftover players think shortway and they abuse different things to gain as much for themselves. Sadly enough they don't see that by doing this the player pool will not rise because players get distracted by the fact that they just fight with army of clones and stops PVP. To make things better players themselves should know the limits and help to gain more population. By BEING SPORTSMANLIKE which i vote for will for sure help to gain more players which will result in better pvp system, more diversity, maybe new strategies and interesting interactions. The only reason this is not happening is that the top players with high skill but low mentality are TO PRAGMATIC to see forward and they only look shortway. Sad but true. Hope the mentality will change which will for sure be a big plus for the game itself.