Preferred Sinnoh starter?

Superpichu999

Piplup without any doubts :3 It's the best coverage starter and has access early on to Surf/Icebeam to beat the early gyms

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Since I accidentally ended up choosing all 3 water starters up to this point, I guess I probably should pick Piplup.

(A lot of time had passed before the next new region was out, coupled with my memory that I had forgotten what I even chose as my starter in the previous region(s))

I'd go with Turtwig, simply because I already have lv100 Infernape and Empoleon, so I'd like to get a motivation for a lv100 Torterra xD

Turtwig line also does fine (read: either resist, does normal damage, or super effective) against most of the Gyms in Sinnoh, the only exception being the 7th gym which is Ice.

Chimchar is also a good idea for those who wants to have at least one Fire-type , because those who have played the official games would know, Sinnoh has an extreme lack of Fire-types. Good thing PRO seems to be using Platinum spawn instead of D/P spawn, otherwise, your only other option for Fire-type before the E4 is literally just Rapidash. Yes, just one, and it's not even a good poke!

Platinum spawn means we're getting Magmar and Houndour as well.

Piplup, on the other hand, has very early access to strong moves like Surf and Ice Beam, along with the stats to use them well. It also means you won't have to catch a Water-type for Surf since you already have one. Only weakness is that Empoleon won't get that Flash Cannon anytime soon due to being a TM tutor move in PRO, so Metal Claw is your only option for Steel STAB, which only works on mixed/physical build.