⚔Under Used Pokes Separate Ladder⚔

Mexicannoob

One problem though is that what is UU in Competitive is not necessarily UU in here. In competitive, there's many pokemons that, despite having good stats and movepools, are pushed out of OU due to the metagame. Sometimes, it's because of something like Stealth Rock that is too common and completely ruins the pokemon, sometimes it's because there's another pokemon that is strictly a better choice.

However here, we're subject to two things we don't have in the original competitive scene: non-working moves/abilities and rarity. It is absolutely not simple to bring a good Tier 9 pokemon, so they are not as prevalent as they could be in the competitive scene. On top of that, certain pokemon are not as usable as before due to their non-coded ability or crucial moves (The most extreme example being Ditto).

This means that OU and UU in PRO might actually differ from original. It might however be a good idea to base our OU and UU based on statistics of pokemon usage. I remember seeing those statistics, with Talonflame leading by a good gap, so I know that's being recorded. Then we could perhaps ban the 50 most used pokemons for UU, and redo that ban on every new PvP season (so once a month)

214157603_sayumigrowlithesignature.png.4a2a82daf244704d7e1e67f4faf14065.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree but only with the addition of a UU ladder. It'd add more to the game and make buying those subpar Pokemon worth it. But I don't think PRO has anybody capable of implementing this since Shane is focused on another project. Good suggestion though. I don't like the idea of a shiny ladder though. Hardly anyone would be able to participate.

Im pretty sure Eaty work hard now ! o/ Waiting future update from him, im hyped to see this.

Oh I thought Eaty was only working on storyline updates. Well if he's capable of implementing competitive content then great. Best of luck to him. :y:

I agree but only with the addition of a UU ladder. It'd add more to the game and make buying those subpar Pokemon worth it. But I don't think PRO has anybody capable of implementing this since Shane is focused on another project. Good suggestion though. I don't like the idea of a shiny ladder though. Hardly anyone would be able to participate.

Yes indeed! it will sure make them valuable/worth to buy

and on the shiny part, well its ok not to have it, but hopefully the UU may be possible now that Another Staff member can potentially work on it

One problem though is that what is UU in Competitive is not necessarily UU in here. In competitive, there's many pokemons that, despite having good stats and movepools, are pushed out of OU due to the metagame. Sometimes, it's because of something like Stealth Rock that is too common and completely ruins the pokemon, sometimes it's because there's another pokemon that is strictly a better choice.

However here, we're subject to two things we don't have in the original competitive scene: non-working moves/abilities and rarity. It is absolutely not simple to bring a good Tier 9 pokemon, so they are not as prevalent as they could be in the competitive scene. On top of that, certain pokemon are not as usable as before due to their non-coded ability or crucial moves (The most extreme example being Ditto).

This means that OU and UU in PRO might actually differ from original. It might however be a good idea to base our OU and UU based on statistics of pokemon usage. I remember seeing those statistics, with Talonflame leading by a good gap, so I know that's being recorded. Then we could perhaps ban the 50 most used pokemons for UU, and redo that ban on every new PvP season (so once a month)

I was thinking the same thing that it can be made by banning the top 50s/100s or so Most used pokemon!

And God... cant wait for the day to see ditto Coded

• 2 weeks later...

It would be good but honestly I just dont think pro has enough people to support two different competitive queues. Sure more people will bother with pvp if they can use weaker stuff, but I dont think it would be enough to keep both of them having enough people to be fun.

magmah6sx0.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...