Team Preview In Ranked PvP

Tr3y

I think most people who are involved in PvP on or off of the game probably have some idea of what Team Preview is. But for those who don't know, Team Preview is when you are given the ability to see your opponent's Pokemon at the beginning of the battle. This gives you the option of choosing a lead Pokemon based on the opponents team. You can also predict their playstyle and movesets if you are knowledgeable enough in regards to PvP. This was introduced in Generation 5 Pokemon games and completely changed competitive Pokemon. I strongly believe that if this feature was a part of PRO, the competitive part of the game would also change for the better. Also, given the fact that the player with the advantageous match-up on the first turn has an edge for the entire battle, winning or losing is on many occasions determined by your lead Pokemon."You can get information from Team Preview that will be invaluable throughout the battle. You can figure out how to accomplish your goals and what roadblocks your opponent might have to those goals. You can figure out the best course of action to remove these roadblocks. Team Preview is one of if not the most important parts of a battle." (Jukain). I can go on and on about the positive things that come from Team Preview but here is what it looks like on the battle simulator, Pokemon Showdown:

maxresdefault.jpg

and here is what it looks like on Gen 5/6 handheld games:

team_preview.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

More information on the introduction of Team Preview can be found here: https://www.smogon.com/tiers/ou/advantage_team_preview

• Like 2

I think most people who are involved in PvP on or off of the game probably have some idea of what Team Preview is. But for those who don't know, Team Preview is when you are given the ability to see your opponent's Pokemon at the beginning of the battle. This gives you the option of choosing a lead Pokemon based on the opponents team. You can also predict their playstyle and movesets if you are knowledgeable enough in regards to PvP. This was introduced in Generation 5 Pokemon games and completely changed competitive Pokemon. I strongly believe that if this feature was a part of PRO, the competitive part of the game would also change for the better. Also, given the fact that the player with the advantageous match-up on the first turn has an edge for the entire battle, winning or losing is on many occasions determined by your lead Pokemon."You can get information from Team Preview that will be invaluable throughout the battle. You can figure out how to accomplish your goals and what roadblocks your opponent might have to those goals. You can figure out the best course of action to remove these roadblocks. Team Preview is one of if not the most important parts of a battle." (Jukain). I can go on and on about the positive things that come from Team Preview but here is what it looks like on the battle simulator, Pokemon Showdown:

maxresdefault.jpg

and here is what it looks like on Gen 5/6 handheld games:

team_preview.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

More information on the introduction of Team Preview can be found here: https://www.smogon.com/tiers/ou/advantage_team_preview

Here we go again :lul: bf0055ee1abc240237b790eb881414d5.png

But totally agree +1 :Cool: :y:

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

• 2 months later...

Team Preview was only added due to Zorua's Illusion ability, since that isnt coded it isnt necessary.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.