mewtwo is 2 strong

Namedoesnotfi

in short:

Giovanni is too strong for casual players who just wanna play their story their way.

you get stuck and frustrated since you cannot "really" level up when stuck at giovanni first time. (without trading pokes)

I feel like many people quit because they get stuck at giovanni or even misty (gym8 / gym2), because they cannot find a good spot to level up their pokes.

PS

since pokes scale way better with levels than evolutions casual gamers will just evolve their starters and getting eventually stuck in story or frustrated in general

id like to know the PRO point of view on balancing and "GUIDING" new players.

[spoiler=Spoiler]i know some people will say "there is alot of walkthrough guides on forums" but most people infact never use forums so i dont think thats a valid point.

in short:

Giovanni is too strong for casual players who just wanna play their story their way.

you get stuck and frustrated since you cannot "really" level up when stuck at giovanni first time. (without trading pokes)

I feel like many people quit because they get stuck at giovanni or even misty (gym8 / gym2), because they cannot find a good spot to level up their pokes.

PS

since pokes scale way better with levels than evolutions casual gamers will just evolve their starters and getting eventually stuck in story or frustrated in general

[spoiler=Spoiler]i know some people will say "there is alot of walkthrough guides on forums" but most people infact never use forums so i dont think thats a valid point.

Hello!

I am against your suggestion and I will say why.

First, this is an MMO, mate and it means that grinding is one of the important aspects, it should be challenging.

Second, there are ways to defeat the 8th and 2nd gym of Kanto. To defeat Giovanni, you will have to use a Magnemite with Sturdy ability and also with the move Thunderwave, and then, you get to move first and you can defeat it.

For Misty, if your starter is Pikachu or Bulbasaur, it will be easy. And moreover, a Budew from Viridian Forest and an Oddish can be obtained from an NPC in the beggining. Good luck.

Regards,

Warden

in short:

PS

If you talking about Giovanni at 6 gym there is a simple trick to beat him.

Catch a Magnetmite, STURDY, and teach him thunder wave.

1st- Lead with the magnetmite, and t wave mewtwo, after 2 turns he will die.

2nd- Put ur best pokemons in front of mewtwo (they will be faster), and bring him down

Gl :SquirtleSquad:

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

you dont get the point, i dont have issues getting ahead in story mode, but i can see why people are quitting the game because of "tilting" NPCs in the game

also also, ofc it is possible to grind, but imo you should not grind just to complete the story. you should grind to compete with others, not with minibosses

Giovanni Gym was easy, beat him up with my stupid Charizard, because that Armored Mewtwo is Psychic/Steel. Actually I went trough whole region with 3 Pokémon I trained and couple HM dumpsters, and only had spend some time to grind levels for E4/Champion. Damn you Mega Gengar, I only beat you up at second run :D.