Banning Chansey and Blissey from Ranked

Eric66

Hello Players and Staffs,

As you can see in the title, my goal would be to reach, that these 2 get ban from ranked pvp.

The reasons are : Blissey is an already big pain by itself, but combining, with pokes like Tangrowth,Slowbro nearly makes it impossible to defeat it. They just switch these 3 pokes, until the opponent fails. Specially, when megas are coming, combining Blissey or Chansey with Mega Slowbro going to be even harder to defeat it.

Yes, yes, I know there is a lot of counter for both Blissey and Chansey, but as I mentioned already, combining these 2 with other walls, nearly impossible to defeat it.

Since Arena Trap Dugtrio is not unbanned, the best counter has been cleared out of the way.

And of course, What would be the bad thing, if these 2 get ban from ranked? Probably, nothing, since there are so many other walls.

If these 2 get ban, we could see more pokemon in pvp, playing pvp would be more fun.

This was my idea, I am waiting for your opinions.

(Sorry for the grammar)

nearly makes it impossible to defeat it.

Be better at Teambuidling, get counters and go get some assistance from here -> PVP Assistance

There will never be a ban for those Pokemon, no matter how often you suggest it

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

My issue with this every single time that this subject is brought up is

1) Chansey is an OU pokemon. Not Uber. It is on level with Gliscor, Clefable, and quite a few normally used pokemon.

If you wish to find ways to beat this pokemon its actually really easy "The removal of Eviolite is a big problem for Chansey, severely diminishing its bulk, which makes it far tougher for it to handle many of the offensive threats that it would usually be able to deal with" - Smogon Chansey article SM/OU

2) Blissey is an UU pokemon. Not even to the point of being OU. Aracanine and Crobat are on this Tier. Meaning there are way better options than Blissey.

If you wish to find ways to beat this pokemon "Fighting-types with access to setup moves, such as Cobalion and Heracross, take advantage of Blissey, and Breloom can cripple a teammate with Spore on the switch"

3) For me personally, it always feels like people's immediate reactions whenever they go against a stall team is to post something against Blissey/Chansey on the forums without doing any research on how to beat these mons. I am not saying build your team around them, but every single one of these posts feels like its simply just a salt post with no real thought on what if we did ban it. What would that in turn mean? That would mean you could ban quite a few more things just cause you don't like them. Rain teams because you know the counters but as a team they are annoying to deal with? There is a reason stall teams are "30min to wins, 5 to lose" Yeah, they are annoying, but just cause they are doesn't mean they should be banned.

In summary, this suggestion seems foolish to me. -1

• Like 1
dp8w1z.jpg

-1, there are plenty of ways to beat a full stall team where all the mons you mentioned are together. Just tyranitar and heatran alone pretty much 2v6 stall and stall is nowhere to be seen in the current meta anyway in silver at least. I don't even see how you would get this idea when the only frequent tanks at the moment are ferrothorn and rotom-wash (from my past season experiance at least). Even if you do run across an actual stall team once or twice in 100 matches then it might just be an unfortunate shitty matchup for your team. Every team has bad matchups after all so this isn't even an issue.

poppy.png

ooM1kqT