A more detailed explanation of why would setting pokémon levels to 50 in unranked would be a positive change

Olker

I have already spoken about this before, but I have several new reasons of why would the implementation of this mechanic be a positive change for the community.

Of course, the requirements would be simple, at least a full team of six pokémon that are level 50 or above.

1. I strongly believe that casual players would use the unranked queue more often, as I have seen many rookie players wanting to battle without even having finished the elite four Kanto, but can't do it because they can't use the queue, therefore asking in the chats for a battle/challenging everyone in their screen. This would be a good way for novice players to learn more about pvp, since we all know fighting npcs is VERY different from pvp.

2. This would make guild events like themed battle ones way more easier to participate in (assuming you will be able to set all pokémon to level 50 if you want in challenged battles also) because the people who don't have the time to grind their pokémon to level 100, nor the money to pay for training services, will be able to participate easier, instead of having to go to showdown. Of course evs and moves will still take time and some money, but not as much as training all the way to lvl 100/spending rcs/buying rcs.

3. It will incentivate more players into pvp.

As I said before, the easier access with less grinding to an unranked pvp, will make those casual players more interested in pvp. I have seen the cases of many players that stopped playing because they were mainly interested in pvp, but they didn't have the time to get a full team, and going on with their life at the same time, therefore losing interest in it.

I must say again that all of this is for UNRANKED ladder, or for CHALLENGES. Not for ranked battles, as ranked is supposed to be for hard core pvpers, and I think it is perfect how it is.

Edited by ZetLocrito95
  • Like 5

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's just no reason to play unranked pvp as it gives no reward whatsoever and that is exactly why nobody bothers doing it. The only difference from ranked pvp is that you can actually get rewarded for playing ranked so why would you ever even do it at any time? Pvping for fun and trying out new teams is still possible in ranked so there's really no purpose in it. Also as I responded to the last thread about this topic; There just isn't a big part of the community that can't get access to 6 level 100 pokemon and start pvping since it's just so easy. You're arguing for an non existant problem here so a -1 from me and good luck.

poppy.png

ooM1kqT

• 3 weeks later...
It is way too easy to get a poke to lvl 50. Having the requirement of lvl 100 is like the games way of saying "You wanna be the best you gotta work for it" kinda philosophy. And Pokemon is one of those grind games.

Disagree, pokémon main series games don't require lvl 100 pokémon to get into pvp, so here you got it completely wrong.

There's just no reason to play unranked pvp as it gives no reward whatsoever and that is exactly why nobody bothers doing it. The only difference from ranked pvp is that you can actually get rewarded for playing ranked so why would you ever even do it at any time? Pvping for fun and trying out new teams is still possible in ranked so there's really no purpose in it. Also as I responded to the last thread about this topic; There just isn't a big part of the community that can't get access to 6 level 100 pokemon and start pvping since it's just so easy. You're arguing for an non existant problem here so a -1 from me and good luck.

Some people just don't care about getting a reward or not, they just want to battle. And as I have stated before, this is not for the hardcore pvpers like some of us, it is for the casual players mainly.

if you want to improve pvp add 2 vs 2.

I don't know if the word is "improve". I just want pvp to be more accessible for (again) more casual players.

• Like 1

[ATTACH=full]43223[/ATTACH]

Leveling up a poke to 100 in "pokemon main series" is a pain in the pg. In PRO it isn't.

Ypu got it wrong again. In the main series games you have a lot of ways to make it faster/easier. Xp share, which will let you train all your team, affecrion, an easily accessible lucky egg, and the ability to rebattle elite four to grind a lot of xp.

It's not a pain in PRO either, not if you have at least completed jhoto to go to dragon's den. But as I said before, this is for CASUAL players.

Players who don't have the time (to start with) to grind to level 100, and that don't have much hours invested in the game. I've seen people without having even completed Kanto that really want to fight other people.

Disagree, pokémon main series games don't require lvl 100 pokémon to get into pvp, so here you got it completely wrong.

Some people just don't care about getting a reward or not, they just want to battle. And as I have stated before, this is not for the hardcore pvpers like some of us, it is for the casual players mainly.

I don't know if the word is "improve". I just want pvp to be more accessible for (again) more casual players.

You are right! This is not a pokemon main game but it shouldn't be like one and neither should it be as easy for an MMO, you are asking too much for a game that I supposed to be about the grind, that's what all MMOs have. Just all of your points are invalid.

It really is not that difficult to lvl up pokes to 100, I have played this game for a year and I have seen not one person other than you that has actually actively complain about the lvling system. This just sounds like more of a personal problem than thinking about the state of things which doesn't need to be fixed.

Edited by Darksun20

He isn't asking for a "fix" he is just suggesting something that would be interesting for people like me who started playing a week ago. I have never played pvp rank or unranked not because I can't but because I don't see the point until I have proper lvl100 pvp mons. And because I'm still doing the story. If in unrank everyone had their pokes set to lvl50 then I would probably have played a few times already.

Getting pokes to lvl 100 is not the point at all, the point is that you can walk around with your lvl100 1 year old pvp ready pokes and challenge someone who plays for a few days and it will be somewhat interesting for the new player because you will both have everything at lvl50 albeit his evs will be all messed up i'm sure. The only problem with this suggestion is that it requires some effort from the devs and tbh it isn't really a big deal since it's just unranked and it doesn't matter so it's understandable if they don't want to spend time on this. Other than that it's an okay suggestion.

In my opinion a better idea would be to have a kind of pvp ladder for people who have low play time or low number of pokedex entries or something like that so there would be a pvp ladder for casuals who are walking aroudn with their lvl 15 charmander and unlocking kanto that could have low value rewards like potion or pokeball or whatever.

You are right! This is not a pokemon main game but it shouldn't be like one and neither should it be as easy for an MMO, you are asking too much for a game that I supposed to be about the grind, that's what all MMOs have. Just all of your points are invalid.

It really is not that difficult to lvl up pokes to 100, I have played this game for a year and I have seen not one person other than you that has actually actively complain about the lvling system. This just sounds like more of a personal problem than thinking about the state of things which doesn't need to be fixed.

Not a personal problem at all. I have over 1000 hours in this game, and I don't have problems to level my pokémon, in fact I have over 30 pvp pokémon, most of them trained by myself, and usually rank 400+ every season, so I can say again, it's not a personal problem.

But this is not about me, not about you, since you have been playing for over a year. This is more about CASUAL PLAYERS, meaning PLAYERS THAT PROBABLY DON'T EVEN HAVE 100h IN THE GAME. This would make some kind of pvp more accessible for them, I repeated this like 20 times already. It's not like you can't pvp when you just start the game, the ONLY thing you would do, is make it easier for them to find someone who wants to fight, not caring about rewards or anything, JUST the desire to fight.

He isn't asking for a "fix" he is just suggesting something that would be interesting for people like me who started playing a week ago. I have never played pvp rank or unranked not because I can't but because I don't see the point until I have proper lvl100 pvp mons. And because I'm still doing the story. If in unrank everyone had their pokes set to lvl50 then I would probably have played a few times already.

Getting pokes to lvl 100 is not the point at all, the point is that you can walk around with your lvl100 1 year old pvp ready pokes and challenge someone who plays for a few days and it will be somewhat interesting for the new player because you will both have everything at lvl50 albeit his evs will be all messed up i'm sure. The only problem with this suggestion is that it requires some effort from the devs and tbh it isn't really a big deal since it's just unranked and it doesn't matter so it's understandable if they don't want to spend time on this. Other than that it's an okay suggestion.

In my opinion a better idea would be to have a kind of pvp ladder for people who have low play time or low number of pokedex entries or something like that so there would be a pvp ladder for casuals who are walking aroudn with their lvl 15 charmander and unlocking kanto that could have low value rewards like potion or pokeball or whatever.

Yeah finally someone that gets it right, lol.

I don't know how is PRO coded, but at least I think it wouldn't be that hard.

Set unranked level = 50

Save trainer id (x) pokelevel(1-6)

Set trainer id (x) pokelevel(1-6 to (unranked level))

And in the end, set back the levels to the integer that was saved before.

However, as they do require to log in to your account to lower your level when you mistakenly leveled it up to 100, I am thinking it may not be as easy to implement. It would be a really nice addition though.

Edited by ZetLocrito95