Boss revamp; Opinions here

Eaty

These are massive changes to a part of the game that is very original and has encouraged players to be curious and adventurous. Although some of the changes are good ideas I think some of them could destabilize the economy and possibly demotivate players from fighting certain bosses that have been favorites in the past. I'm not sure how pve bosses that are involved with quests will be affected (to sleepy to think of any besides erika right now but I know theres a couple). And to be honest the bosses being hard was a good thing! Its challenging to take a npc that has an advantage against you such as megas or legendaries. I agree some bosses do need revamp because of various reasons. I dont like the idea of generic rewards based on tier of difficulty though. :/ each boss having its own reward was the excitement of getting a new boss added to game periodically. But anyway thats my opinion I'm going back to sleep. Nighty night!

• Like 1

8e0fae86fa2d6e8d5c23a01a3debce6c.png.63ba87da54fd2227919e10a3c18d589f.png

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First u can do bosses with multi acc aswell, u just being selfish there.

selfish? i would be one of the players that benefits the most from this revamp, trust me i'll be ready day 1 for the 4 acc farm if i can get 14m/month just killing boss

Second even if ppl intentds to do bosses in multi accs, it will burn tons of hours to do so. rn to do all bosses u need 1 day or even more. if u challange Hard mode, 60 bosses u will most likely need 2 days to do 60 bosses, if not more. so more than 1 week to do all bosses in every acc.

i do my boss run in a few hours, around 3-4 maybe i don't do them all but doing them all would take less than 8h for sure. let's say it goes up to 10h for 60 boss in hard, it would take 40h every 15 day to clear them all = 2.6h/day, it's not that hard to do, many players have more than 2h time play every day and i think 10h is a lot more than needed for a boss run

And even if people don't use 4 acc to farm but just 2 or 3 it's still a lot more cash created than right now because right now it's really hard to setup an account that can challenge all boss

This one is like, cmon, many ppl here are complainning about how hard it will be to beat bosses in hard mode, and u want to buff them even more?

there will be easy mode for noobs. i beat all boss without using items with like 8 pokes in total, hard mode should be hard, not just a 1v6 snorlax

what i'm trying to say is that i think this boss farm would make many source of farm irrelevant and would make price raise a lot

i think that if prices raises it's bad for the game because it ruins the experience of new players

if any late game player is able to create millions of cash just by killing boss the inflation could be devastating for the economy

a new player wouldn't be able to buy anything until he is able to have access to that farm and many would be discouraged before to reach that point

no new players = possible death of the game

• Like 1

The fact is do a full boss run is time consuming. Doing it after the revamp, will be even more time consuming, since Bosses will be harder.

The main point I would suggest to change, to not make the whole end game experience a full frustating stall battle, it's remove the bag ban from hard mode. It will totally be not funny with the bag ban. Even more after we get hitted by bosses perma crit or burn or whatever. It's not pvp, it's pve. Think about that, having the bag allowed will solve part of the problem of people considering it too hard.

Second main problem, is the fact that bosses are too far each other. It's very boring to reach them

What I suggest?

To make a huge change to that too.

How?

First of all, divide all bosses in 3 categories: Gym leader bosses (Misty, Surge, etc), Special Bosses (like PC Boss, Terminator), Staff Boss (Neroli, etc).

For the first category, gym bosses, what I suggest is to use the same Koichi system.

When you first find Koichi, inside Saffron dojho, he has a white name, as a regular npc. After you beat him, he turns Red, as a Boss. Do the same for Gym Bosses. When you defeat a Gym Leader in story, he/she turns Red and became the boss.

Special Bosses: you can find an use to an unused tower, this would require some works from mappers, but not too much. Where?

Example: The Battle Tower in Johto!

1537793958362.thumb.png.c725c8e7bd7887f5498e31f0255b3c22.png

You make mappers build a base floor with a PC (with Joy) and a mart (like E4) and then a couple of floor with some dedicated room, and the special bosses inside them.

Staff Bosses: the same as before, but in another unused place: Tower in Trainers Valley.

16189296_boss1.thumb.png.4a8b8688e045cb11f4a7a92401ce6bdf.png

I would say this would require Trainers valley to became a little cheaper for people who don't have trains pass.

Think about this please. It would remove two of the most problematic thing about bosses and the revamp.

Thanks.

• Like 5

The fact is do a full boss run is time consuming. Doing it after the revamp, will be even more time consuming, since Bosses will be harder.

The main point I would suggest to change, to not make the whole end game experience a full frustating stall battle, it's remove the bag ban from hard mode. It will totally be not funny with the bag ban. Even more after we get hitted by bosses perma crit or burn or whatever. It's not pvp, it's pve. Think about that, having the bag allowed will solve part of the problem of people considering it too hard.

Second main problem, is the fact that bosses are too far each other. It's very boring to reach them

What I suggest?

To make a huge change to that too.

How?

First of all, divide all bosses in 3 categories: Gym leader bosses (Misty, Surge, etc), Special Bosses (like PC Boss, Terminator), Staff Boss (Neroli, etc).

For the first category, gym bosses, what I suggest is to use the same Koichi system.

When you first find Koichi, inside Saffron dojho, he has a white name, as a regular npc. After you beat him, he turns Red, as a Boss. Do the same for Gym Bosses. When you defeat a Gym Leader in story, he/she turns Red and became the boss.

Special Bosses: you can find an use to an unused tower, this would require some works from mappers, but not too much. Where?

Example: The Battle Tower in Johto!

[ATTACH=full]44805[/ATTACH]

You make mappers build a base floor with a PC (with Joy) and a mart (like E4) and then a couple of floor with some dedicated room, and the special bosses inside them.

Staff Bosses: the same as before, but in another unused place: Tower in Trainers Valley.

[ATTACH=full]44806[/ATTACH]

I would say this would require Trainers valley to became a little cheaper for people who don't have trains pass.

Think about this please. It would remove two of the most problematic thing about bosses and the revamp.

Thanks.

Love the idea:RowletHeart:

• Like 1

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

selfish? i would be one of the players that benefits the most from this revamp, trust me i'll be ready day 1 for the 4 acc farm if i can get 14m/month just killing boss

i do my boss run in a few hours, around 3-4 maybe i don't do them all but doing them all would take less than 8h for sure. let's say it goes up to 10h for 60 boss in hard, it would take 40h every 15 day to clear them all = 2.6h/day, it's not that hard to do, many players have more than 2h time play every day and i think 10h is a lot more than needed for a boss run

And even if people don't use 4 acc to farm but just 2 or 3 it's still a lot more cash created than right now because right now it's really hard to setup an account that can challenge all boss

there will be easy mode for noobs. i beat all boss without using items with like 8 pokes in total, hard mode should be hard, not just a 1v6 snorlax

what i'm trying to say is that i think this boss farm would make many source of farm irrelevant and would make price raise a lot

i think that if prices raises it's bad for the game because it ruins the experience of new players

if any late game player is able to create millions of cash just by killing boss the inflation could be devastating for the economy

a new player wouldn't be able to buy anything until he is able to have access to that farm and many would be discouraged before to reach that point

no new players = possible death of the game

No point arguing with a closed mind.

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

Hard: 400 EVs on all Pokemon, you can't use items.

- All Pokemon have 31 IVs and are level 100.

- Medium and Hard have hold items.

- All Pokemon have the best possible natures and abilities.

This is ridiculous, nobody can beat a level 120 poke with 400 evs 31x6 and h.a. without items. And even if u get to beat one boss, 20-40k reward is a joke. Also where is the difference between the eggs and the normal pokemon bossdrops except of that it will be more complicated ?

And can you give more information about the shiny chances of those eggs or shiny chances of bossdrops after this update in general ?

Sorry but from what i read here, the only good thing about this revamp would be the removal of the requirements imo.

• Like 2

finn.gif.d450244a79435b8983a25a5b72cff0b1.gif                 Youtube Channel xD                 cruci.gif.0344cffa73dea39fea2bd65a11f291ef.gif  

No point arguing with a closed mind.

i give you detailed facts and numbers and this is your answer LMAO, you give nearly no arguments just some "cmon, many ppl here are complainning"

don't quote me anymore if you don't have arguments ty

really nice idea, it's true that many boss are a pain to reach like the one in valley of steel or erica