Removal of alternative accounts rule in Ranked PvP?

Eaty

IGN: BashFick

Current rating: ~300

Season you were on ladder:

Vote: Do not remove this rule

Reason:

- Team testing sucks indeed but most ppl are kinda active pvp wise, you can rush your rating from the beginning of the 20th day of the month - thats no problem and very easy. Means you have 20 days time to test teams.

- Guild ladder. The only thing what enjoys me would he destroyed by guilds which are pushed with alt accounts, you HAVE to step on this train and do the same if you want to have a chance, espescially counts for small guilds like I am in.

- Highrating - Low rating issue. You begin to do pvp with your alt account with a ladder team and win against high rating players and lower their points... When you have to much rating you go and lose some matches and repeat.

A removal would make me totally unmotivated. Please keep it

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vote : Remove the rule.

I have stopped playing PRO for a while but this an topic that I really want to say my opinion about this.

I have been an active pvp player since 2016,2017. Always on top ladder, even with multiple accounts. But during the time when I come back to PRO in 2018, I don't playing PvP that much anymore, rarely or even a month without PvP. I still loving PvP a lots, always try to build a team, try to find a cool pvp pokemon... but I just don't have enough brave to bring it on ranked. It's seem weird for somebody but that thing actually happened to me. It's so stressful on a ranked where almost everyone know each others And I don't want to battle with someone who know exactly I am. A win is a win but in pokemon skillful is not a thing that 100% bring you to the victory. You will need a lots of testing, some battles experience and a bit of luck. I always asking how far can my pokemon team go on the ladder and that's why always use my alt for testing purpose. When you are high enough, you don't want to get risk to find the answer because you can't use 1 same team repeat and repeat to beat a same guy. "I'm at 400 rate but I just lose to a guy, my team can't beat him. What should I change on my team". What will you do in that situation, trying new team and get risk of your rating? I am not a person who can play hundreds of battle to get in the ladder. I never have more than 100 wins on each season to get in the 25 or even top 5 because I know my team will work after lots of testing on alt. Moreover, PvP on alt actually is where I really enjoy the laddering. I don't have to care about my rating, about losing to some dumb*ss or making a stupid mistake like ppl usual do.

Everything have 2 sides, but I think ppl just overthinking too much about removing the rule. Like almost every ranked system in online game, there are no rules against laddering with multiple account. It's like a real challenge tbh. Even if I'm at high rating then I matching with someone's alt at 1 rating and I'm about to lose to him. Why do I have to complain about that, It's a fair gameplay, I lost because I deserve that and ofc it's not because of using new account for laddering. The only thing that you can complain is the matching system. And if he actually that good then he will not staying at 1 rating for sure.

About boosting Guild's PVP rating. The answer is too obviously. New rule: none of you pvp accounts are in the same guild in the end of season no matter what rating you are...

• Like 3
bb07943896b4bae2a54325ba8c0ccf74a46d8d6dr1-500-281_hq.gif

IGN: Gunners

Current rating: 504.

Season you were on ladder: on ladder since 2016.

Vote: Remove the rule.

Reason: removing this rule will ,at a first side, increase competitivity in PRO for a better pvp environnement. It will give the players a chance to test more teams and by that giving more variety for the PRO metagame, wich is really poor and full of same teams. This rule exists only in PRO comparing to the others pokemon games like showdown and it only lower the level of the players.However Im agaisnt having more then 1 alternative account on ladder.

Edited by Gunners
  • Like 3
Gunnersforumsize.png

IGN: Aggravatings

Current rating: 421

Season you were on ladder: Sept 2018

Vote: Keep

Reason: Removing the role will only make it "ok" for the people already doing it, and make boosting easier than it is (Although the recent cut-down on a couple of boosters in ladder is nice) . Because of the trophies being implemented, guilds have slightly more motivation to go and try for top 3. By allowing this, essentially 25 people in 1 guild of 100 can take top, which is very unhealthy for the community. 100x250 is nearly, if not, double what Fenix get at the end of a season. If everyone is doing it, you will notice that you'll see the same team on at least 4 accounts, making the meta a bit stale. Yeah there may be different usernames fighting you, but the rate ofactual amount of new people coming into the community hasn't changed. A lot of statistics will be completely screwed because of the huge wave of people making 1, 2, or 3 accounts, making it harder to advertise PRO. I'm not going to lie, i already find it hard that PRO has 1.m+ unique players because of the fact that we have access to alts. For the last thing, veteran guilds will be left in the dust by this "guild meta" because they value their players for more than just their rating.

Edited by Aggs
  • Like 2

Untitled-05-06-2022-12-22-24-4-1.png.6f6df218def155a65376ab84479e4d3a.png

Check out the Ascension Guild Page !
Check out
THIS SIGNATURE SHOP by@Limit

IGN: Meen2

Current rating: 300

Season you were on ladder: None

Vote: Keep the rule

Reason: Same as Teerav and Fabion's

I sell all TMs and provide egg move service.

I sell synchronize Pokemons.

I provide a complete generation 1-3 Pokedex service.

I sell miscellaneous items.

IGN: Cames

Current rating: 0

Season you were on ladder: May 2017

Vote: Remove this rule

Reason: Back when the rule wasn't there and only a couple of players had high rating accounts. It's way easier to test teams when you already have your main account on the ladder.

eeafe6f236e0.png

IGN: Zyreh

Current rating: 448

Season you were on ladder: 02/2018

Vote: keep the rule

Reason: The real problem is the amount of players that will abuse of this system (teerav's post explain it better) and about teams testing We already have a feature called unranked matches that exist but that no1 want to use. If you really want to make the pvp more competitive you can start by adding real prices for the first 3 in ladder for example, in this moment the difference between the first and the last place of the ladder is only a few coins, that's why many players don't compete to get first place but they rather just getting a place

Edited by Zyreh
  • Like 1

IGN:KOZIGEORGE

Current rating:397

Season you were on ladder:-

Vote:Remove article 7

Reason: Promotes team testing and the usage of specific account-only legendaries.

Testing teams with just friends isn't enough,becasue it is not an objective experiment.

If somebody is so good and manages ti get high rating on all the accs, if more than 1 account is in ladder, the person should do as demanded(report the incident and reduce the points). Otherwise it doesn't matter. Also, testing with different accounts keeps incognito status, meaning that strategies for tournaments are not revealed that easily.

Edited by KOZIGEORGE