Removal of alternative accounts rule in Ranked PvP?

Eaty

• Developer

Hello guys, with the upcoming trophies for guilds and first rank in solo ladder I was thinking a lot about PvP. Many former PvP players have/had a problem with the alternative accounts rule in PRO.

7. You can use only 1 of your own accounts to PvP within each season.

It feels that PRO got less competitive after it was added. This was mainly due to the limited possibilities to test teams and that made PvP less enjoyable for many users. They were/are only able to test teams at the start of a season or with a rating loss which can be very frustrating. The unranked queue is pretty much dead and not usable for that.

So I want your opinion about following; I want to change the rule so that you are allowed to use alternative accounts but you are not allowed to have more than one account on ladder at the end of a season. You don't have to lose intentionally to do so but can simply ask a staff to remove it. If not a punishment will follow.

Many people might complain about the guild rating but in all honesty, you don't really get anything for a higher position on it and if someone is willing to make the effort to play on multiple accounts then he should be rewarded as everyone is allowed to do the same.

IGN:
Current rating:
Season you were on ladder:
Vote:
Reason:

You are only allowed to vote if you have at least 200 rating in the current season or were on ladder at the end of a season.

Qeight edit:

The following rules would still apply:

2. Each person is allowed a maximum of four owned accounts. You may only have one account per email.

5. Intentionally boost the rating of another account, in any way, is forbidden, and action will be taken if caught.
Edited by Qeight
  • Like 12

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN: PreHax

Current rating: 1

Season you were on ladder: Jan 3, 2017 / Nov 22, 2016 (so back when the rule didn't exist)

Vote: Remove the Rule

Reason: you should be able to test your teams, new Pokemon you trained or just have some fun in PVP without risking loosing your hard earned rating.

Edited by PreHax
  • Like 5

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

IGN: Altruis

Current Rating: 472

Seasons you were on ladder: cant remember it, got 2 times on ladder

Vote: Remove the rule

yes unranked pretty much dead, and unlike showdown we cant reset rating or win ratio in Pro, so if you wanna to test team with main account and lose like you said it will be very frustating with current ratio, so if we can use alt acc, it will make pvp more enjoyable again.

• Like 4

IGN: teerav

Current rating: 309

Season you were on ladder: -/-

Vote: Keep the rule.

Reason:

1. Higher probability of new or inexperienced players matching against veterans.
  2. Guild rankings would be completely skewed by guilds with multiple alt accounts -- this stems into way more problems like guilds refusing new players because they want more alternative accounts in their guild to have higher guild ranking, making it harder for new players to join veteran guilds. Other than guild rankings, there is literally nothing competitive about guilds in PRO. Introducing this rule would completely destroy its legitimacy in every way.
  3. Higher probability of win-trading abuse.
  4. Terrible feeling for players who miss ladder because a few players make ladder with multiple accounts. Sure, a player should be rewarded if they make multiple accounts in ladder but simply alienates others.

1. This will eventually decrease competition in the long run.

How can you talk about guild trophies in your opening line then add on "you don't really get anything for a higher position" later on in your statement? Like saying "hey I care about this issue" then next paragraph you say, "actually I dont care."

EDIT: Anyone voting to remove the rule with the reasoning, "I want to test teams but am too scared" or "I dont want to lose rating on my main account by testing teams" has competitive anxiety. <https://www.sports-training-adviser.com/competitiveanxiety.html>

Its a real thing and *lots* of people have it. However, just because lots of people have competitive anxiety is not an excuse to ruin the competitive integrity of an MMO. PRO is so different from Showdown, League, etc. I agree we need a way to test teams without constant need to beg friends or guildmates to battle, but removing the rule to solve that is a lazy solution. The better solution is to enforce pvp rules in unranked so it becomes a viable practice tool for competitive players. Reward people for using the unranked queue in some way to bring some life into it, like 2k pokedollars, which is probably the amount of gold you would gain leveling in cerulean cave for 5 minutes.

Edited by teerav
  • Like 19
E6W75Tu.png

IGN: Leonidas92

Current rating: 212

Season you were on ladder: None

Reason: I started playing pvp pretty late, so like a lot of things were needed to catch up. Back when I was able to pvp on 2 accounts, one main, one for testing team, I improved pretty fast ( like in 2 months , I went from 200+ rating guy to 400+ rating guy ). And it's true that the unranked pvp has been dead for the last 3 , 4 months

• Like 3

IGN: Ultron

Current rating: 205

Season you were on ladder: Dont remember

Reason: Is a good idea for testing team without losing rating, this can be very useful for new pvp players and people who want to make the effort of playing in multiple accounts.

• Like 3

image.png.ad157ef1880589be2a3a713ba5eaecaa.png
⚙️ Discord: Ultron#9363 ⚙️

IGN: Astro

Current rating: 287

Season you were on ladder: September 2018.

Vote: Don't remove it.

Reason: This can be abused by a lot of people and user. The staff can complete the idea to make everyone happy and not only remove the rule.

• Like 2
BnVREQ4.png

IGN: Fabion

Current rating: 469

Season you were on ladder: I ve been more than 10 times on ladder, the last time was 3-4 months ago can't really remember.

Vote: HELL NO! Keep the rule as it is.

Reason: If you want to test teams ask your friends or guildmates to do a friendly match, being able to pvp in more than one accs would destroy the fairness in the Ladder.

Many will play in 2 or more accs to feed their main acc (which happened a lot before the rule I personally know people who did this and never got punished) , others will use low rating accounts just to make their enemies in ladder drop and others will abuse it to raise their guilds rating.

• Like 6

IGN: Yakuzah

Current rating:307

Season you were on ladder: 2 times mo th ago.

Vote:Keep the rule.

Reason: if you remove this rule the game becomes more autosufficient, you no need anybody to test, you can make your guild take ladder easier (some players with alts could make 800/1000 points with only 2 accs), etc.

I think we need search the way to make people play unranked battles, maybe adding pvp coins reward too or adding scores for unranked battle (not points only Win/loses).

• Like 4

IGN: navneeth

Current rating: 1 //not playing any pvp lately since there's no competition just some noobs spamming all day.

Season you were on ladder: 4 times top 10 on ladder

Vote: Remove the Rule

Reason: Bring back the old PvP environment ty.

• Like 7

DON'T STOP UNTIL YOU'RE PROUD