Conkeldurr Ban When??

Envymeister

Well im just starting the topic, im sure many will agree with me, others not really... but we need to ban conkeldurr, doesnt make sense to have such broken pokemon in meta.

To begin with we playing gen6 pokes with gen7 mechanics, makes no sense, burn got nerfed, which boosted guts usage of conk, we are lacking pokemons to deal with conk, like zapdos, even land(if no ice punch) and overall gen7 mons. So until we get gen7 pokesmon out i would suggest to ban conkeldurr(would say just guts, but isnt impossible to control that) from pvp.

I would like those that disagree to name checks! not counter like sash zam, since i can always protect my conk. actually defensive mons, and we will provide that conk can literally 2 shot ANY pokemon in pro, ofc it depends on the set, but the normals ones: DPunch+Mach+Facade+Knock Off/Ice Punch. A wrong switch in and he can take a kill.

• Like 2

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 232-274 (58.8 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Garchomp: 468-552 (111.4 - 131.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 198-233 (47.1 - 55.4%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 180-212 (47.4 - 55.9%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 121-144 (36.3 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

And once it loses its flying typing (after roost)

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 242-288 (72.6 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 277-326 (74 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

after rocks it just drops in most cases and this if max hp one.

just some of the calcs, now lets see for mons that are pretty much unplayable coz of Conkeldurrs power and pressure it puts on more offensive builds

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 318-374 (111.5 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 420-496 (109.6 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 344-408 (95 - 112.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 252-296 (77.5 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Diggersby: 282-332 (90.6 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Facade (140 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 319-376 (93.2 - 109.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 378-446 (134.5 - 158.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 204-240 (72.5 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

while none of those can reliably kill conk back (other then togekiss) Now i would love to see conkeldurrs usage stats in pro and its winrate, maybe im wrong but i do think its too strong for PRO at the moment, and i think conkeldurr is reason meta cant change or evolve.

Conkeldurr 28.658%

stop running slow teams that get punished by conk, it literally only comes in for free on chansey and ferrothorn, and its bulk really isn't anything special. just maintain momentum, don't get wrecked by mach punch, and it's no more difficult to deal with than any other pokemon.

offensive pressure is pretty good in Pokemon

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

If people run bulky offense teams that protect their wallbreaker (Conkeldurr) then you outpace them really easily by running something more agressive. Conk is a mon that requires prediction to make it useful as it is very slow and is useless if the opponent can out predict you while using faster mons. Due to it's terrible base 45 speed it is far from broken no matter how hard it hits and how there are so many soft checks in the game it's pretty ridiculous to have this discussion at all. If people still "abuse" it like they used to when I still played then as I said earlier in this response, run offense and Conk will never be an issue unless you're just bad. If you're bad then you can make a similar thread about anything honestly because you just don't know how to play against it. Obviously some pokemon will be good against certain archetypes like unaware pokemon for example are great against hyper offense or how Conkeldurr is an excellent wall breaker, meaning it kills off stall nicely. I agree on that Conkeldurr will be in a much worse spot if gen 7 pokemon ever get added (or megas, or z moves or just the missing essential legendary/mystical pokemon. Seriously developers, what are you even doing). If anything should be considered getting banned there are other pokemon than Conkeldurr but those are different discussions.

Conclusion: If there are any capable players left, make a pvp council already that can have reasonable discussions instead of a bunch of crying on the forums for no reason by people who just don't like a certain pokemon or just involve people who don't know anything. What I'm trying to say with that is I'm by no means a great pvper myself, I consider myself decent although much better than the majority of the playerbase (call me arrogant all you want, you've all seen the stupid stuff people say both in discord and in game in this community). My opinion is that Conkeldurr is overrated and should not be ran as much as it is (just like other pokemon who for some reason are in the 25 most used). Unlike threads regarding Chansey bans I don't think this thread is about noobs whining about something they don't understand at all. I can still see why you would think Conkeldurr is "op" despite what I said earlier. Good luck with the thread, I just don't agree with it at all.

• Like 1

poppy.png

ooM1kqT

Conkeldurr 28.658%

stop running slow teams that get punished by conk, it literally only comes in for free on chansey and ferrothorn, and its bulk really isn't anything special. just maintain momentum, don't get wrecked by mach punch, and it's no more difficult to deal with than any other pokemon.

offensive pressure is pretty good in Pokemon

Hmmm tell me do u even pvp to know what u saying? its true faster teams would work out, but then u would be smashed by rain or scarfkiss. Problem here is, u cant play gen7 mechanics with gen6 pokes only, not even full gen6!! u will lacks counters and reliable checkers. Thats what happens with conk. Back in Gen6 was Talonflame, now its conkeldurr.

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

Hmmm tell me do u even pvp to know what u saying? its true faster teams would work out, but then u would be smashed by rain or scarfkiss. Problem here is, u cant play gen7 mechanics with gen6 pokes only, not even full gen6!! u will lacks counters and reliable checkers. Thats what happens with conk. Back in Gen6 was Talonflame, now its conkeldurr.

if your faster team is getting smashed by scarfkiss you're doing something very wrong

teching against rain is not hard

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

With all due respect to all the players involved.

I am one of the few that has not used Conkeldurr, Dragonite, Chansey, Bisharp, etc.

Stop following fashions, try to be a little more original, those who will not agree with this thread, it is because they depend on Conkeldurr to win, whether or not they like my opinion.

While it is true, Conkeldurr is easy to deal with respective predictions.

But, at the same time, it has too much damage, amplitude of movements, and in most teams that have seen it, it is accompanied by +3 walls, in those, Rotom Wash and Ferrothorn.

It is difficult to kill, because they cover it too well, and they look for a minimum of carelessness to attack.

I think they should ban several Pokémon that are * broken * at the moment, Conkeldurr, Bisharp, Chansey, etc. This, due to the lack of Gen7 to counter the annoying and easy to countear, Conkeldurr.

By the way, improve the goal, really, I'm very bored to see Conkeldurrs selling in trade for such high prices, Rotom W, or Ferrothorns.

Always the same.

I do not cry, I am always a top player and I am very easy with Conkeldurr.

But, I think it's a Pokemon broken by now. BAN CONKELDURR, RIP META <3

• Like 2