Suggestion on banning the Prankster + Defog combo

Heroofthestreet

I'm aware this will be fixed with the arrival of the new battle UI, but until then, I'd suggest banning this combo. The reason behind this lies in Prankster not working correctly in PRO, which results in it being broken. To be more specific, dark types are not immune to it (which isn't a dealbreaker as that was a case in Generation VI), but it lets certain mons (most notably Klefki) freely defoging opponent's hazards away (obvously even on dark types), while preserving your own screens, which wasn't a thing existing in Generation VI as during that time Klefki couldn't learn Defog. Considering that Klefki is mostly used on hyper offense teams which usually include Dragonite and mons equipped with sash, it is definitely a thing worth considering. Furthermore, there are already certain combos that are being banned in this game because of them not working like they are supposed to (for instance, sash + memento or wonder guard + sash) so I don't see a reason why this shouldn't be the case too. To conclude this, I'll once more emphasize, I just want the combo of Prankster + Defog to be banned until working properly, not to ban Pranskter, Klefki or anything else.

• Like 5

It is true that this whole issue is not properly coded as even status (toxic, thunder wave, swagger etc) arent blocked by dark types, this happen to me before and ive had a conversation in the battle chat from the game and long story short something as specific as this is very hard to "ban" as there no way it can really be done, its pretty much impossible to stop it from happening, asking for a ban on this is pretty much asking to not use any status from a prankster pokemon if your opponent has a dark type on a team which sounds more conflicting then what this current bug is doing.

I know you mentioned that you only wanted defog + prankster to be banned here but why should defog be considered getting a ban above any other status like twave, toxic or swagger? i feel like you're appealing a bit to your own personal experience and giving yourself some bias, which is perfectly normal and you could even try to argue that defog is the more broken thing to abuse over all the other ones, but in such a specific scenario like this, unless you bring evidence that shows this is consistenly being abused, i dont see it getting resolved.

Like youve mentioned, the new battle UI is getting a rework and most likely this issue will be fixed, so for the time being, i guess the best thing to do at the moment is being patient with these guys, this isnt the perfect scenario but they're at least trying to make it as best as possible.

Cheers.

It is true that this whole issue is not properly coded as even status (toxic, thunder wave, swagger etc) arent blocked by dark types, this happen to me before and ive had a conversation in the battle chat from the game and long story short something as specific as this is very hard to "ban" as there no way it can really be done, its pretty much impossible to stop it from happening, asking for a ban on this is pretty much asking to not use any status from a prankster pokemon if your opponent has a dark type on a team which sounds more conflicting then what this current bug is doing.

I know you mentioned that you only wanted defog + prankster to be banned here but why should defog be considered getting a ban above any other status like twave, toxic or swagger? i feel like you're appealing a bit to your own personal experience and giving yourself some bias, which is perfectly normal and you could even try to argue that defog is the more broken thing to abuse over all the other ones, but in such a specific scenario like this, unless you bring evidence that shows this is consistenly being abused, i dont see it getting resolved.

Like youve mentioned, the new battle UI is getting a rework and most likely this issue will be fixed, so for the time being, i guess the best thing to do at the moment is being patient with these guys, this isnt the perfect scenario but they're at least trying to make it as best as possible.

Cheers.

Yeah, I actually figured the stuff you wrote a bit later after I posted. Don't think it's a crucial change that needs to be fixed right now either as it's not that commonly being abused. That being said, the mods can lock this thread

+1 support , abi boosted because of buged code arent a problem to ban (such as hawlucha unburden already ban)

The problem here is that the request is not to ban prankster but prankster + defog combo which is much more specific and a bit arbitrary as explained in the post i made before.

I brought this subject up internally and we will discuss it, I will respond with an outcome when we reached one.

• Like 1
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

I'm aware this will be fixed with the arrival of the new battle UI, but until then, I'd suggest banning this combo.

We discussed this as well, while indeed this shouldn't be a thing, it is a very niche scenario therefore we will also not ban this.

There is no need for a long explanation, its simply a very niche one and we don't feel like it has that big of an impact. It's not that broken either.

It will be fixed with the upcoming PvP update as well.

Kind regards,

Q8

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

We discussed this as well, while indeed this shouldn't be a thing, it is a very niche scenario therefore we will also not ban this.

There is no need for a long explanation, its simply a very niche one and we don't feel like it has that big of an impact. It's not that broken either.

Kind regards,

Q8

Ok. Thanks for the feedback

• Like 1

Kind regards,

Q8

Will u guys ever ban something other than players? this is something that makes me think alot, what exactly do you guys know about pvp? u have 0 experts in that matter, yet u keep ignoring great players (like mamathieu, gunners, destro .... not toxic ones at least), and relying mostly on smogon. Pro lacks Code as so: Volt-Turn, Legends, Megas, Abilities, do i need to keep up? U cant follow Smogon blindly, meta is stagnent for years, only rain + ferro + togekiss + manaphy + conks around. if u ban something lets say Manaphy or dump rock, meta will change, that will allow more teambuilding, if u cant see this then this game will crumble.

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png