Easter Event Feedback

Magicguard

With the release of Breezy Falls, CS team is looking for feedback on this year's Easter Event. We would highly appreciate any responses, especially if they suggest specific improvements we could make!

Some specific questions we have:

• If you could improve one facet of the event, what would it be?
  • What was your favorite part of the event?
  • What was your least favorite part of the event?
  • What can we do to make the event better for next year?
  • Were any parts of the event (or the whole thing) so terrible that we should delete them and forget they were ever added?

• Like 9

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the event during the Easter period (2-3weeks), don't have it ongoing towards the summer as it is now.

Favourite part was cashing out on event pokes.

Least favourite part, I think there was a quest, no idea what it was.

To make the event better maybe promote it more, build hype.

Most terrible part was the easter larvesta form, it is such an eyesore. Never bring back that form. Ever.

Best wishes

- Maybe have more cool stuff to buy with Easter Tokens. There are too many dailies to collect a lot of Easter Tokens, but the main thing to buy is the Togekiss Mounts. I already have a very cool Entei Mount. I was expecting some cool clothes.

- I really like the idea of Breezy Falls introducing Little Cup to PRO. I would enjoy more if we could come back to Breezy Falls with more pokemon after beating Elite 4 and Champion though. Having to hunt everything again is tiring and doesn't allow us to bring our own Little Cup team. I'm forced to use only what is there to hunt in Breezy Falls.

- Looking for the eggs everywhere in Kanto was insane. It was good because it gave me a lot of views, but I feel so bad for the ones who don't have travel pass.

-Add more cool and exclusive stuff to buy with Easter Tokens.

-Keep Breezy Falls, but allow us to enter with any pokemon after beating LC Elite 4 and Champion, but only allow us to battle them again within "LC rules" (level 30 below non evolved pokemon, etc.)

-The third reward from David wasn't worthy the whole journey. I was expecting something Easter exclusive... I think choosing an Easter pokemon with random IVs would be cool.

-Make maps less confusing.

• Were any parts of the event (or the whole thing) so terrible that we should delete them and forget they were ever added?

- Nah, in my opinion everything was cool. I love the easter pokemon, specially exegggutor family. Wonder who was the god who made that.

Edited by Belzebel
  • Like 1
sign2.png

Shops/Time Limited Event Bosses/Clearer Infos about the Event - I felt the lack of a masterthread about it (a bit of hype is also important imo)

Eggs Hunt and Breezy Falls

I refused to get Shaymin because of boring quest [also to focus on sith pawn (but i was unlucky with it)]

Items Shop with Clothes and Hats

Nope! Nothing was that bad! ---but i think both Eumi for Xmas and Breezy for Easter are missing something compared to a more complete and enjoyable event like Vulcan Island was (even w/out event forms!)

Edited by UnscarreD

I am just Salty and Sour after failing to find xmas Eevee three xmas events in a row. I enjoyed hunting the very doable 1/20 halloween forms. But I can no longer commit to hunting event forms that have a lower rate than that. I won't hunt xmas pokemon again or easter pokemon. The chances are too low for that kind of thing to be slapped on tier 8+ pokemon.

The events themselves are awesome, and I love you all for making them. I just feel like Xmas and Easter forms are too exclusive and ridiculously rare that it's a waste of my time to even try.

I steer away from things that aren't realistically human friendly. My opinion is that Event Forms should not be rarer than 1/50. The average player can't be expected to catch 550-1500 tier 8+ pokemon. Only robots, account sharers, or people with inhuman attention spans and 0 responsibilities can devote their lives to finding Event Forms that rare.

Please make event forms more human friendly to hunt for. Halloween and Clone are perfect with 1/20. Even if they are tier 9.5.

I think you get the point. Thank you for reading and thank you for all the work you all do for this Amazing Game. I love PRO. I just hate my self for wasting so much time on event Pokemon I knew I wasn't going to find anyway.

• Like 5

One of the thing I was waiting the most for was cool buyable items. Easter TogeKiss Mount was a great idea. The other ''standard'' items can also be usefull (mainly Rare Candies and Super Repels), but it would have been cool to have clothing as well. This is mainly what I would improve, adding more buyable stuff.

It is hard to say cos I really liked the event. I liked the eggs hunt a lot. But I'm even surprised while thinking about, it is very weird, but I think my favourite part is the last added one, the Little Cup E4. I would like to precise that I dont personally like the Little Cup tier, but fighting trainers and having good rewards made me very happy about this.

The ''Quest Master'', I dont know if this is the right NPC name. The guy who ask us to hunt a different Pokemon everydays. I hunted some of them to get easter tokens, but it was annoying and the reward was not very good. But this is just my own preferences.

More cool stuff to buy of course. The Breezy Path was a bit confusing when I first entered and while doing all the Shaymin related quest. I joined on this account around December 2017, and while going into Xmas area, there was some trainers to defeat. Some might dislike it, but I personally like to grab my Pokemon before going to an event and fight some new trainers. =D Also there is a thing specific concerning the Snivy we can get in Breezy Falls. It would have been a good idea to make this free Snivy 100% H.A (Contrary) and also add an option to sync it. I hunt a lot and I like the feeling when I get a very good Pokemon. Would have been cool to have a good chance to have a Snivy. This is a personal idea, maybe some would not agree with that. ;)

This event was great, there was mistery, easter forms, farmable tokens, custom mount, possiblity to make some money (Rare Candies, Easter forms, Good PVP mons ect), daily quests, catchable legendary and even some boss right now. This is, imo very complete. Was funny to be active during that time. There is nothing I would like to delete, but there is some stuff that could be improved, of course. But right now, I'm a bit sleepy, this is night here and I cant think clearly, so I'll stop right here. =P Thanks for the event! =D

Edited by Madtrainer
  • Like 1

Madtrainer_Jolteon.gif.207f7bcf3067bf69eb5205ea0bc33f66.gif

The rates of the special pokemon spawns, like Larvesta, Togepi, etc were a kinda hard to hunt them

Get pokemon Tier 8+ and their easter forms, also i liked all the quests, those quests were really good. Also were the easter mounts

The spawns, maybe you could be better if you put pokemon more special attackers (Larvesta, Togepi, Nidoran, etc.) in just one map, same thing with physical attackers. That was a kinda strefull because while you were hunting larvesta, bunearys were spawning.

Can do a better map, it was a kinda confusing, i know that maybe this were because of time, also try to give better thing to buy with eastern coins.

I'd like to see released the whole event just in one, and don't wait for release more parts of the event.

Thank you so much for the event i loved it, hunted a lot, was great. Congratulations for the eastern event 2019! :D

Loved shaymin quest.. That mistery. People coming together to solve the puzzle.. It was very good. Because people stimulated to act. And breaking their chains from grinding excessive hours. I loved it. I wish you would do this kinda quests Instead of static and very long hour requirements. (I know there's progress on that.. appreciated.)For legendaries.

At least going breezy town doesn't costs 5k Everytime. Unlike emui town it was universal. Everyone enjoyed . So thats a good sign.

• The maps are too big. The maps are not able to be navigated without using the Staffview command. I appreciate the detail and how much time and effort undoubtedly went into their creation, however the scale of them is daunting and overwhelming.
    • I think there is a difference between something that is "difficult" and something that is cryptic and/or tedious. I think back to hunting eggs and needing to find 40 was an unnecessary goose chase that I think almost no one did without having a guide open. Shout out to the guide makers, y'all the real MVPs. I also think back to the sound thing with the gracidea and while I really enjoy seeing that a quest that unique is able to happen, as someone who plays with the game muted, I would never have known to do it like that again, without a guide.

[*]What was your favorite part of the event?

• Little Cup. Without a doubt. This was unique, totally unexpected and added a much needed way to get Easter Tokens. The selection of available pokemon were good - but why is Riolu only at night? Give people a wider selection of things to choose from for their battles. If i get to the battle at morning (like I did) I can't use a Riolu unless i bring one in. Just make everything spawn all the time.
    • Shaymin was an obvious big plus. The quest was mostly good but I think the last part of it was too cryptic. It just felt like an artificial way of people waiting before getting their pokemon. Especially since once it was figured out everyone just lended the necessary pokemon to others to get it done.

[*]What was your least favorite part of the event?

- The slow pace at the beginning for getting Easter tokens. It felt insurmountable and tedious doing daily quests to get 1/10th of the way to 1/6th of the mounts. Every 3 days you get more shards, but still, this process is slooooow. People lose interest (myself included).

[*]What can we do to make the event better for next year?

- Change farming for event skins.

1. I am going to echo sentiments here and say that it is time to remove 1/550 event spawns from the game. When I think about this event, the most notable skin i'm going to remember is Pawniard. This is a problem because it's a skin not related to the event. Not only is it the most interesting skin (in my opinion) but it is a tier 8-9 pokemon that has an event skin, is repel-trickable, and is way more manageable to try and get one with a rarity of 1/100. Why would I spend any time farming for a larvesta that is harder to encounter, I can't use a money sink (repel trick) if i want to try and get one, and then has an even higher chance of being event skinned? To quote another user who posted before me, Clones and Halloween mons are better designed. Make them tier 9.5. But make it 1/20. Or make it t8 and make it 1/100. -1/550 is simply too ridiculous for anyone other than those willing to commit hours and hours a day to the game. Again, this comes down to the difference between something being difficult and something being tedious.
    2. I would reduce the number of skins and make them more of the focus. This event had Exeggcute, Kangaskhan, Munchlax, Larvesta, Feebas, all of the Togepi's, Azurill and all of their corresponding families. This would mean I need to have on average 6600 encounters of just these pokemon to possibly get all of them. This number isn't awful until you consider that all but two of these are tier 8/9. and even the "common" ones are still uncommon encounters. Reduce the odds, reduce the amount of skins, and make two or three of them the focus for a couple weeks.
    3. Skins are not new content. I am not saying every event needs to have new content, and me saying this is not a bash on staff/artists who work hard to make them and implement them, however with the current rates as they are, when you get no skin, all you have done is farm for a pokemon, which you can do whether there is an event or not.

[*]Were any parts of the event (or the whole thing) so terrible that we should delete them and forget they were ever added?

• Remove multiple dailies for Easter Tokens. Having to farm a T8 mon then grind out 6 brushes to get a whopping 200 tokens took too much time and made the event feel like more work. Have a boss (Little cup), a daily (brushes) and an interactive (rocks).
    • I firmly believe the whole philosophy about farming for skins needs to be addressed.

I believe that you guys deserve a commendation in spite of all that I have suggested (and will likely hear from others) - asking for feedback like this is new and I think demonstrates that you are taking the communities consideration seriously. It is appreciated.

• Like 1

I would make the quest better like a long stories like the olds one in haloween and christmas so u can enjoy when ur doing it

Maybe the best part was catching a legendary ofc and some good pokes in breezy town

Map so confusing

A better story, good map with some bosses if u can and better stuff to buy from tokens

the last part i think its so boring that i didn't even did it :q