1. Voting in regards to our PvP Rules: "Do we allow Elemental Gems such as Flying Gem, Electric Gem and co. in Ranked PvP?"

Qeight

Hey there PvP players,

As previously announced in this thread : PRO's PvP inconsistencies in regards to move/ability combinations, we wanted to get rid of all the inconsistencies as we are not properly enforcing them and making decisions on our own.

These votings are not regarding the META of this game, we won't put things that are "broken" in your eyes up to vote, these votings are purely to let you guys decide on how much inconsistency we allow.

We are an MMO with 7 Generations of Pokemon (Gen7 Pokemon started to roll out lately), we use Gen 7 mechanics and sometimes certain things are not available in Gen7 but are available in PRO such as "Elemental Gems".

We go based on a Gen7 standard, as our latest Gen is Gen7 and our mechanics/stats are based around Gen7. If something was available in previous Gens but is no longer available in Gen7 then its part of the whole inconsistency concept.

If you know any combinations that shouldn't exist in PRO please feel free to DM them to me. We will have a few of these votings for all known inconsistencies currently and continue to have those votings till we covered all of them.

This is by no means a permanent solution, in our eyes the best and most competitive solution would be to follow Showdowns Gen7 team validation process but this is simply not possible here yet. This however can't be done without fully releasing Gen7 and a complete battle code rework. We have to with what we got now and stop make decisions for the current state of the game.

In order to vote you have to meet the following requirements:

1. Do we allow Elemental Gems such as Flying Gem, Electric Gem and co. in Ranked PvP?

Please copy paste this into the comments and fill it out properly:

Username: 
Server:
Season you were Top25/Screenshot of your current rating:
Your voting:
Your reasoning: 

Your voting has to be precise.

I will delete every voting that doesn't meet requirements or is poorly filled out, please take your time with it.

The voting ends: 15. August 2019: at least 50% of the eligible voters have to vote otherwise the decision falls into staff hands

Edited by Qeight
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Username: RogueAngel

Server: Silver

1564170554164.png.057d0f9af5255e72ff66af0d0e4b0465.png

Your voting: No, do not allow gems in PvP (except normal gem, if you read reasoning you'll see why)

Your reasoning: My reasoning is very simple, for the fact that the only gem that you can possibly obtain in gen 7 is normal gem. If we are going based off gen 7 mechanics, you cannot go half-assed about it. Already having gen 7 mechanics without the pokemon makes it not authentic, and allowing gems would make that even worse, even moreso the fact that gems weren't allowed in gen 6 either, which the meta is more in common with. It is not because I think the gems are broken or anything, in fact i think most are very niche or even down right outclassed by other items, with the exception of flying and normal gem. Hawlucha is the only pokemon that can really make good use of a gem, and even then, with zapdos being released it allows us to make use of its best counter. Of course, the only gem i believe that should be allowed is normal gem, seeing as it is actually obtainable outside of gen 5. But otherwise, they are generally outclassed items that shouldn't be obtainable in the first place, so i believe they have no place in PvP, go use them in the item recycle or something.

• Like 3

Username: buyshinynair

Server: silver

Season you were Top25/Screenshot of your current rating: 1564175469646.png.ddb9e081e53e6ab38e3b54e5a5ea054c.png

Your voting: yes, allow it

Your reasoning: these items really wont change anything, they are not powerful, the only viable use is with hawlucha's acrobatic, and, you wont get the boost on the first time of usage (speed boost).

hawlucha still wont be meta, even with this gem, they will prob be good with tapus and seeds, on a very far future.

• Like 3

(:

Username: Belzebel

1564185289453.png.3ec8f735d3e165f7d9f1cd49c7e1489d.png

Your voting: Yes and No. Yes if PRO wants to be a fun game for pokemon fans. No if PRO wants to be loyal to the original pokemon games.

Your reasoning: I didn't know a lot about the gems until I search it. Apparently, the gems were introduced in Gen V giving a boost of 50% more damage. In Gen VI they were nerffed to 30% more damage instead of 50% and never released in game. (I didn't try to understand the logic). I'm not sure, but a lot of people think it was because it is "OP" with Hawlucha and unburden ability. I personally doubt it. The reason was never said though. Then, in Gen VII the gems were replaced by Z-moves. I don't think these gems will be OP or make a big difference in PVP. It is always good to see new things allowed in PVP, stimulating creativity :> I don't see a problem with introducing forgotten things from pokemon in PRO. After all, this is the good thing about fanmade pokemon games.

Edited by Belzebel
  • Like 4
sign2.png

Username: Mamathieu

Season you were Top25/Screenshot of your current rating: Last one

Your voting: Yes

Your reasoning: Would have say no if that item had a big impact on our game experience but its limited

Imo pro is still far to have all gen7 mechanics and with gen8 coming pro will no longer able to follow nintendo process (end of national dex)

So lets just have fun with hawlucha x)

Username: FastedCorsi - Knockers

Server: Gold

Your voting: YES

Your reasoning:

For the moment we can allowed them that don't do any big change for the pvp méta atm maybie if we see some big change in pvp cause of gem's use we can maybie try to ban them but atm it's too early we need to let all player try some set with it . don't forget we are in a fan game with a pvp meta different than smogon and official game for the moment so we don't need do all smogon or official game ban if that don't change a lot our pvp meta .

1564336711483.png.e10f84b7fdcc5bfe263ca6201aa117d0.png

Edited by FastedCorsi

Username: Crucifixuz

Server: silver

Season you were Top25/Screenshot of your current rating: april

Your voting: yes allow

Your reasoning: as others already pointed out correctly, the gems won't change a lot and are in no way overpowered. It would be cool to see some hitmonlees or hawluchas except the same lame teams over and over again but i think there won't be many people using them anyways even if they were to be allowed so just allow it is not a big deal imo

Lucky adventure bros

finn.gif.d450244a79435b8983a25a5b72cff0b1.gif                 Youtube Channel xD                 cruci.gif.0344cffa73dea39fea2bd65a11f291ef.gif  

Username : Batoteiro007

Server : Gold

Current rating : 400+

Vote : Yes

Reason : The items will not have a big impact and can only give their best benefits to few pokes like sceptile, hawlucha. I agree though with the fact that the game has improved a lot in the PvP department so why not update it with those items.

_20190728_211252.JPG.c760d6c44a2eda78af885fdbf38f5e37.JPG

videotogif-2021-01-03-16-23-56.gif.21f076e3dec0103152fc1f4bddb97317.gif

Username: Nakofum

Server: Gold

Season you were Top25/Screenshot of your current rating: Last season I was top25

Your voting: Yes

Your reasoning: To my mind, gems will be a way push the surprise(cheese) in pvp meta, without change it, that will just make it more funny for people who want to try Something new. This is true that it will works well with hawlucha, but as we saw, hawlucha isn't op as it needs ban, so, it will maybe up, but i think this up still reasonable. For resume, gems should bring creativity in ranked.

pro_banneer.png.f289a7c52f84f608823137a123b0f8e6.png