Vote: Should be revert Gale Wings to gen6 till battle rework?

Eaty

Should we revert GW to gen6?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Should we revert GW to gen6?

Why is anyone allowed to vote for this? If you do not have a rating of above 200 at the VERY LEAST there is no reason this vote should be taken serious.

This vote isn't even there to decide whether or not it gets reverted, its there to give Eaty an overview of how the community thinks about the subject.

Am i wrong or there's not even a time limit in this questionable poll?

No need for a timer.

• Like 1
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Im actually not old enough to know how talon meta was prior to his nerf in here, but i can definitely assume that without things like rotom-wash, very little heatran being played and overall a more offensively centralising meta where it was an essential piece in the main archtype it was played back then, makes me understand the hostility towards buffing gw. I think what puts me on edge with this guy is really the lack of checks from a cb set this has, compared to smogon, as if this were to be on smogon i think my opinion would radically differ where checks like lando, mega manectric, mega diancie, and even thundurus exist.

The meta is certainly more prepared to deal with talon than before with things like rotom-wash, zapdos and more defensive cores being used on bulkier teams with mons such as slowbro, hippo, tankchomp and gliscor. The problem i have is that i feel its main usage would still be for HO purposes as it was once before. A lot of arguments i saw in this thread defending talons position came from the fact that its reintroduction would give a breath of fresh air from the stagnant meta were currently on, the thing is if were gonna be spamming the same set it was using from back then, the novelty will be lost very quickly and were gonna be back on the same spot with the same meta, i can definitely guarantee if your expecting a new experience with talonflame being back, just know that itll last very little.

There are things that talonflame would positively impact the meta in my opinion, becoming a good check to conk as well as being one as reliable as talonflame is definitely bound to turn down the pressure this mon puts on most teams, conk by nature is a hard pokemon to revenge kill, its even more dificult if your team doesnt rely as much on offensive power such are the case with more balanced/stall teams. Also being an excelent pokemon that shutdown mons like ferro with its taunt set would certainly be a good addition to the meta, ferro pretty much being able to spam hazards anytime it wants unless you have a xatu on your team (or magic bounce in general i guess) forces a lot of hazard removal and predictable behaviours from the players as it desperately tries to get rid of the hazards from defog/spin which gives the oportunity for mons like conk/weavile/ttar or anything that really hits hard to come in for free. Talon would be a good pioneer to deal with those hazard abusing teams. Also effective at stopping other walls such as hippo who lack stone edge, tankchomp who lacks stone edge as well (which im sure most of them do), skarms, heatrans, clefs, chanseys etc. inabilitate them with wow/toxic or try to punish them with immediate damage using sd+acrobatics sets. Its a shame a pokemon like this also has the reputation of being extremely one dimensional with its all-out attacker set, otherwise id agree with its come back in a heartbeat.

The question is though do the good things outweight the bad ones? As much as i wanna say yes, i really cant say without having any experience with talonflame in this meta, same goes for the final verdict, which like ive said before were definitely more ready to deal with talonflame then we were back then however this wont stop its main utility being on HO teams. Do i think its broken? I dont think it is, is it unhealthy? Possibly, it certainly something i wouldnt rule out. I originally voted yes but thinking back i mightve had a change of heart, knowing what this mon can offer to the meta outside of just being a nuke is what made me decide to vote yes, however looking at a more macroscopic level this might not be the best idea. Ideally if talon were to come back, i feel like we should all be ready to make a second decision if its really worth reverting gw or not.

Edited by Baganha