Insta should be put at the start of an auction

Kboww

+1 , i totally agree with this . It always happens with me , i lost many pokes due someone giving insta the moment it was set .

And if a person dont know about the prices of their poke .

Then why is there a system of price check lol

You can't just trust people with price check it can easily mislead and people also can't know price always imigane someone go. To his 2nd acc price check a shiny charmanter 5m you sell it for this price and find out its worth over 30m

• Like 1

Alhamdulilah for everything I own ❤️

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't just trust people with price check it can easily mislead and people also can't know price always imigane someone go. To his 2nd acc price check a shiny charmanter 5m you sell it for this price and find out its worth over 30m

You are right but ,

Who says someone only have to depend on one persons price check opinion or depend on pc at all

If you are not sure ask for offer , it this case u dont have to sell it if u dont satisfy with the offer . And why dont get many opinions as possible before starting a auction . There is no need to instantly set an auction for a poke the moment u caught it .

And what if u set an insta later in an auction and sold the poke and then the buyer sells it for a higher price than he bought .

In both cases u cant be sure of the price of a poke . Whether u set insta later or earlier .

• Like 1

+1, absolutely agree. Either starts with an insta, or you let the auction go for the stated time.

Besides the unfairness in terms of wasted time bidding on something that randomly disappears and timezones advantages (@Exclusivez I was following them too, painful!), the current system is highly exploitable. The seller can decide on a random 'insta' price at any point in time throughout the auction so a friend can terminate it, should the auction not reach satisfactory levels or the seller decides he wants to keep the pokemon after all. We need to ensure buyers' protection, as bidding implies they are not allowed to allocate any of their assets anywhere else for the auction period, temporarily preventing them from futher progressing in the game.

You may argue that having a friend bid on your pokemon is also exploitable, and you would be right, however it is not a certain win (some crazy person can just outbid it) and it is a lot easier to spot/track such fishy inconsistencies.

Additionally, the current system allows for insta price negotiation, which is again unfair for many and overall wrong. If an insta is not stated, I can approach the seller and offer a sum to insta buy it and avoid the bid war, and the seller can just quickly state he added and insta price and the pokemon is gone.

On the flip side, sellers are already protected: contrary to the sellers' rules, buyers' ones are very clear and less prone to interpretation. You bid you buy, or you are force traded/punished.

Sellers also have the freedom to decide on the price they see fit, or not state a price at all which by itself is already protection enough. They can state starting price, time limit and let it go if they are unsure about pricechecks. If you auction a good pokemon for 3-4 days including weekends without insta, it inevitably reaches it's correct market value.

Following some of the recent auctions, it is as clear as sky that something fishy has been going on. I've seen Jolly 30 Charizard being instad for 10mil, others reach comparable prices in auctions, and better ones disappearing 1 minute after adding the insta price in the middle of the night for half the price. Not happened once, it's just one example :PixiuRIP:

Now you can claim it's a 'mistake', you can blame the 'price checking' system, but I don't believe for a second someone with a valuable 'mon is unable to check auction prices for the same pokemon within the same week. Let alone willingly sell it for half of those price despite the auction progressing naturally with multiple bidders.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by Nechrit
  • Like 5

-1, most ppl who did +1 are only seeing from the perspective of a buyer rather than both the seller and buyer.

The buyer can bid high in the start of the auction if he feels that no one else will bid after that amount to be safe. And what if someone else just bid huge amount which surpasses your budget where there is no insta you will still call it unfair?

• Like 1

+1, the auction insta should be announced from the start like: This auction lasts 72 hours. In 48 hours after the first bid, the insta will be announced. You just give your money to a friend if you're not in the same timezone and he gets the insta for you if needed. Everyone will have the same chance to win it.

My issue is that with most of these really high auctions, they suddenly pull an insta after having had some big bids, and a random dude comes 10 seconds later and gets the insta, without anyone else having any time to react, while the other bidders have paid attention nonstop, and due to being screwed by timezones sometimes, they can't do anything about it. It sometimes feels stupid to bid on something when most of the time it feels like the guy who runs the auction secretly sets an insta with someone in DMs so he can post first the insta in forums and then the dude comes and takes it. (I'm wording it like that because he can't say "sold insta" before announcing the insta and someone bidding afterwards. It's not allowed).

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

-1, most ppl who did +1 are only seeing from the perspective of a buyer rather than both the seller and buyer.

The buyer can bid high in the start of the auction if he feels that no one else will bid after that amount to be safe. And what if someone else just bid huge amount which surpasses your budget where there is no insta you will still call it unfair?

People can bid as high as they'd like on an auction, if it goes higher for the buyers budget, unlucky him, the seller profits from that, also if the first buyer bids high, and insta would be added that's higher, which means the next guy would be able to insta it anyways. From all points of view it'll be sold to the one with more money that wants it, or simply to the one that is willing to pay the most money for it

• Like 2

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

With the changing market sellers are free to pick an insta since it is hard to determine the real value of your Pokemon. A price check, while useful, can always be off by a few 100k or when it comes to godly/rare Pokemon a few million. Which is why the insta does not have to be set right away.

My personal opinion is that i do like the suggestion with the main reason that it eliminates the option to agree on an insta ingame with another player which will make the auction unfair.

Keep in mind that this is my personal opinion so i do not speak for the Tmod team.

• Like 8

20210407_201806.gif

I understand both sides of the argument, the main problem is that say I bid a fair amount for a pokemon and I have to head to bed or work. I cannot then monitor if an insta is set and therefore cannot do anything about it. Would it not be fair that if an insta is set after the auction is announced that the current highest bidder has the first right to insta at that price? If the highest bidder at the time declines then it is anyone's game and the highest bidder stays the highest bidder and risks someone else instaing, but the right should pass to the last person who bid on the auction.

• Like 3