Hidden Power for legends

Bash

• 3 weeks later...

+1
The math like he posted before is a very good argument. And like some1 else pointed out its kind of xD that the only legend with the option of ideal hp are staffs or the very very rares ones that us normal pleb got. Either push forwards idea like this or with other applications or ban those "staff mons" from pvp :). The argument that this would make it to "OP", well if so then why are staff allowed to use perfect iv and chosen hp and the rest of us have a beter chance playing lottery? Isnt that the true OP, xD.

I dont do not want to point fingers but for example smooge got a staff generated lando with stronk iv and hp ice. I dont mind the ivs as much but i can bet alot of my none existing bank account (im broke send help!) that very few if not only he have a hp ice lando, esp with good iv. That literally means if he so choose to run that set his lando got a gigantic advantage over every other lando in existence, in both mirror matchup and matchup against stuffs like garchomp/gliscor etc. And lando is a very popular mon (with good reasons ofc). Boasting a top 25 usage every season so far and a 60%ish winrate. How come some people (and again dont plame the player, blame the game/system) get to use these stuffs while others have to play with 0.000001 chance of just getting the correct hp with passable evs? The argument that it break the economy or to op for pro or what not, well that just scale with the counter argument that the privilege few gets special advantage in pvp. So the stronger you think its bad for pro, the biger is the gap btw plebs and higher society (i have a flair for drama, but man how often do you get to say "higher society". 

Now im not saying this posts idea or i have the correct solution, but something in this direction is worth discussing, or at very least about the usage of these staff mons, while normal poke i dont mind, having generated legens with chosen hp is imo "op". While the rest of us are playing lottery with the previous mentioned 0.000019805 chance of getting fitting hp ( i just copied that guys number:credit/blame goes to him)

Edited by EvilProtagonist
  • Like 1

I like the idea, and i agree with  the fact that's too hard to get the wanted HP combined with decent IVS ; the hard part is how to actually make it possible.  First solution it comes to my mind is adding a 'mini reroll' only for HP, with regular rerolls not changing the hidden power, but it might be too difficult, coding talking.  

1 hour ago, Dan33 said:

I like the idea, and i agree with  the fact that's too hard to get the wanted HP combined with decent IVS ; the hard part is how to actually make it possible.  First solution it comes to my mind is adding a 'mini reroll' only for HP, with regular rerolls not changing the hidden power, but it might be too difficult, coding talking.  

Since hidden powers are determined by the IVs of a pokemon that wouldnt make much sense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Norex said:

Since hidden powers are determined by the IVs of a pokemon that wouldnt make much sense.

You're right, but IVs are a delicate thing to touch imo, even if +1 or -1; as i said i like the idea, but it's hard to make it possible.