An idea to fix the set master's PP up issue

Keabu

Hello everyone,

The set master was a really nice addition to this game, allowing us to save differents sets on our legendaries. However, we all know that max PPs can't be saved when you're loading a new set. This is kinda annoying when you're using a legendary which requires full PPs ups/ a lot of PP ups (basically all of the legendaries who uses self-healing moves / pressure / low base pp attacks). The staff also said that this issue wasn't solvable.

So I just thought of this : Instead of "saving" our sets on the SAME legendary, the NPC could "duplicate" the said legendary into the EXACT same version, including IVs / EVs / nature / ability and moves. 

With this method, you still have to use nature rerolls at least once if you need to change the nature, you still have to do EVs and to moveset the pokemon, but you can use your PP ups on all legendaries since they're not the "same" pokemon anymore. (let's use Heatran as an example, if you want to use 3 differents sets, you'll end up with 3 differents heatrans in your PC)

It wouldn't be free and the NPC should ask for a higher price to duplicate the legendaries because you wouldn't have to load/change sets anymore. (I thought of 500k / 1M per copy)

The only problem I saw with this is about PvE. Players could abuse this, creating teams with a lot of the same legendaries in it in order to easy win against some bosses.

This can be fixed easily = some bosses doesn't allow certains pokemons and the PvP ranked doesn't allow you to queue with more than one version of the same specie in your team => "Bosses won't fight against the player if there is more than 1 legendary pokemon of the same specie in the player's team."

Any feedback is appreciated !

Thanks for reading

Keabu

Edited by Keabu
  • Like 5

+1, the PP should be saved. PP is really important when playing against stall or stall yourself. The fact that I have to spend 12 PP-Ups everytime I use the set changer is really discouraging and I dont do it as much as I would like because of that.

The question about saving the PP was answered on another thread some time ago too.

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/149076-make-the-legendary-saver-interesting-for-pvp/?tab=comments#comment-817647

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...