[Feedback - Megathread] Valentine Event 2021 ❤

Shinohara

Enjoyment: 6/10

I enjoyed the event quite a bit, because of its nice mapping, graphics, and art. But the server crashes made the event a bit annyoing.

Quest Difficulty: Medium

The Quest was "Medium" for me since some parts are easy then it's getting more difficult as you progress through the quest, especially the Nidoqueen Rescue, and the Dragon's Neck Quest.

Story/Lore perspective: 7/10

The story was well written, but, I think it could have more twists to make the event more exciting and fun.

Effort/Reward Ratio: 6/10

Rewards were decent, but I suggest to make the Effort and Reward ratio more balanced.

• Like 1

Pokemon Revolution Online IGN: Leafbolt8

Discord ID: yourdog#4342

Pokemon Showdown IGN: Leafbolt8 

• Enjoyment = 10/10 ( Excluding those server crashes ) Staff did a great job but sadly can't do anything about crashes 😦 

• Quest Difficulty = This was easy one at least easier then Xmas quest. 

• Story = Overall are parts are good except that Drifllon and nidoqueen one part was hard to complete for me ( Need to wait for night + Servers are keep crashing when I was about to complete it -_________________________- )  😦

• Effort / Reward Ratio = 10/10 Cupid bow was great. And ig RCS and PP ups are good. Also , there is cooldown time for each item in island. So it was great. Hope to see new rewards next year again. 😎

• Suggestion  = Do anything but try to make servers stable 😦😕

Edited by supertrainers
  • Like 1

Server issue is actually unrelated to the event itself, so I don't think it should be brought up here.

Anyway.

Enjoyment: I do enjoy the event, I love seeing new maps and forms.

Quest Difficulty: This is for the main quest only, I didn't do the Cupid Bow quest since I feel "eh, not for me" regarding how it looks. The main quest is not too easy, but also not too hard and annoying. It's perfect.
Story/Lore: It's good. I'm particularly amused by the Nidoqueen-Jellicent part XD
Effort/Reward Ratio: For the main quest, I'd say it's fine. The Cupid Bow quest on the other hand, although I didn't do it, deserve a mention here - I don't think just one cosmetic item is a good enough reward after going back and forth traveling through an entire region to deliver all those letters. Maybe if there's something like a Master Ball as well for the reward, it would be more worth it. The Ayva's bag mini-quest, it's a fun little addition that's easy to do, but 1 gem is just too little, as easy as the quest is. Especially since it's a once per day quest. Should be 10 gems, in my opinion. Or instead of 1 gem, it should be 1 of those arceus plates, since they're really rare to get from digging.

Also, something to point out regarding spawn, the chance is not revealed again for whatever reason, but I feel like the chance for Valentine form is definitely not as high as 1/550 (Walross said Valentine chance is 1/550 in 2019), or even Halloween's 1/50, and even that I feel has been nerfed too, last year's Halloween event doesn't feel like there's 1/50 chance for Halloween form.

IMO, regardless of what's the event, special event form chance should have standardized "tiers" as well, at 1/200 for tier 1-3 spawn, 1/150 for tier 4-5 spawn, 1/100 for tier 6-7 spawn, and 1/50 for tier 8-9 spawn. The harder it is to encounter the Pokemon in the first place, the easier it becomes to encounter it as special event form, which I think makes it balanced. A tier 8 spawn shouldn't have the same 1/200 chance as tier 1 spawn for event form considering it's already super RNG (or super costly, when repel trick is involved) to encounter the tier 8 spawn in the first place, it should have gotten a higher event form chance to balance it.

Edited by Starlight
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...

Hello, I want to report that in the James team Rocket quest, I can't continue the final part since I found the 3 bones for James's growlithe and it doesn't appear anywhere I've seen tutorials and everything and it's always in the same place but Growlithe message does not come out is approaching 

The context is that there are people who have the same problem. I've been trying since yesterday to get the growlithe message to come up on that ladder, and it's in another place. I'd like to know where it is exactly since I can't find solutions for this error. 

On 3/6/2021 at 9:57 PM, Shinohara said:

INTRODUCTION

As the Valentine event has been completely and entirely released, we would like to gather the feedback about this event.

The reason we do this is pretty much the fact that the community's opinion has a really high value and impact on the game itself, and therefore it is important to consider it in order to understand if we are on the correct path in terms of what we are releasing.

Feedback also help us to understand if what we release is liked, if it could have been better (and how) and in general to allow us to fix any potential error and keep improving the game doing even better.

We would like also to clarify that the the Valentine Event is designed to be smaller than Christmas as Xmas is one of the games major events so a comparison between the two (for example for rewards but not only) would be unfair and wrong.

VALENTINE'S DAY EVENT FEEDBACK

In this specific case, we would like to hear your opinion on the following topics:

• Enjoyment 
  • Quest Difficulty
  • Story/Lore perspective
  • Effort/Reward Ratio

We are aware that not all of you will be able to comment those for various reasons (e.g people speedrunning), however we will really appreciate if you can give your productive feedback on as many of them as you can in the most accurate way possible.

FEEDBACK EXAMPLES

PRODUCTIVE FEEDBACK: I didn't enjoy the Valentine's Day quest because there are several waiting times, especially during part 1 for the wedding, and during part 2 when you have to wait for Salamence. I feel like these waiting times are not necessarily justified and useful.

NON-PRODUCTIVE FEEDBACK: The event sucks cause, just do better next time.

Edited by AndresPA019
I can't delete the video the download failed

32 minutes ago, AndresPA019 said:

Hello, I want to report that in the James team Rocket quest, I can't continue the final part since I found the 3 bones for James's growlithe and it doesn't appear anywhere I've seen tutorials and everything and it's always in the same place but Growlithe message does not come out is approaching 

The context is that there are people who have the same problem. I've been trying since yesterday to get the growlithe message to come up on that ladder, and it's in another place. I'd like to know where it is exactly since I can't find solutions for this error. 

Just looking more cerefull, you can see growlithe tail or head behind tree or somthing. Massage will show up when u found and click growlithe.

• Enjoyment 8/10 better then xmas event for me. 
  • Quest Difficulty 7/10 since its solo quest, all quest from clefable to chess game is pretty easy. Xmas dungeon more chalenging and frustating 
  • Story/Lore perspective 7/10 nice
  • Effort/Reward Ratio 9/10 rewarding player with event form is very nice, both clefable and ralts, way better then previous event. Still hoipng other legend or form legendarytho 🙂
  • Over all i guess this event is is 8/10

Edited by Lyn1311
  • Like 1

___________________________________________________________________________________

image.jpeg.e982d2b7e278b3b1d88369a70572e0d1.jpeg

___________________________________________________________________________________