out of battle effects

Rhev

there are some abilities they make some pokes important on poke world. for example pickup, suction cups, magnet pull, intimidate, illuminate, etc. in dex they have explanation about its out of battle effects. that kind of out battle effects explanations should be removed if we cant gonna use them, which i dont want, or that effects should be added but needs some modifications.

like pickup gonna be broken and people gonna start farming with it, so stats can be lowered for all out of battle effects to make them balanced. 

if they be added, game gonna have great one more side to play on. 

sorry for bad English. 

I agree that it may in some cases confuse the average player when displaying information about the "out-of-battle" effects from moves (i.e HM Fly) or abilities (i.e Intimidate).

When those effects are intentionally disabled or not coded on PRO to make the game more challenging.

However, adding many of them would in a way break the flow of the game.

Basically the same reason they intentionally decided not to include EXP share item in the game.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

-1, imo, out of battle effects would make the game much easier for farming certain things, and also i don't think would prove that useful. for example:

- intimidate, you don't really need lower level pokemon as is, so it won't do much, it just means more training later on.

- Suction cups, fishing isn't good in the game so again, wouldn't do much.

- Arena trap/illuminate/magnet pull/no guard, would just make hunting to easy

- teleport, nullifies escape ropes

- compound eyes/pickup, are used for items, which would make item farming so much easier

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

12 hours ago, g3n3r4l said:

- Suction cups, fishing isn't good in the game so again, wouldn't do much.

Suction Cups/Sticky Hold's out of battle effect is kinda what we need to make fishing in this game better, though. Fishing is not good exactly because "no bite" happens far too often to the point where it's ridiculous that fishing still exist in the game, it might as well be removed, and should have been removed months ago considering how useless it is.

Honestly, fishing in this game, as a whole, really needs to be either removed or get a major overhaul, something more than just "let's enable Suction Cups/Sticky Hold's out of battle effect".

I agree with -1 on other out of battle effects though. Most of them should have their description modified instead, with the out of battle effect removed from the description. But I'm not sure how to change Illuminate's description considering its out of battle effect is its only description lol. Perhaps new PRO exclusive in-battle effect should be added for Illuminate?

Pickup however, I'm kinda on the fence about it, the pickup table can be modified so that it doesn't pick up more valuable items like hyper potions, stones, nuggets, rare candies, and ultra balls at a moderately high rate, it could be made into a very low rate to pick up just regular potions/poke balls and oran berries, and only after a battle. But I'm not sure how much it would affect economy.

Edited by Starlight
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 1:07 PM, Starlight said:

Suction Cups/Sticky Hold's out of battle effect is kinda what we need to make fishing in this game better, though. Fishing is not good exactly because "no bite" happens far too often to the point where it's ridiculous that fishing still exist in the game, it might as well be removed, and should have been removed months ago considering how useless it is.

Honestly, fishing in this game, as a whole, really needs to be either removed or get a major overhaul, something more than just "let's enable Suction Cups/Sticky Hold's out of battle effect".

I agree with -1 on other out of battle effects though. Most of them should have their description modified instead, with the out of battle effect removed from the description. But I'm not sure how to change Illuminate's description considering its out of battle effect is its only description lol. Perhaps new PRO exclusive in-battle effect should be added for Illuminate?

Pickup however, I'm kinda on the fence about it, the pickup table can be modified so that it doesn't pick up more valuable items like hyper potions, stones, nuggets, rare candies, and ultra balls at a moderately high rate, it could be made into a very low rate to pick up just regular potions/poke balls and oran berries, and only after a battle. But I'm not sure how much it would affect economy.

i agree with all u said, but i want to say, we already not gonna use that abilities on first slot cauz of syncing, but they made for that cause, we can get more pokes but cant sync them, even with repels on events maybe but without syncing. 

pickup is really good to use, and i want it in, and stats really need to be lowered, so some people can farm it, leave their time to farm items, not pokes.

for example nugget has chance %5 chance with 100 lvl pickup poke leading, it can be lowered to 1, all rates can be lowered by 1/5. 

i think we need these abilities in wild