A Reason to Smile : Banned Mawile

G3n3r4l

21 minutes ago, finnderboss said:

BIG -1! Stallers cry now go use normal pokes then u got nothing to cry lol and use ur energy to write this kind of stuff about real unfair pokes like rotom wash tornadus t lando t and chansey who are way more threatening than some 200 speed sweeper. u could write a lot more stuff about them and who is the only normal poke than can compete with 400 evs bosses? xd chansey yea but heyy just use taunt, dont cry about stall XD
oh noo a cool looking poke is strong now?!?!? bann it!!
and all these people who complain dont even play pvp only talk in posts with some theory calcs than can be done with any OU poke
i barely even use OU pokes and never tanks and i never had a problem with mawile killing lol even ru pokes like arcanine can wall anything he makes xd cant believe ppl even dare to complain about it, they using same team for 3 years but now complain cuz they might have to switch 1-2 pokes to deal with mawile.
if people really complain about his high attack stat why not complain about chanseys hp? wake up dude
-1 again

Finn on fire

-1 cause finn said. 😂

-1. Sad that it'll be implemented in next season. It was very good againat stall.

However, in the other side, it lacked the coverage and the speed to be considered "broken". I hope they unban mawile soon, as well as greninja.

It's confirmed getting banned next season so im just here to leave my quick 2 cent review.

Anyhow after returning to pro with w3 i decided to pick a mega with a easy/short megastone quest (being top tier poke helps) and play with it. Happened to be mawile and for this season i played around 80ish game.
I just put togheter a fairly simple team with the seemingly "op" core of spike ninja and m mawile that every1 hype up. Now after 80 game ish i find M mawile quite good... i mean defintly its a mega that will always be relevant no mater what matchup i found myself in team-preview, which is something i cant say about every mega/poke.  
Now even tho it always was a threat/asset... was it easily activated/transit to profit? Actually mixed results. I could force it and atleast for the most time trade 1 for 1, sometimes even 2 for 1 if i get a set up turn previously. Against slower team and especially stall i found it quite easy to get up a +2, the only problem in this particular matchup was that i needed rocks up to break sturdy from skarmory, rocks to dmg volca or kill it before. Now i found out the hard way that +2 firefang does 91-107% roll so if i get unlucky i get my [butt] blasted by that counter if skar survive the roll, but for the most part if played correcly stall is smooth sailing for mawile. Now the interesting part was everything balance and faster. Here is were i think mawile, especially +2 mawile is very overhyperd. I give a quick list of popular meta poke ontop of my head: gliscor,rotom-wash,tyranitar,garchomp,zapdos,lando,tornadus,heatran,greninja,keldeo,excadrill, and pretty much every other mega. They all straight up either 2hit ko you or one shot ur [butt]. And most balance have 3-4 of these mons built in automatically. Sure if you are +2 or even neutral most of them get blasted trying to switch in into you, but if they are already in and u send out mawile u can bet they will click a atk move and either trade kill with u or straight up kill mawile. Few notable meta mon such as ferrothorn,chansey,clefable you can pretty safely come in on, do note clefable can click t-wave or flammethrower. But even then most of the previous mentioned mons can come in and force u out. Now dont get me wrong, there are windows where u can find that sweet spot to get it in and either claim and free kill or set up to sweep a weakened team. Its just that out of the games i played, against above decent players with none-story team,it can be hard, it can be a challenge just to even make mawile do anything in some games. You see a classic sand team of: char y, tyranitar,excadrill,tangrowth,rotom-wash,gliscor and you are like wtf is this.. Another classic example is: rotomwash,heatran, M Lop,tornadus,clef, landorus.. well you beter hope that clef dosnt carry t-wave or flammethrower XD. So yeah just paint in ur head what most balance team are made of and which mon you think you can freely slam down a mawile and set up on his face.

Anyway i dont really want to comment on the ban itself, just want to leave a mark on my brief adventure with a mon who was never used before, won the lottery for 3 weeks, then lost it all to IRS and got sent to prison for life.

Edited by EvilProtagonist