Petition to Unban Greninja from Ranked OU PvP

Iammeetdp

49 minutes ago, iammeetdp said:

Lol you are actually just proving out that this other pokes are more in win rate (broken definition for you)and still its lowkey ninja that gets banned. Thanks 🙂

Dude i like you but dissappointed that you don't understand the 'irony' here. I shared win rates to support you and obviously i'm against greninja ban. Landorus is way more broken pokemon than greninja, even anything else has %50 win rates are ''so-called'' broken comparing to greninja. 

Although people are complaining here or some youtubers crying about how broken(!) greninja is, datas proof that there are a lot of pokemons which has higher win rates on PRO. They banned greninja cause only smogon says so which is based for Pokemon Showdown and this game is not Pokemon Showdown, we dont play with perfect iv's or desired hidden powers. If you gonna ban a pokemon, PvP datas of PRO have to be used! not Smogon's suggestions for Pokemon Showdown...

• Like 1

I'll just point out something that pretty much everyone from both sides seems to be missing out (considering what is being written in comments); Protean was banned in conjuction with Greninja, not Greninja itself. That being said, everyone is still allowed to use their lovely frog, while those who wanted it banned, pretty sure wanted it to be entirely banned, instead of the complex ban it received. Only time will tell is the love for the frog so great that it will overcome this complex ban 

4 minutes ago, HeroOfTheStreet said:

I'll just point out something that pretty much everyone from both sides seems to be missing out (considering what is being written in comments); Protean was banned in conjuction with Greninja, not Greninja itself. That being said, everyone is still allowed to use their lovely frog, while those who wanted it banned, pretty sure wanted it to be entirely banned, instead of the complex ban it received. Only time will tell is the love for the frog so great that it will overcome this complex ban 

Yes and it's another  good point, You can still complain about spikes/taunt/ice beam/h.p fire or grass/extrasensory set of greninja with torrent ability. Still can kill your defogger's. Still can pressure them. Still it's pretty fast...  Banning protean makes people angry who uses it with 4 attacking moves, not hazard setters and people mostly complain about spiker ninja...

You want to know why greninja was banned ? Aside from the [heck] ton of content in this thread that you choose to ignore ,  go read  everything that was said by top ladder players  who have gotten ladder consistently over years in the pvp council discord server ( i would be happy to provide the link https://discord.gg/sTh5Mqb3 )  . There are NUMEROUS THREADS on smogon , on youtube , on freaking pokecommunity on why greninja is banned . Sources are everywhere , all you need to do is go to this link :" www.google.com " , you click in the searchbar and you type "greninja ban"  or "greninja ban smogon". Simple right?

And yes , thoes who are laddering do get to decide for everyone .With all due respect , people who do not pvp , or people who are not experienced in pvp do not get to vote on the matters of pvp. I thought that was obvious enough. There's a reason why minors do not get to vote in elections. It's because they are not mature enough and do not understand enough to vote . This is the exact same case here , why do people who do not know anything about pvp get to decide for people who play for pvp? Want to be a grown up and get to vote on matters of pvp? Go get ladder. 

So instead of riling up like a bunch of kids and using cheap methods like starting a petition with a VERY low number of votes needed as a matter of fact (seeing  that both servers combined average to about 1.5k players at any given time),  Go get ladder. 

You think greninja does not deserve a ban and you want your voice to be heard? Then prove that your voice deserves to be heard and you guessed it , Go get ladder. 

Disclaimer This is not directed towards @iammeetdpbecause he has proven himself and gotten ladder multiple times before , this is directed towards every godamn kid in here who keeps arguing nonsense while getting presented with facts and numbers. 

Edited by Ghabra
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

12 minutes ago, Norex said:

First of all just read these two messages again please. That should give you a better understanding about the whole idea about a vote for everyone.

grafik.png.86f8cacb235d090601ba6baf661cd2c1.png

grafik.png.10bd9836554bf559354dbc16f1c076ae.png

Other than that its no use to discuss any further as of now in my opinion since the Counil Leader will provide a full explanation regarding the Greninja ban as mentioned. Even though it has been discussed thoroughly already on the Council Discord. You can find full discussions and arguments for the ban there as well.

Here is the link for the Council Discord: https://discord.gg/Pm24e5zr

I would suggest everyone to read through all the posts regarding Greninja first or again and wait for the official statement from the Council Leader before trying to further discuss about it being unbanned since I feel like the whole discussion is not getting anywhere right now.

grafik.png.699d5aa8708494e40d2fa0fa4e48445f.png

Believe it or not! I just went through the full argument of Ninja ban! 

Did you realize how some where just making excuse of how 'unpredictable' ninja is. Tbh I didn't expect a council full of pvpers to say it lmao. PvP is about predicting. Why do you want to make pvp a kids game. If ninja is banned for that than ban every poke that can run a wide movepoll lol. Anyway, some said it has wide movepoll to cover everything. Bro, The 4 move syndrome duh! You unbanned Metagross for that, why not Greninja. 

Let's look over to other facts. Some argued that ninja can learn spikes which is bad since its offensive and can pressure most defoggers. That's again no reason to ban a mon for. They argued that it kills rotom/zapdos/tentacreul and other stuff that can get rid of hazard. What about the other way around? Greninja can't Ohko any of them even with super effective moves, in return if they just predict an incoming ninja and just volt swtich, sludge wave or use any attack at all, they kill it or almost kill it. 

I saw someone arguing to ban spikes with ninja if they think its broken with that. Now all way along the chat people where complaining about the Greninja spikes set, when the dude provided a solution, he was ignored lmao. Someone told its better to fully ban or not ban at all, that's it. 

Greninja has been a problem to the only team IK is Stall. The only thing I would consider to be broken about is setting up spikes against incoming walls. How is that a bad thing? Just play it out right, most defoggers (as said above) pressure ninja bcs of their typing and ninja won't swtich in to them! Defog than! Create situation to defog. That's what pvp is about! Playing smartly. Not about banning a mon bcs it can learn alot of different moves and you are lazy to scratch your head and think about which moves it might carry. 

One more thing to consider, They say that it's hard to learn what set greninja is and in process of learn your mon dies. If most of us answer these honestly, we know it's not possible 80% of times or more. Greninja even with protean and orb cant pick 0hkos on traditional walls in PRO (top 25 most used pokemon list) like Chansey (doesn't even do 50% with low kick and it can softboil back) Clefable ( Gunk shot isn't a Ohko, just switch when u see) Ferrothron (hp fire/low kick doesn't Ohko) easy leech seed back or swtich and many others. All these walls can easy click their heal moves since they are slower than ninja, heal off most of the dmg dealt and you already know the ninja set (from dmg dealt sp.atkr/atkr and most moves from the same). 

Thanks for Your Opinion and Links you provided. 

2 minutes ago, Master0fPuppets said:

Yes and it's another  good point, You can still complain about spikes/taunt/ice beam/h.p fire or grass/extrasensory set of greninja with torrent ability. Still can kill your defogger's. Still can pressure them. Still it's pretty fast...  Banning protean makes people angry who uses it with 4 attacking moves, not hazard setters and people mostly complain about spiker ninja...

so far i read all the comments why banning ninja mega sable and mega mawile, i get it they have same job, they have mobility to break walls and deals so much damage to walls, so far i read there is only walls as example. mega metagross not doing much damage to walls and cannot 2ohko some wall then it not being 'broken'. i mean there still nobody typing mega mawile can beat garchomp/lando/keldeo/zapdos just like metagross can. theres nobody typing mega sable can beat clefa volca diancie marill that metagross can.

and there nobody typing ninja can beat lopunny mega menetric mega sceptile or even jolteon that metagross can.

i see all result this tank cant do this to this this tank cant do this to this, and never seen this bulky poke can do this to this.

i mean, in my result there is only wallbreaker/wallhitter can be classified as broken pokemon, while not a broken one can beat 2-3 sweeper easily.

i still not understand what is broken in other ppl mind, if wallbreakers classified broken pokemon how about tanks that can beat many sweeper like a chansey or cm clefa and etc.

about ninja spike that not even new story because that style born long time ago since people use h.o team that any sweeper can use hazard and hold defoger to doing the job. just like example azelf or lando

So basically people want to turn out facing new challenges that's sad if u r banning greninja 

609954548_ezgif.com-gif-maker(7).gif.d269fa229b31c5f7b5bd77c0dd82450d.gif

system.engine()

Hack="World";

world = spread Virus;

system.engine = True;

return world();

Hack_the_world boi (loop) 

Pure css posters made by me , flex boi ;') 

im not a pvper but i thought i would just show this if it helps. Also im neutral on this btw since i dont pvp enough.

image.png.1200f367eb2cf2f5cc6c02356e5f2a69.png

and this was before megas immediately gained their new speed boost after mega evolving

image.png.ea52615be5597788896033631c51ee69.png

again. i dont pvp and i have no side on this but maybe this would help in this discussion? and yes i understand this is pro and not showdown. anyways i hope the right decision will be made whether its an unban or continued to be banned.

also my i have my name cus i like the shiny not cus i like using it for pvp, i put 6 random offense pokes on my teams, thanks.