Freedom of speech in battle chat

Kboww

my suggestion is to lighten up on the rules in battle chat and let people rage there a bit, alot of people get muted directly from things in battle chat and im sure everyone knows pvp brings frustration always so some people just cant help but express themselves. If you make battle chat an optional chat and make it so people have to join the chat themselves instead of it already being there it will keep alot of the sensitive people out. im sure people wont like this idea but battling and war is all about violence so i dont see why the chat cant be a warzone too yaknow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Checked/Done 2
Untitled-05-09-2022-12-43-05-2.png.79a929dd72157cb9683de4c02e781e4f.pnghxjr2a.png

4 minutes ago, sgarac said:

This doesnt have to mean that people can spam obscenities. However, people should be given a chance to vent in some unconventional ways. Its relaxing

yeah thats what i meant mostly i didnt mean for people to go around saying "f you" ect. ect.

Untitled-05-09-2022-12-43-05-2.png.79a929dd72157cb9683de4c02e781e4f.pnghxjr2a.png

55 minutes ago, Kboww said:

yeah thats what i meant mostly i didnt mean for people to go around saying "f you" ect. ect.

It would actually make more sense to let them argue with each other, without punishing either of the sides. That's not what you suggested tho. I definitely don't want to encourage more crybabies in Battle Chat, so I'll have to disagree with this suggestion

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Kboww said:

my suggestion is to lighten up on the rules in battle chat and let people rage there a bit, alot of people get muted directly from things in battle chat and im sure everyone knows pvp brings frustration always so some people just cant help but express themselves. If you make battle chat an optional chat and make it so people have to join the chat themselves instead of it already being there it will keep alot of the sensitive people out. im sure people wont like this idea but battling and war is all about violence so i dont see why the chat cant be a warzone too yaknow. 

I don’t think allowing players to vent out their anger is a good thing in battle chat, or any chat to be honest. The game follows strict rules and has a Punishment Policy that affects all the chats. I do agree on the fact that PvP causes rage, I did pvp myself so I can definitely agree, but PvP rage can be very, very toxic. Mods follow the rules/policy given to them, if they interpret it offending, they will punish. 

Spoiler
9 hours ago, DRDoctor said:

Some people's punishments that they received via battle Chat is way too harsh for the crime. 

Mods follow a punishment policy as guidance, if (like I mentioned before) interpret it as offending, they will punish. (Lots of them aren’t angels either, as in the players) 🙂 

Spoiler
9 hours ago, sgarac said:

This doesnt have to mean that people can spam obscenities. However, people should be given a chance to vent in some unconventional ways. Its relaxing

Like I said, I understand that PvP causes  anger, but venting it out in a PUBLIC chat isn’t an ideal way of doing that. The rules apply to everyone and exception shouldn’t really be made. 

Spoiler
9 hours ago, idkup said:

flaming people isn't a healthy way to vent

go outside

:]

I mean, he’s right though 🥲

Spoiler
8 hours ago, HeroOfTheStreet said:

It would actually make more sense to let them argue with each other, without punishing either of the sides. That's not what you suggested tho. I definitely don't want to encourage more crybabies in Battle Chat, so I'll have to disagree with this suggestion

It would make more sense for them to argue, but let’s be honest. You just lost your pvp game to a FlinchHaxer, a RNG-god, you missed 90% of your moves. 

After such things I don’t think that it’ll just stay with arguing, let’s be honest? 

Hope I cleared up some stuff, I do hope that someone from the Mod-Team joins and leaves an opinion aswell! 

Edited by Ozai
  • Like 1
Ozai_Banner__Umbreon.gif

32 minutes ago, Ozai said:

It would make more sense for them to argue, but let’s be honest. You just lost your pvp game to a FlinchHaxer, a RNG-god, you missed 90% of your moves. 

After such things I don’t think that it’ll just stay with arguing, let’s be 

As the title of his thread is "Freedom of speech in battle chat", by what I said, I was referring to that it would actually make more sense to let them argue without any consequences, than to let them just vent off. It's either absolute freedom of speech without any punishment coming afterwards or the way it is right now. No middle. I agree with you tho and I definitely think it should remain the way it is 

Edited by HeroOfTheStreet
  • Like 1