Pokemon league suggestion

Bash

Yes  

12 members have voted

1. 1. good?

• Better than summer tour
    • Not better than summer tour

Since those Summer tournaments suck in such a way, that they need years to finish and have many many competitors while you dont have that many games for the duration of the tour, it would be cooler to have Pokemon leagues instead imo. Like in popular sports.

For example 18 ppl in 1 league, 1 match a week, 2 times everyone against everyone. As many leagues as it makes sense.

More games for everyone, maybe a bit more fair since all matches have a value and the time generally would be the same or even less.

What u think?

Edited by Bash
ok

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

I have voted no as I think this will be really hard to realise with time zone difference and putting so many games together. 

I feel like people will sign up lose motivation and then one league drops to 10- people and the whole thing is ruined.

Maybe this could be a thing instead of monthly ladder tournament? It could be everyone has to play everyone but they can only bring 5/6/7 teams to the whole season. 

20 hours ago, CapriFame said:

I have voted no as I think this will be really hard to realise with time zone difference and putting so many games together. 

I feel like people will sign up lose motivation and then one league drops to 10- people and the whole thing is ruined.

Maybe this could be a thing instead of monthly ladder tournament? It could be everyone has to play everyone but they can only bring 5/6/7 teams to the whole season. 

But the time zone stuff is the same with the current summer tour, there would be no difference.
As for ppl losing motivation, maybe. But you have many chances to get a high position and a good reward. Since I want it to replace the summer tour which has huge rewards. When you lose motivation there, you do it everywhere.

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

Make it so you have to pay an entry fee, let's say 100k, and the entry fee will go towards the prize pool at the end. If people lose motivation and don't play their games, then that's on them. There's also the option of dropping out and having subs available.

Also, instead of having tons of people grouped up in a single bracket, have multiple groups of 16/18 people. This will help hasten the weeks overall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 2:43 PM, Eaty said:

Hello, I don't really understand the suggestion. You want weekly or monthly tournaments in stil of the group stage in football where the one with the most wins win?

Hello, thanks for the response.
No, I thought more of a Summer tour replacement - so, more like once a year.
Also I dont mean to have infinite leagues, just like 3 or 4 maybe, but that and other stuff can be thought of if there is general interest.

Edited by Bash

Picture

TP4L

• Developer
3 hours ago, Bash said:

Hello, thanks for the response.
No, I thought more of a Summer tour replacement - so, more like once a year.
Also I dont mean to have infinite leagues, just like 3 or 4 maybe, but that and other stuff can be thought of if there is general interest.

And what'd be the difference to the summer tournament? That it'd be more than one to get faster tournies due to less matches?

6 hours ago, Eaty said:

And what'd be the difference to the summer tournament? That it'd be more than one to get faster tournies due to less matches?

The summer tournament needs a very long time to finish + if you are unlucky you dont even play many games.

A league also needs a long time to finish but generally the most skillful player has higher chances to win (compared to a tournament; as you have more games per person) while the less skillful players have many chances to learn.

Main point is: its more fair/not so random, as it maybe should be for the biggest event in pro. We already have those ladder tours in a tournament format as well.
Only tweek I can think of is how you distribute rewards and how many leagues you actually want to have. It works better if you dont have to many leagues.

Picture

TP4L