[Event Form Feedback] _ Community Art Announcement

Poochyena

Quiz: Who's that Pokemon? Go name the original Kanto region Pocket Monsters  | HeraldScotland

________________________________________________________________________________________
Community Art Announcement:

(Suggestions for the Spooky Month)
Start Date: 7/17/2022 - End Date: 9/31/2022.

With the recent announcement regarding the  Pokémon event form competition  on the PRO discord I am excited to say there will be community created forms that will appear in the next Halloween update! While we are excited to share the new additions that have been picked from the event we want to hear more from the community in general regarding new forms. 

Event forms play a strong role during the Holidays for PRO ,and this Halloween is slated to have many new ,and interesting event
Pokémon ,and in this post you have the potential to shape or choose some of it! If you've ever felt that one special Pokémon
 in your heart might be missing a little love from myself ,and a few of the fellow artists this is your chance to share your thoughts in regards of what you really want to see in the next upcoming event! 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What's this post about? 

Community feedback ,and event forms. This post is your chance to share what Pokémon you think should have an event form that may have been overlooked. Or if you have any ideas personally of what kind of event forms you may want to see you can share them here. We want the community to be able to make suggestions for the up-coming event ,and share some of there thoughts ,and ideas. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How do I suggest a Pokémon? 

It's pretty easy! All you have to do is reply in the thread about a Pokémon you want to see have an event form with as much detail ,and reasoning or as little detail as you want.

If you believe there should be a cool looking Dunsparce with ethereal wings ,and flying through the air or a Vanillish that just looks like a candy corn feel free to share your thoughts regarding it. 

Or if you feel like your not the creative type ,but would still like to see Clampearl get a form because you feel like it's the best Pokémon in the world ,and it needs a form because you believe it's a form the community would really enjoy.. share it!  

All suggestions are good suggestions. There are no bad Pokémon. 

Below are a few examples  to show a difference in detail for suggestions. Both help us gather more feedback in regards to what Pokémon players want to see so there is no wrong answer!
 We are very excited to hear from the community ,and see what kind of Pokémon they would like to see have a form! 

Examples:

Less Detailed:

1) Rotom needs an event form because it's used often in PvP.
2) Oddish Team is the best Team. We deserve an Oddish form!
3) Why are there no Meowth forms? Meowth could be a really fun thing to hunt for the event! Make more meowth forms.

More Detailed:

2)  Metagross needs a Halloween form as it would match the Halloween theme well. It's a widely used Pokémon ,and having a form to hunt for during the event would seem like a good addition. In general we should have a form for each of the Pokémon that can mega-evolve ,and I think it is one of the more popular choices that should be first in line for a new form.  I have also had a few thoughts about a cool form for Metagross for a while now. Perhaps add some  spikes of different metals to the back ,and change the color in the front to give it a crystal like appearance. You should also consider the cross guard for the face ,and perhaps put a skull like pattern for the instead. It's really a great Pokémon ,and it's a shame we don't have a form for it yet ,and I hope with this suggestion we could see one in the next coming event!  

Feel free to give some of the ideas that you like while going through the forum a Like  image.png.6408215b365659452f5b603a0aee7cab.png or heart. 

Is there anything that would make a form more likely picked? 

In short the answer is yes. Pokémon that do not have forms currently are more of a priority to look into. This does not mean that Pokémon that have forms already will not appear in the Halloween event. It just means we are looking to give more Pokémon a chance at receiving a form. 

Community interest ,and tier variety may also increase the chance of the Pokémon receiving a form as well. 

Rules:

1) Please keep your suggestion to one post on this thread. If you wish to change or add to your suggestion I would recommend using the edit function. You can always show your approval to a post by reacting to it. 

2) Please follow the guidelines for the forums while posting.
https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/84852-forum-rules/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With that being said I cannot wait to see the community's suggestions ,and thoughts!

-Poochyena

• Like 10

In my opinion, giratina is a pokemon that deserves to receive a form and be on halloween, as much as we can't use it in pvp, it's the face of halloween, it's a dark pokemon that is always in the shadows, its wings must be exchanged for bones in the original form, something similar to what was done with garchomp, his face in a darker tone characterizing halloween, in addition to his body being darker in both forms.

Edited by Ryuusenka
  • Like 7

Untitled-05-13-2022-05-22-45.png.fdc829391608108195b5c4f87c77042f.png

Magikarp, Gyarados and its Mega form.

They are all 3 evolutions that has yet to acquire any event form, with the exception of its pink counterpart (which is not really a form tbr).

And while on the topic of matching Halloween, its Mega form have the Dark type and looks ominous and fishy as is. As for any ideas about its looks, suggestive traits etc, no idea, I'll leave that part up to the actual artists with a creative mind.

Edited by Desumi
  • Like 8

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

hello, I would like to start by congratulating you @Poochyena for this idea which is for me something really important for a community game like pro and I thanks you for that.

So I will start by suggesting hawlucha.

Why hawlucha ? First of all its one of the emblematic pokemon of ash ketchum in the anime which made him one of the most appreciated pokemon of the 6th generation.

Its  also a very good pokemon pvp and even more in the future with tapu abilities (terrain),

it's a pokemon rather well apreciated by the whole pro community and the pokemon still does not have any event form except the pink one. 

I participated in the last contest and I wanted to work on this pokemon because it is part of my favorite pokemon at the beginning I was looking for ideas that could correspond to an event on pro I ended up going towards a Halloween skin inspired by batman to keep the theme of the pokemon around his costume 
and as for the sw skins (dark vader yoda and grivious) I found that batman was really something that fit well with hawlucha 

Hawlucha-Batman.png.a80ddc718a8915243386a4f5a2fa0929.png

and considering the reactions I received on the forum or on discord I'm quite proud to say that I got a lot of very good feedback on him

image.png.1b309b5f29925f3b0dad4e6de4980cdf.png

thanks for reading me :PikaLurk:

Edited by Pinklax
  • Like 47

The Pinklax Shop

Halloween Alakazam

- I'm quite surprised that Kazam doesn't have a single event form yet knowing that it has a Mega Evolution, often used in PVP OU format, and our usual Sync Pokemon. I'm not saying that we prioritize only those relevant in the game but I'm pretty sure that most of us here are excited and love to see its new form, therefore my idea of mine is, instead of floating spoon that Kazam used to telekinesis, a floating dark orb would be way cooler to add in Halloween Theme. It's like Kazam turned or crossed the boundaries of into the "Dark Side".

• Like 5

Untitled_05-31-2022_12-01-07_2.png.b0206a71b8f00a4946f0e5bd1b5adf38.png

The pokemon that everyone really wants but nobody says it

you struggle in the story? no problem he, got you coverd!

you need some utility in your team? no problem, He got you coverd!

you need a special attacker? no problem, he got you coverd!

you need a PHYSCIAL attacker? no problem, he got you coverd

you need a tanky mon? no problem, he got you coverd

you need a fast mon with some hard hitting moves? no problem, he got you coverd

you strugggle against serperior or other annoying substitute user? no problem, he got you coverd!

you love to annoy chansey and skarmory? no problem, he got you coverd

Im not talking about Kommo-o im talking about the real GOAT or in this case bat, Crobat

not only is this pokemon fitting for halloween but as you just saw Crobat can be ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!

Santa Claus Crobat? HE GOT YOU COVERD

Amos Bow Crobat? HE GOT YOU COVERD

Life Guard Crobat?? HE GOT YOU COVERD

BallonBat? HE GOT YOU COVERD

ChocoBat? you get the point.

there is no limit of what Crobat is capable off. he deserves a form, because he is just the best.

Edited by Flexforlife
added a questionmark.
  • Like 8

From a pvp standpoint I think gliscor + excadrill deserves forms due to them being great for generations in pvp and generally flexible on teams. It would provide more motivation to hunt these for building teams as well as getting the chance of the rare event form.

From a personal bias view I think solosis, shellos, deino, pinsir, venipede, shroomish and aron deserve event forms as i believe all of these pokes are not hunted alot due to there being generally better options in pvp but are still good nevertheless. I think giving these pokemon event forms would motivate people to hunt these underrated pokes.

• Like 6

I really hope to see some of the rare high tier Pokémon that are otherwise unhuntable get event forms. Pokemon such as Rotom, Rockruff, and Beldum can really fit the criteria for Halloween forms. 

Even so, that doesn't mean common Pokémon shouldn't deserve some love. I believe common forms are what drive people to hunt consistently. There are many favorite common Pokémon but so far none of them have ANY forms so far which begs the questions: why and when? Pokemon such as Pidgey, Zubat, Ekans, Onix, Sunkern, Girafarig, Zigzagoon and many many more. Heck it took us until THIS summer event to get a rattata form

Gen 5 and 6 Pokemon are rare and not seen a lot in the wild so giving them event forms will make them more widespread in the community and increase the shiny caught count. 

I personally would love to see Roggenrola, Drillbur, Venipede, Golett and Solosis forms get released soon.

As to my personal preference and my most favorite Pokémon of all time that I WISH I can see get an event form: Zorua

I know that talking about Zorua itself is almost taboo in PRO since its one of the, if not THE, rarest shinies in the game and giving it an event form could reduce its value drastically. But I feel that there are many elements that can be removed/added to prevent that such as shiny locking Zorua in any other area except Mirage Island which would retain its value.

Edited by JadeAsh
  • Like 4