NPC/Script errors

Red

all nidorina NPC at HideRocket is male...

nidorina is Female not male thx

What do you mean by that?

all REMOVED nidorina is male in Rocket Hideout

nidorina si female right not male

Please report that in general bugs. That is nothing related with scripting from the looks. thanks

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fierheart

The dialog with the Rival is bugged after we loose the fight with him. In the screenshot below, Jackson talks as if he is the one who lost the battle instead of me.

ApBrqQo.png

When walking towards NPCs while they're moving, you end up being on top of them. This happens with the random Pokemon roaming around; I'm assuming this is because they're coded as regular NPCs with Pokemon models.

In the image below, you can see that I'm on top of the Biker NPC in Viridian City.

G5mgqwy.png

The dialog with the Rival is bugged after we loose the fight with him. In the screenshot below, Jackson talks as if he is the one who lost the battle instead of me.

I believe this happens when you lose to Jackson in Viridian City as well.

Guest Fierheart
When walking towards NPCs while they're moving, you end up being on top of them. This happens with the random Pokemon roaming around; I'm assuming this is because they're coded as regular NPCs with Pokemon models.

In the image below, you can see that I'm on top of the Biker NPC in Viridian City.

G5mgqwy.png

I believe this happens when you lose to Jackson in Viridian City as well.

The moving through NPCs is intentional as far as I know. It allows you to move freely, without being stuck behind moving NPCs. It only happens when you and the NPC move at the same time. If you're stationary, the NPC won't be able to move past you and vice versa.

I'll go check them Rival dialog now. Thanks for the tip :Grin:

1. Minor grammar error:

Remove the letter "s" from starts and ends. It should read, "Origin Forest - Where trainers start and end their Pokemon adventure."

This is the first "dialogue/sign" interaction the player can have, so you don't want it to be grammatically inaccurate.

Ik88fZw.png

2.Staircase Position Problem:

Whenever a Player uses a staircase, they are always transported to the next map in the same position as they entered the stair case. Basically, if you walk UP a flight of stairs, you're looking DOWN the stairs on the next map since most staircases are oriented that way. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter, but it's something I notice as much as any other graphical bugs because it can be fixed.

g3OYv9U.png

QqtSipq.png

If y'all are interested in fixing this, I'll compile a list of all the locations with stairs.

3. Player is oriented the wrong way after the auto-walk from Oak's lab.

I believe this is similar to the Staircase Position Problem because the auto-walk is activated when you move DOWN to exit Oak's Lab. When the player enters the player's home, he/she is facing DOWN.

Jx8M9wK.png

4. These tiles push the player back a space.

I believe this was implemented recently in order to force players to interact with the Eevee. These tiles CONTINUE to push the player back after fighting Jackson, so you might want to look into them. Also, the last image forces the player into this tree which they cannot escape. ;)

YPuN69h.png

zYvWsWF.png

BzjlAi2.png

5. Minor spelling error.

Received (i before e except after c) is the correct spelling.

WqyMQIX.png

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee