Shinohara

Should we implement this?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Should we implement this?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Administrator

We would like to ask your opinion about a potential new feature.

The feature would send a system messages (e.g. Fishing Contest), each time that a player encounters a shiny or very rare form.

What would be announced?

• Shiny →→ [ALL Rarities/Tiers] 
  • Shadow Pokemon →→ [ALL Rarities/Tiers] 
  • Event Pokemon →→ [Only Rare Tier)

The reasoning behind implementing such a feature would be to provide players with the impression that catching rare forms is not an insurmountable task, while also motivating them to actively hunt for these forms. It could offer an extra boost of instant gratification.

We are worried that players might be approached by profit sharks or feel pressured to sell their newly acquired Pokemon, and the amount of message could be perceived as excessive especially during events.

You could configure whether the system message displays your username or posts anonymously (hiding your username, default)

spacer.png

Additionally, you would have the option to turn off the system messages for yourself. 

If you have any other concerns, we would be grateful if you could share them with us in the thread below. Your feedback is important to us.

• Like 25

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

I see it being a really nice feature, and I would definitely want it in the game, but I'd say there would be problems regarding the player who found the Shiny / Rare form, they may get blasted with PMs if they found a High Tier shiny / form.

• Like 2
  • Checked/Done 1

Discord: mrrpiano
In-Game Username: BFGO

Just now, Bfgo said:

I see it being a really nice feature, and I would definitely want it in the game, but I'd say there would be problems regarding the player who found the Shiny / Rare form, they may get blasted with PMs if they found a High Tier shiny / form.

they can simply disable that feature if they don't want to be blasted

rsz_319773_10150791620493536_834158196_n.png.40f9aebd75eef3df662350d36648d35d.png

That will be very anoying xD either to finder because scamer spam nor other player because notif spam, great idea tho

• Checked/Done 1

___________________________________________________________________________________

image.jpeg.e982d2b7e278b3b1d88369a70572e0d1.jpeg

___________________________________________________________________________________

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bfgo said:

Hello there and thanks a lot for your feedback, we appreciate it.

In regards of your concern about possible harassment, we considered that and that's exactly why we would include an option/setting that would allow the user to hide their user name from announcements. In this way, no one would know who caught it and the user would have their privacy protected.

You could configure whether the system message displays your username or posts anonymously.

Wish you a wonderful day.
- Keita/Shinohara

• Like 1

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

If you have the option to disable it for your special encounters, I would like that feature.

Otherwise the amount of spam and scammers messages would be huge. So you can have the option if you want everyone to know you encountered something special or not.

• Like 1