Shinohara

Should we implement this?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Should we implement this?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Pinklax said:

it would be very fun if we dont see only the encounter sentence but if the pokemon is caught / killed / run 

xxxx killed a shiny charmander

Holy moly, that would be amazing! If this gets implemented, I would really hope to see a failed High tier shiny encounter. Very evil, and I love it.

Edited by Bfgo
added some more text.
  • Like 1

Discord: mrrpiano
In-Game Username: BFGO

30 minutes ago, Brainsforbrunch said:

-1 -- scammers would have a field day if they knew some newbie got a high tier shiny.. definitely should NOT be implemented. if it is implemented it should be turned "off" by default and only announce it if you activate the option manually, like "preview catch, stop repel prompt, etc".

otherwise, naa..

I also agree with you. It would be a great idea that its added to the game. But it should ONLY be implemented if its turned off by default settings same as the repel prompt. Otherwise it would be bad for people that dont want others to know they caught it but they didnt know it could be turned off. New players might  find rare shiny and it would always be shown cause they might not know that they could turn the message off.

+1 ONLY if its turned off by default settings but can be atictavted for those who want it to show. Same as repel prompt.  Otherwise big -1

Otherwise it would also create a big mess if every caught shiny is shown as a message. + it would be a "play" ground for scammers. Since as explained some players would mabye find a shiny rare in story and its show in all.  They would be harrassed or scammed Cause they didnt know they could turn it off in settings.

• Like 3

I like the idea, but I would suggest to limit the annoucement to the Guild chat, or have a setting to choose who gets notified (all, guild, friends, none)

When I post some forms or shinies I almost instantly get dms with terrible offers, new players without experience might get scammed really hard and miss out on millions.

For me its very important that the setting is either turned "off" for everyone, or turned to "friends" or "guild" before "all". I dont want new players who didnt activate this to run into this trap. 

I am voting no for now, but with necessary improvement and privacy settings its a yes from me aswell.

Edited by Caprifame
  • Like 1

Let's say a newbie finds a high tier shiny Charmander, even anonymously, people would just start posting on trade: "wtb shiny charmander 10m", and the new player potentially would fall for that scam. You probably think: "you can just hide the name of the pokemon" but then I think there is no point in actually showing that message. Just my thoughts

4 minutes ago, Caprifame said:

I like the idea, but I would suggest to limit the annoucement to the Guild chat, or have a setting to choose who gets notified (all, guild, friends, none)

When I post some forms or shinies I almost instantly get dms with terrible offers, new players without experience might get scammed really hard and miss out on millions.

For me its very important that the setting is either turned "off" for everyone, or turned to "friends" or "guild" before "all". I dont want new players who didnt activate this to run into this trap. 

I am voting no for now, but with necessary improvement and privacy settings its a yes from me aswell.

I agree with you. It a great idea that we can we can chose to whom its showed to ( friends non guild etc) this + that its auto disabaled when you download client but can be activated in settings only for those who want it  would make the implementation of way better for the community.

I voted "Yes", but I think you should limit the announcement to uncommon or rarer on Shiny pokemon. Rare-only for event forms seems appropriate, else it would be too spammy.

Displaying the username should 100% stay opt-in, maybe even make a notification window pop up when you enable it that warns about potential scams from shylocks eagle-eyeing these announcements.

+1
Well, this is a really nice feature to be implemented.
I also agree with you. That system message would be very motivative for the people hunting for forms.

But if a newbie found some high tier shiny Pokémon and it displays in the chat...  I'm pretty sure someone would scam him.
So I kind of prefer that  by default settings  the system message does not include the username in it. Unless the user goes to the settings and enable it.  

Edited by Chitti678