Disappointed

Thecubedcheese

I'm extremely disappointed with Pokemon Revolution Online. The game's matchmaking is despicable, and everyone seems to be using the same teams, which makes battles incredibly boring and repetitive. The lack of diversity and variety in team compositions makes the game feel like a chore to play. I think it would be helpful if the developers listened to player feedback and made changes to improve the game's balance and diversity. Trying out different game modes or formats might also help alleviate some of the monotony, but as it stands, I can't recommend this game to anyone looking for an enjoyable Pokemon experience.

• Like 1

Hmm. Well, I can't say I agree. Developers "do" listen to players feedback, and the game will be improved as time goes along. If you have a suggestion, put it in the right section of the forum. The idea of "everyone" using the same teams, again that's just a little extravagant IMO...can you expand on that?

Edited by Lacomus
  • Like 1

Discord: lacoisi

IGN: Lacomus

It is normal that people use the same teams over and over in Ranked PvP as you play to be at the top of the ladder, to get more rewards and be one of the best. It is also understandable since this is an MMO and people usually stick to one or two teams they always use to avoid having to farm another one, since PRO is obviously not as flexible as a simulator like Showdown. There is also no real incentive to play with weaker pokemon at all outside of you having fun and playing with your favourites. The active pvp playerbase is not enough for PRO to have additional lower tier ladders.

• Like 3

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

On 4/26/2023 at 9:37 AM, Thecubedcheese said:

I'm extremely disappointed with Pokemon Revolution Online. The game's matchmaking is despicable, and everyone seems to be using the same teams, which makes battles incredibly boring and repetitive. The lack of diversity and variety in team compositions makes the game feel like a chore to play. I think it would be helpful if the developers listened to player feedback and made changes to improve the game's balance and diversity. Trying out different game modes or formats might also help alleviate some of the monotony, but as it stands, I

can't recommend this game to anyone looking for an enjoyable Pokemon experience.

You dont see a problem with what you wrote?
If everyone seems to be using same teams, why dont you just make a counter team to that? its that simple, you will beat everyone because everyone uses same teams. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

To be honest i don't find the meta is that boring nor repetitive. The rare times i've seen the same team over and over i checked and all 6 or 7 accounts were in the same guild. So there is that too, people sharing teams with nubs in guild so that they have something to progress with (or maybe pvp on multiples accounts by one guy but that would be illegal).

If you just complain with the fact you see a lot of trick room, rain teams and stall then showdown is not any better...