Some feedback about the current exp system + suggestions

Callmerengod

First of all the most important question of them all - is the new exp system better than the old system? Yes it is.
With that being said there are a few really good parts about this new system/patch and a few parts that should be looked at again.

Let's start with the positive parts first: 
- the new system is really good for new players that are just starting the game and wanna enjoy pokemon like they know it from the OG pkmn games - by evolving their pkmn during the story  without getting punished for it. I for myself haven't played the new story (exp wise) yet but read from a few new players that the new system does feel really good and doesn't feel  punishing throughout the story
- the trainer tower is a really good addition to the game and makes leveling high lvl pkmn very easy for a small but fair fee
- the exp you are gaining from the trainer tower is perfect and makes leveling pkmn up to high levels very fast
- tanky pkmn are very easy to train with the new system and especially the trainer tower
- the exp share is a good addition and is especially good for story and ev training
- even tho i am not a big fan of the exp from catching pkmn mechanic i do think it's healthy for the game in it's current state
- the overall exp gain feels more like an actual pkmn game than it used to with the old system

Now let's talk about a few not directly negative parts but parts that definitely need a few small buffs/adjustments:
- the exp from wild battles does feel a bit too less after ~lvl60 and upwards
- some trainer tower teams need to be looked at/some pkmn & abilities/moves should be removed
- the trainer tower should be AN option to level high level pkmn but shouldn't be THE option for high level pkmn (which kinda goes hand in hand with the first "negative" point)
  since PRO is a MMO it makes sense that we train way more pkmn than we would ever train in an original pkmn game

Time to talk about the trainers tower and bring up some suggestions.
The trainer tower is a really nice idea as a whole. It helps leveling high level pkmn really well and fast. The fee is also very fair and now we even got a nurse joy added which makes the entire tower even better than it already was. However the tower still has a few flaws. 
In my opinion one of the biggest issues of the tower are some absurdly annoying abilities/moves like Sturdy, Cursed Body, Destiny Bond. Cursed body I could see staying but Sturdy and Destiny Bond really have to be removed.

Another big point is that pkmn in some teams shouldn't be in there (as seen in the following screenshots)

Spoiler

image(1).png.f604ef31620f292c7ee5f3c409b8d6e9.pngimage(4).png.3259c51a50a35a257a24e8a6a468ae37.pngimage(3).png.e373ddd9b42b2e5dcfd55892259300fa.pngimage(2).png.5453327fd77c58cc89f336a2e3e9535f.png

Yes my pkmn were mostly overleved and I won every fight vs them, however I personally don't think that this is a good system of choosing the trainers pkmn. The trainers should have only mono type pkmn and no dual type pkmn.

And now for the end here are some suggestions:
-
 Buff/adjust the exp gain/level of wild pkmn in some area so that leveling without trainer tower becomes an option again
- remove Sturdy, Cursed Body and Destiny Bond from the pkmn in the trainers tower. Those abilities/moves are simply frustrating to play against, especially in an area where u have to pay again  in case u faint

- remove dual types from the trainers teams
- add nurse joy to each floor/inbetween the floors to heal your pkmn for a small fee

I might edit/add some ideas later on to this list but for now those are all my thoughts about the reworked exp system/the patch in general.
Thanks for reading up until this point.

Edited by Callmerengod
  • Like 17

23 minutes ago, Mringno said:

i feel like nurse joy is unlikely to come.  I wouldn't object to them adding one, but I think softboiled & milk drink would be reasonable if they don't. 

Nurse Joy is now available in every floor.(1.5k fee for healing)

• Like 1

Ofralse.png

Db and sturdy should be removed that's what I can agree on spend money on reviving pokes once you die bcoz of them heal cost is 1.5k you do it 12 times that easily becomes 15k plus tower entering cost 

The reason why lvl service price has increased 

• Like 1

After trying EV training for several hours and the tower for some hours, I have to say:

The Tower became THE option, not AN option, and I find it really problematic. It just outadvantages everything accessible for free outside of it, even Gym Leader rematches, which are now heavily outdated already (1 week cooldown to fight 5 pokemon at level 90 to just get exp for one pokemon + exp share pokemon + 3 gems or berries as a reward lmfao). It also outadvantages trainer rematches everywhere. Let's not even get talking about wild battles, they might as well not exist rn :^).

The fact that the tower is full party experience even if you didn't participate just by paying a small fee for lategame players but big fee for early game ones is just... idk how to describe it. It's too big of a powercreep. I personally think the EXP share needs to be for the full party, toggleable off/on. Right now the Tower outclasses everything outside of it, no matter how much I tried to make other things work (Ruins of alph trainers, elite 4 leveling, gym leader rematches, copycats).

These are just not comparable at all. It has created even more powercreep and need for future reworks for Content Scripters. You "can" (lol) use other methods to level up aside from the Trainer Tower, but it is just too good in comparison. You pay a small fee relative to a hyperinflated economy and just get full party experience. I don't argue for the nerf of the Tower, I argue for the buff of the outside options. Not just wild battles but also other trainer battles. Trainer rematches might as well get their cooldown reduced to 3 days and have their teams eventually grow to level 100 and they'd still be overcrept by the tower.

I've really tried to come up with methods that can compete with this thing and bruh. It's just too much. Even abusing 4 accounts to refight 32 gym leaders is just nowhere good enough compared to the tower.

Regards the Trainer Tower: I'd only change the variety of some teams. No, facing 3 Aerodactyl or Hydreigon in the same team is not really fun lmfao. The fact that Sturdy and some really annoying abilities are present is infuriating (Flame Body, Effect Spore and more). You basically rn have to rely on Mold Breaker sweepers or Moxie to power through it due to the huge amount of unexpected repeated BS you might have to face. 

• Like 7

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

7 hours ago, Bhimoso said:

I've really tried to come up with methods that can compete with this thing and bruh. It's just too much. Even abusing 4 accounts to refight 32 gym leaders is just nowhere good enough compared to the tower.

I fully agree, there is simply nothing that comes even close to the amount of exp and speed the tower provides for leveling high lvl mons. The tower should definitely stay and should remain the fastest way to train, since you pay a fee for it - however the game does also need a free and viable option to train pkmn up to high/max levels which doesn't need 4+ hours to train for a single pkmn.

• Like 2