List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

Guest YourMomGr

i dont suggest to ban slowbro, i suggest to ban regenerator. since you can still counter talon with own tempo or oblivious slowbro right? the problem is its ability not the carrier.

if you switch to a brave bird you take up to 47.4% of damage and then you no longer threat the talonflame(he will uturn out(doing max 37% damage)and leaving you with the single choice to slack off and go back to 60% or scald the resisted switch in.with regenarator you absorb all this huge 47.5% damage and immediately threat him

in any given moment of this battle not only once(thats why slowbro is a counter)same goes for sd garchomp whose crunches or eq can leave you with too low hp to let you constanly switch into them

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the current PRO-Meta nothing bar Skarmory can take a thrashing from Sharp Beak/Silk Scarf Reckless Staraptor

Trash is a normal type move --> no effect against ghost --> gengar with thunderbolt and expert belt can switch in and revenge kill it. have u ever tried a relaxed tyrannitar or bold+sturdy Magnezone? Aggron (strongly resisting flying and normal) and metagross (resists flying and normal) are now ingame too.

imo outrage and trash arent problems because the move locks the user and there are immune pokemons available to at least revenge kill it for a 1 for 1 trade.

nothing should be banned if it isnt bugged or there are at least 2 (smogon uu+) counters avaiable (membership only and super rare headbutt pokes shouldnt count)

In the current PRO-Meta nothing bar Skarmory can take a thrashing from Sharp Beak/Silk Scarf Reckless Staraptor

Trash is a normal type move --> no effect against ghost --> gengar with thunderbolt and expert belt can switch in and revenge kill it. have u ever tried a relaxed tyrannitar or bold+sturdy Magnezone? Aggron (strongly resisting flying and normal) and metagross (resists flying and normal) are now ingame too.

imo outrage and trash arent problems since the move locks the user and there are immune pokemons available to at least revenge kill it for a 1 for 1 trade.

I didn't mean the move 'Thrash'. A Reckless Staraptor would normally have: Brave Bird, Double Edge, Close Combat, U-Turn. Thrash is not affected by Reckless.

Besides you'd have to be careful switching in Gengar, unless you know 100% it's not going to be a Brave Bird, or else RIP Gengar.

if you switch to a brave bird you take up to 47.4% of damage and then you no longer threat the talonflame(he will uturn out(doing max 37% damage)and leaving you with the single choice to slack off and go back to 60% or scald the resisted switch in.with regenarator you absorb all this huge 47.5% damage and immediately threat him

in any given moment of this battle not only once(thats why slowbro is a counter)same goes for sd garchomp whose crunches or eq can leave you with too low hp to let you constanly switch into them

In that case you can simply spam slack off, because talon will never able to kill you, and keep receiving recoil from bravebird. And talon wont take a risk to set up infront of slowbro since he can 1hko with surf after one Bravebird recoil dmg.

And if we talk about talon counter there is alot of them in current meta game, such as tyranitar, lanturn, magnezone, most rock type, and even stealth rock limit talon switch since it deal 50% dmg to talon.

Now lets talk about REGENERATOR slowbro counter in current meta, can you help list them for me?

Because in my knowledge, slowbro can absorb every un-boosted physical dmg in current metagame, even un-boosted knock off from adamant weavile & Bisharp cant 2HKO bold slowbro, and in other hand slowbro can threatening them with flametrhower/fire blast or annoy them with thunderwave.

to kill slowbro in current meta you must have atleast 1 SD boost and use super effective STAB dmg, which need set-up and momentum (you dont really have to do this with other physical wall in game).

And there is no way a special attacker can counter him, because slowbro always bring Special dmg sponge partner with him such blissey or special defensive ferro.

And talk about the truth, most slowbro last till the end of battle in current metagame. In the end you able to kill itjust because he cant switch out anymore.

EDIT:

it will be different story with life orb / choice band because you can 2hko slowbro even with jolly weavile / bisharp

I didn't mean the move 'Thrash'. A Reckless Staraptor would normally have: Brave Bird, Double Edge, Close Combat, U-Turn. Thrash is not affected by Reckless.

Besides you'd have to be careful switching in Gengar, unless you know 100% it's not going to be a Brave Bird, or else RIP Gengar.

sry for misunderstanding.

I still think there are enough counters to staraptor (aerodactyl, metagross, skarmory, relaxed bronzong, galvantula, Stealth Rock, ...)

sry for misunderstanding.

I still think there are enough counters to staraptor (aerodactyl, metagross, skarmory, relaxed bronzong, galvantula, Stealth Rock, ...)

Yeh, it doesn't matter too much... staraptors are mainly used as leads, it takes care of most other leads, the problem for opponent is... what to switch in. Most walls used currently in ranked will get 2HKO'd. But with recoil and all, it's easy to revenge kill I guess.

maybe azumarill(holds lum berry) use belly drum can deal with blissey + slowbro

if bro use thunder wave then azumarill has lum berry. i don't know what pkms can take play rough(next turn) by belly drumed azumarill and not die.

if bro use surfing or flame thrower then azumarill will still be alive. next turn bro will take play rough and die.

the only way ur opponent can do is switch bro out while azumarill using belly drum and switch in scizor , talon flame, dragonite and some priority pkms or some tanky

grass, steel, water type pkms that can outspeed azumarill and would not get ohko by azumarill's aqua jet.

My opinion is, just ban pkms which normal player can not obtain with EXCEPTION of Mestrepokemon's Suicune (for obvious reason..)

The unobtainable pkms either "OP" or not (I haven't faced any to judge them) creates an unfair feeling for other players.

And the idea of banning Regenerator Slowbro/Blissey/Ferrothorns or banning cores is ridiculous.. :Smile: If u can't break the core don't blame the lack of Life Orb, Choice items, blame urself. (or blame gamefreak for creating such an stupid ability - you get rewarded for fled.. haha)

Even the obtainable smogon Ubers such as Speedboost Blaziken, Shadow Tag Gothitelle...are still manageable. (and not everyone can obtain a good one, especially pll lazy like me :Crazy: )

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

Ok, ive read the whole thread now.^^

Thx Red, for the great discussion you started here and the first step in the right direction.

Besides that very nice posts of several guys here. It seems they know what they are talking about. :y:

1. As u can read in every 2nd Post, we need Live-Orb/Choice Items to counter those walls.

(This has to be coded, i hope its at a very high priority now after Hoenn) :Heart:

2. We need clauses, like Sleep, species, moody...etc

(This isnt to hard, just announce them, and warn/ban users if they still abuse them, its nth u need to code in my opinion cause we have the report option and after some time ppl learn it and know about it. U can make a big fat Link for "PVP-Rules" if anyone presses the pvp-button on the left bottom, so they have to see the clauses.

But we neeeeed these pvp-items. Pretty pls. :Heart:

If i see a player comming in again with the ferro, slowbro, blissey comp i know this will take like minimum 30mins to bring this to an end. I had an one hour game yesterday cause of this.

I did several other games, no other game took that long....