List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

Guest YourMomGr

@futz first of all the senario on your mind about constant slack off is not working cause a talon will uturn or swords dance in from of a slowbro since bravebird does less than 50% there are a lot of slowbros and talons so i bet you have seen that this season if you are using either

1)bisharp can 0hit/ko slowbro after a swords dance boost(so any bisharp that hving a slowbro trying to take a hit is dead)thats the first counter right there but lets say cause bisharp is a boss reward and ive seen only one in pvp lets count that out

2)blissey can absord even psyshock(doesnt 2hitko)and can toxic it (eventually it will fall)

3)lanturn it can survive all of slowbros stabs even absorb the thunderwave and can do good damage to it+parafusion

4)togekiss can freely set up on a slowbro and paraflinch it

and even counter thunderwave with heal bell

5)celebi can set leech seeds can use leafstorm and heal bell to completely counter it

6)magnezone can 0hitko it

7) tangrowth threats it with leaf storm and knock off+leech seed while even psyshock doesnt do much since it has good defense

8)special umbreon with toxic

9)sableye prankster with knoch off or calm mind taunt dark pulse recover

10)spiritomb

thats only the top 10 i could think of right now

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

193502 @futz first of all the senario on your mind about constant slack off is not working cause a talon will uturn or swords dance in from of a slowbro since bravebird does less than 50% there are a lot of slowbros and talons so i bet you have seen that this season if you are using either

1)bisharp can 0hit/ko slowbro after a swords dance boost(so any bisharp that hving a slowbro trying to take a hit is dead)thats the first counter right there but lets say cause bisharp is a boss reward and ive seen only one in pvp lets count that out

2)blissey can absord even psyshock(doesnt 2hitko)and can toxic it (eventually it will fall)

3)lanturn it can paralyze survive all of slowbros stabs even absorb the thunderwave and can do good damage to is+parafusion

4)togekiss can freely set up on a slowbro and paraflinch it

and even counter thunderwave with heal bell

5)celebi can set leech seeds can use leafstorm and heal bell to completely counter it

6)magnezone can 0hitko it

7) tangrowth treats it with leaf storm and knock off+leech seed while even psyshock doesnt do much since it has good defense

8)special umbreon with toxic

9)gengar

10)spiritomb

thats only the top 10 i could think of right now

you don't get the point,

the point is how to kill slowbro in 2hko without any set-up,

because if you fail to do this, slowbro can simply switch out and regain all of his HP back w/ leftover recovery & REGENERATOR and slowbro literary become immortal

1. I have mention bisharp in my post, the only way he could kill slowbro is with SD boost and Adamant nature with arround 26+ iv on attack

2. Blissey can toxic slowbro yes, and slowbro wont even bother to face blissey he will switch eventually and again he can regain the lost HP simply w/ REGENERATOR

3. Lanturn, will never ever kill slowbro simply very low firepower, lost some HP he swithout and go switch in again

4. Togekiss, yes this one can check slowbro

5. Celebi it can check slowbro, but in order to get it you must fullfill so many requirements, min playhour etc not everyone in ranked have it due to these reason. And no guarantee that you will get decent one

6. Magnezone, i have mention it before slowbro always brings parter most popular one are blissey which is can take magnezone easily

7. Tangrowth, This not even in current meta

8. Umbreon, same reason as blissey

9. Genggar, same reason as magnezone

10. spiritomb, simply cant do anything to slowbro due to his lack power

SO, from list you gave me only Togekiss that have a chance against slowbro & use it as setup fodder

very lack of counter without life orb & choice item right? so you get my point now?

193447 My opinion is, just ban pkms which normal player can not obtain with EXCEPTION of Mestrepokemon's Suicune (for obvious reason..)

The unobtainable pkms either "OP" or not (I haven't faced any to judge them) creates an unfair feeling for other players.

And the idea of banning Regenerator Slowbro/Blissey/Ferrothorns or banning cores is ridiculous.. :Smile: If u can't break the core don't blame the lack of Life Orb, Choice items, blame urself. (or blame gamefreak for creating such an stupid ability - you get rewarded for fled.. haha)

Even the obtainable smogon Ubers such as Speedboost Blaziken, Shadow Tag Gothitelle...are still manageable. (and not everyone can obtain a good one, especially pll lazy like me :Crazy: )

no one talked about banning slowbro/blissey/feero i just suggest to ban REGENERATOR thats all

and since you pretty confidence with your statement, can you teach us how to kill regenerator slowbro without any excessive set-up?

and there is no reason blame game freak, because they introduce regenerator after they have choice item and life orb.

if you switch to a brave bird you take up to 47.4% of damage and then you no longer threat the talonflame(he will uturn out(doing max 37% damage)and leaving you with the single choice to slack off and go back to 60% or scald the resisted switch in.with regenarator you absorb all this huge 47.5% damage and immediately threat him

in any given moment of this battle not only once(thats why slowbro is a counter)same goes for sd garchomp whose crunches or eq can leave you with too low hp to let you constanly switch into them

if my memory is right Staraptor(adamant reckless, holds sharp beak) can 2hko slowbro without any boost

Outrage have other bug too, if you use outrage and your opponent put a fairy type you continue 'trapped' on outrage, u can't switch to another pokemon, but its wrong, if some pokemon is immune of outrage, you can switch your pokemon.

you can check it on bulbapedia or showdown fight

Drizzle, sand rush - abilities. I dont think rain and sand teams should be banned, but drizzle is no risk vary high reward. and sand rush is bugged.

this super tank meta is annoying, but I dont think any of the major tanks (blissey, arcanine, skarmory, ferrothorn, sableye, dusknoir, umbreon, weezing, tentacrule, forretress) should be banned.

will add more stuff once i start ranked agian.

193312 Good post Gr. We won't be going straight on banning the Pokemon at this juncture. This is more about what is needed to balance out the current ranked battle to make it nice for all the users. We are searching for something that I might have left out when bringing up the issue. I can see from where you are coming from. Myself is a SD champ so you are not left uncertain.

This is the list of basic stuff that I brought up to our developer a while ago.

Moves missing: Protect and Encore

Abilities missing: Magic bounce and Magic Guard.

Items missing; Choice scarf , Choice specs , Choice band , Life orb, Flame Orb, Toxic Orb, Quickclaw and Whiteherb.

Surely with those being implemented our ranked battles would be much nicer with less complaints. We've brought up critical issues on the table, when they will be done it solely depends on shanes schedule. Just making sure that we cover basic suggestion to make ranked battle nice.

Don't forget about substitute and volt switch and u-turn still don't have momentum.

BTW I remember about another good move that still not coded that is good to check not only stall but offensive pokes too PURSUIT.

I recommend to limit sleep condition can only be happen on 1 pokemon because spore spam can be horrible to be face. Especially a technician breloom can spore spam all the pokes in ranked pvp with 100% accuracy.

YES! <3<3<3

Hah. banning regenerator not Slowbro huh? seem legit.. OK let ban Gale wings and keep Talonflame free. :Smile:

Regenerator is the reason people use slowbro, before regenerator work, rarely I see slowbro in ranked. Now if u ban regenerator, slowbro definitely disappear on the ladder - becuz people are familiar w. the advantage regenerator bring to them, they can't acept a slowbro that can't gain health when switch out. haha.

So I must clear the point for u: Ban regenerator = ban slowbro/Tangrowth/Amonguss..

I myself don't use a Slowbro in ladder - u can ask people. But the idea of banning it is not the right thing to do.

For your question:

Ofc u can't kill Slowbro immediately if ur opponent keep switching it out and replace it w. special def. (unless u have a shadow tag Gothi ) I will list something that can force it out and deal w. its sp.def partner:

[taunt, roost, Fireblast, dark pulse] Hydreigon can handle both Blissey-Slowbro &Slowbro-Ferro pretty well (especally if u can set up toxic spikes);

Gengar w. taunt(+wow) can handle most bliss while keep Slowbro off the ground.

Magnezone w. or w.o h.p FIRE can trap and kill Ferro while scare away slowbro (u need metal sound in case don't have h.p fire)

Special Tyranitar (like mine using last season) can handle Slow-Ferro too, since it can 1hit both of them...mostly.

Manetric, Houndoom - well I admit they're rarely seen on ladder, actually can 1hit both slowbro and Ferrothorn.

That some I have in mind now..

And in case u don't like all those option, simply set up some hazards which discourage switching.

Slowbro may still gain health while switching but its teammate don't, let them suffer.

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.