List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

219448 Please ban Pokemon with Shadow Tag ability, thanks.

(Gothita, Shadowtag)

Also, can UBERS be banned too.

:thanks:

"Please do this, please do that... thanks." :Angry:

Looks more like an order than a suggestion, you really should consider that if you post here, it's in order to convince the admins doing something, not commanding them around because somethings bugging you ... Let's go reverse:

Please explain why ?

And to answer the previous guy: if you dont know why, you must be one of those boring stallers. Gothithelle is not hard to counter. It's slow, you will always hit first... with a good enough pokemon, haha, yea, thats it. You guys dont want Shadow Tag? Stop doing full stall teams.

My team has a Gothitelle in it... And it is definitely not slow vs a fighting type and stallers. I don't have a stall team, I don't have the patience to EV train a tank.

Gothielle in itself is not a poke that would seem interesting in pvp considering there are better options. The sudden use of this pokemon with its hidden ability is a desperate option by many to help counter something that is and has been broken in this game. I personally don't use one and would probably use one if I could but I don't blame those that use one since it is not easy to come up with a team to counter great walls of china that people use nowadays just because it's the easy way. Sadly nothing will be done about it and we have to cope with it until abilities and items that benefit offensive battlers are released. cheers

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are tons of other options to beat stall teams. Taunt users and setup sweepers being the most common and effective choices. Shadow Tag is an ability that should not be allowed in any serious competitive metagame.

The skill of a player is inversely proportional to the number of confuse ray users he runs on his team.

219448 Please ban Pokemon with Shadow Tag ability, thanks.

(Gothita, Shadowtag)

Also, can UBERS be banned too.

:thanks:

"Please do this, please do that... thanks." :Angry:

Looks more like an order than a suggestion, you really should consider that if you post here, it's in order to convince the admins doing something, not commanding them around because somethings bugging you ... Let's go reverse:

Please explain why ?

And to answer the previous guy: if you dont know why, you must be one of those boring stallers. Gothithelle is not hard to counter. It's slow, you will always hit first... with a good enough pokemon, haha, yea, thats it. You guys dont want Shadow Tag? Stop doing full stall teams.

My team has a Gothitelle in it... And it is definitely not slow vs a fighting type and stallers. I don't have a stall team, I don't have the patience to EV train a tank.

Sorry then. :) But if you are not a staller, how can Gothithelle bother you then?

@Dohko: we do agree!

4FVP

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shewas15

Hi

Ban Confuse Ray ,

Code status/lum berries , VoltUrn (i'll quote bulbapedia like an admin did for focus sash being a consumable item sounds like i'll be rude, but yea it was is own argument right there not mine)

U-turn deals damage and then switches the user out. The user will not be switched out if the user is the only Pokémon in the party that is able to battle, or if using U-turn ends the battle

Where is written you have to choice your pokemon before hitting, and not being able to use the moove when your have only one pokemon left ? -> https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/U-turn_(move)

Also , Pursuit , Sub , PvPs items ,Phaze Tm/Tutor (also defog tutor), don't bother banning thing , that's all no more whinning , HF

Shewas18

Guest zelkowa

The ban 'shadow tag's' and 'galewings' comments are always be hilarious for me. you just need to find the ' true tactic '. there is no team that cannot be defeatable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

How can someone know what is actually banned?

I see people suggesting bans and complaining about bans (eg. shadow tag)... but in the first page of this thread, there is nothing about shadow tag being banned. And i can't find any post that says that banned either.

So is it banned or not? Where can i check a full and reliable list of banned pokes/abilities?

Thanks

245097 Hi everyone!

How can someone know what is actually banned?

I see people suggesting bans and complaining about bans (eg. shadow tag)... but in the first page of this thread, there is nothing about shadow tag being banned. And i can't find any post that says that banned either.

So is it banned or not? Where can i check a full and reliable list of banned pokes/abilities?

Thanks

The thread above this thread^^:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34240

Shadow tag is not bannable. Everything which is bannable u find in this thread.

193268 actually its kinda hard to counter a lot of pokemons because the lack of orbs, and choise items...

Can you please name some? Thanks

Well... blissey slowbro ferrothorn skarmory milotic tangrowth sableye bronzong hippowdon gliscor alomomola clefable etc. the list goes on with any stall pokemon. those guys can use their preffered item, which is leftovers/toxic orb but offensive pokemon can't use life orb or choice items. they have to use leftovers or weak items like sharp beak. the items heavily favors defensive pokemon. In a situation where you would 2hko or 3hko them becomes a 3hko or 4hko without said items, allowing them to heal off the damage. Obviously stalling should be a viable strategy but not like this, they should try to win through LO/Choice damage as in the original games because that's what their stats are balanced for.

I see you guys already implemented Toxic Orb so I'm excited for future additions. Just commented this to describe the PvP situation atm.

Guest SugarRed9
193268 actually its kinda hard to counter a lot of pokemons because the lack of orbs, and choise items...

Can you please name some? Thanks

Well... blissey slowbro ferrothorn skarmory milotic tangrowth sableye bronzong hippowdon gliscor alomomola clefable etc. the list goes on with any stall pokemon. those guys can use their preffered item, which is leftovers/toxic orb but offensive pokemon can't use life orb or choice items. they have to use leftovers or weak items like sharp beak. the items heavily favors defensive pokemon. In a situation where you would 2hko or 3hko them becomes a 3hko or 4hko without said items, allowing them to heal off the damage. Obviously stalling should be a viable strategy but not like this, they should try to win through LO/Choice damage as in the original games because that's what their stats are balanced for.

I see you guys already implemented Toxic Orb so I'm excited for future additions. Just commented this to describe the PvP situation atm.

You can still beat the stall though. There's ways to out play it and destroy it. For exampl togekiss is an amazing Milotic, snorlax, and blissey killer. You can get a pokemon with knock off and cut off their sustain. The stall is beatable, just have to play smarter, not harder.

That's exactly my point, stall should be viable, and we can beat it now. However stall teams get their desired items and other teams don't, which is just unfair. This is not how Pokemon moves, stats or whatever are designed. Stall should try to beat other teams at their maximum power because stall is at it's maximum power.

My win rate is above 50% against stall, however I'm using so many stallbreakers that I'm not doing well against other teams :Crazy: