Things i don't like in PRO

Blackdarkness

1. 1.

I agree on some of the things being written here.

Regarding inkay, we've discussed about the possibility of it's evolution being an android exclusive (since phone/tablets have the necessary hardware to emulate what the 3DS does) thats not about trying to spread the platform usage, thats literally a hardware dependant aspect that we'd like to keep. (players who dont own an android can still trade theirs over to someone who does, and vice versa)

WOW that's an awesome idea :D

Cuz in 3DS- After level 30, Inkay has the ability to evolve, but in order to successfully complete it we need to turn the 3DS upside-down when it levels and it'll turn into Malamar

:D Doin the same in androis will be kewl <3

8tdrGli.png

••MY GUIDES••

Bag_Macho_Brace_Sprite.png[glow=red]EV Training Hot Spots[/glow]

244.png[glow=red]How to get Legendary Dogs[/glow]

Shiny collector and Proud Member of BlaZe~

<i></i>

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its something that worries me about this game because the general competitive knowledge of this community so far has been very lacking, this has included some staff members Ive talked to, but only time will tell. From what I've read and the things that have been brought up in general conversation, the competitive game hardly seems like much of a concern at all.

We will get there. I also have the whole battle engine and competitive knowledge in my small finger. So there is no need to be afraid that something will go different way. You also have to understand that the game is under development. Meaning that we don't half doing things just to move on another as we zig zag. At the end of day you can't do much in a Pokemon game. Sure you can make it more interesting and spice the way how one trainer progress and make it more logical. But eventually it all comes down to a PvP and tournaments.

What I can see here is that you are rather connecting the competitive battle system with the way how one gets there. Personally I dislike the idea of people becoming battle competitive in very short time. Sure there will be an effort needed for that but once you get there you will have a very huge spectrum to expand on. As a staff I can tell you that our battle system might be one of the better ones in this type of gaming but it is still very small and wrong when you look at it as a competitive battler. I am well aware of all that. For now ignore the battle system in PRO because it needs heavy changes to be called competitive. For now do not mix up the competitive battling with a way how one gets there. There is a also portion of effort needed to become known battler. I can also tell you one thing. Becoming the best battler or at least go into top tier category will be a very huge challenge for a player. Last thing we want to do is to make such system where people are able to go into top tier category daily and many of them. Top tier trainer will be recognized, rewarded and something unique what not many players can do or have skills for it. So for instance if you are to become a 2015 champion of PRO that means your competitive battle skills were put to best use comparing them with other players, giving you the status of a champion and everyone will want to battle you to ruin your rating as they want to make their better.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

I gave up playing the game as soon as release their official version because I saw that was missing some things that could not be included.

This game hasnt even been released yet. Youre all playing test builds and are helping us iron out bugs.

Now these so called features that cannot be implimented i think many can agree on would spoil the game for everyone else. No powerful legend will be catchable on PRO, this is something that has been discussed for a while and to let people catch the powerful ones would upset the delicate game balance we are trying to create. Want to catch a mewtwo? go play a DS/3DS game.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Everyone owning a Mewtwo, or any other legendary, would actually make it as common as other Pokemon which shouldn't be the case, hence the rank of "legendary".

Yes you can put rules excluding over-powered Pokemons in a battle, but still there is no point of making the legendaries catchable, and I find it better so. I prefer finding a perfect IV-Nature-Ability Pokemon rather than a legendary which can be obtained by everyone (Even if it is set as "hard" to obtain everyone can still get it at one point).

I understand your opinion but disagree with it.

With all my respect, I do not know why insult other players, but if the case is in a Online Battle (player vs. player), the recommended would also have an option where both could choose the tags to battle, as well as competitive.

Example: OU (It can use only Pokemon OU class down, then he could no use Uber (Over Power), as Mewtwo in which you quoted.

The restriction isnt about battle ranks and tiers.

This is about the fact that a legendary is legendary, and supposed to be one of the rarest things to find. The handheld versions translate well since u could only catch 1 per game session,

This doesnt translate at all to an MMO setting where everyone would (if we made it exactly the same as handhelds) be able to catch all of them, would make legends pointless. The ones that will be catchable in PRO will in themselves have huge restrictions placed on their availability and access. Only people who have proved themselves worthy will be able to even acces the quests that will lead up to catching a legendary. also their catch rate will be unbelievably low, so only skilled/lucky (in the actual battle) will catch one, and thats the best way for everyone.

For example, someone with less than 10 hours gameplay for example is simply undeserving of having that chance. Whereas someone who has spent 1000 hours, will have the privilege to enter any of the available legend quests, and caught legendaries wont be tradeable either.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

The premise of how legendary grouping would work is, You go through a large quest up to a point where u have to choose 1 of 3 items (the items would correlate to the legendary u will be able to encounter and potentially catch. There will be several of these around. It will be possible to obtain 1 of any particular group of legendary. For example it will be possible to own an articuno and a raikou, but not an articuno and zapdos. If u see what i mean. And i say possibility in the lightest sense, the possibility of even encountering a catchable legend is very low. And will only be able to have a single encounter with it (it will be in overworld form). If u fail, it disappears forever.

TJ6qktU.gif

This guy:

bVAQFQP.png

This is the NPC that explains the ways in which each badge affects the player. My only real complaint with him is that it's such a longggggg conversation. If the player was able to choose which badge to learn about via a list, then maybe it wouldn't bother me so much. ;)

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

We will get there. I also have the whole battle engine and competitive knowledge in my small finger.
That's a pretty bold statement haha, or I'm misunderstanding you here. Thanks for dev responses, we'll see where it will go. Like you said, at the end the ultimate end game will be PvP. I'm curious as to how the competitive community and aspect of this game will develop. I'll be the silent observer haha, maybe not that silent.

We are talking here about system related with Pokemon. Nothing bold here. If one does not know how the competitive system works that is another thing and more important, they are on wrong address. Pokemon competitive system might look complex for some but it is pure logic if you have basic Pokemon knowledge. Give it a few days time and few tournaments and you will learn everything about it.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

Guest DevXDroid

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned before, but the TMs in-game are Gen 1. It would be a lot better if PRO had gen 6 TMs that allow pokemon to learn a much larger variety of moves, thus improving the PVP experience as well. :)