Removal of Mist/Fog on Maps?

Demmyale

1. 1.

Is this stuff really necessary? it causes a lot of lag and its in almost every excavation site, it makes every action in and out of battle insanely slow on both PC and mobile. I'm all for doing what u gotta do to make the map realistic as possible but this is not worth it. Maybe make put in an option to remove it in settings? I'm just so tired of the lag it causes, maybe its because i don't have the best PC but i'm sure i'm not the only one with this problem.

Example this stuff:

egdSTcv.png

Best%20One_zps7tgag9fl.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, fog looks cool in some maps but it's a pain for those without a good PC, especially when doing excavation sites. Would be great to have an option to remove it or just disable it when you set the weather effects off.

I hope we get last year's Halloween event again so we can get more support for this xD

Really, the fog does improve the creepy feeling for the environment, but for low end PC/mobile/laptop, it is horrible and we need an option that removes it.

I prefer being able to play than being able to get a creepy feeling from the fog, honestly.......

I did a benchmark on Feral Site using standard PC and I experienced no lag whatsoever @1080p. Only thing that changed for me is the CPU temperature but that is because I had 2 PRO running uncapped. GPU usage is 50% at 1601 Mhz with heaps of stuff opened at the same time. FPS varies from 1100ish which is a cap. The game can't give more than 1100ish FPS but you as a end user you don't need more than 60fps. That means that 12++ years old hardware can do it. Check the screenshot below.

4a35756ecf604af094e48bbeca3d3c07.png

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

207812 I did a benchmark on Feral Site using standard PC and I experienced no lag whatsoever. Only thing that changed for me is the CPU temperature but that is because I had 2 PRO running uncapped. GPU usage is 50% at 1601 Mhz with heaps of stuff opened at the same time. FPS varies from 1100ish which is a cap. The game can't give more than 1100ish FPS but you as a end user you don't need more than 60fps. That means that 12++ years old hardware can do it. Check the screenshot below.

4a35756ecf604af094e48bbeca3d3c07.png

I mean, i'm not much of a computer person, but what i do understand is that i have a pretty bad computer but I never lag on any map besides the ones that have mist/fog, this is also including on my good tablet. I'm just tired of being so laggy in excavation sites the text goes soooooooooooooooo slow :D:

Best%20One_zps7tgag9fl.gif

Only thing I've noticed is that my fans speed up a bit when doing an excavation run, but haven't noticed any significant lag. Maybe some chopiness here and there, but that's due to the fact that summer is rough here and my laptop hits high temps anyway.

[CENTER][I]"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."[/I][/CENTER]

My 15 year old low end benchmark PC (intel pentium 4 2.8ghz single core CPU, Nvidia FX5200 GFX) can run PRO fine at 30fps, my current PC runs 2 PRO clients at a stable 550 FPS (using an 8 year old intel core2quad CPU, and a 2 year old GFX card (geforce GT730 gen 2)), so unless you're running stone age hardware the fog shouldnt be a problem.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.