Let The Battles Begin!

[anchor=2]HOW TO RECORD AND UPLOAD[/anchor]

• Please find a guide on how to Record And Upload a video here. Ensure that the Youtube video is UNLISTED. This means that the video can only be viewed to those you share the link with.
  • Both participants of each battle should record their match.
  • The video should display the following:
    • Clearly display all Pokemon in your party for verification once the Battle has started - this is to ensure that you are not editing your party in any way prior to the Battle. Please see an
    • Allow Time Stamps on your chat - this can be done in Options>Game. This is to help show passage of time, for those who speed up their videos.
    • One recording should display all three consecutive matches unless there is a clear agreement between you that you will reconvene at another time. This is help enforce rules about wasting the time of the other Player.

[anchor=3]HOW IT WORKS[/anchor]

• Single Elimination:
    • Rounds will be a Best-Out-Of-Three basis. If you lose the round, you will be eliminated from the Tournament.

[*]Why do some Players automatically go to Round 2?

• For everyone to be in Round One, the number of participants must be a power of 2. This is unavoidable. Please see more information in regards to this
here.

[*]Finding your opponent:

• Look for your opponent on the forums and in-game. You may find the /pm username-=-username command helpful here.
  • Try and establish a date and time for the match - once this has been agreed, PM Daeon with what time this takes place. If your opponent does not appear within an hour of this time or adequately warn you beforehand, they will lose the round by default. If I am available, I will help source the Player. I am happy to share my Discord account details with anyone for this, please PM me with your username if you require this.
  • DO NOT meet up in-game prior to your battle, as this will give away your starter. You can use the /battle command to initiate Battle from different maps.
  • DO NOT keep your opponent waiting whilst reorganising your team between battles. If you keep them more than 5 minutes you will be disqualified.

[*]You may continue to Level and EV train your Pokemon. You may also change Move Sets.

[anchor=4]RULES[/anchor]

• The following PvP Items are banned: Muscle Band, Wise Glasses, Weakness Policy, Quick Claw, Lagging Tail, Life Orb (This is because allowing these would involve the complete reorganisation of some teams).
  • Recordings of battles must be uploaded and submitted to Daeon (DO NOT send these to other members of Staff, as some are participating) within 48 hours of the match taking place. Details of what must be in the recording will be included in [goto=2]how to record and upload[/goto].
  • You may only use Pokemon that have been registered.
  • Rated PvP Rules apply. Please familiarise yourself with these if you have not done so already.
  • If you disconnect, it will be counted as a loss unless your opponent agrees to a rematch. You must provide proof of this.
  • If the server crashes, the round is nullified and should be restarted.
  • Do not keep your opponent waiting:
    • If you do not attempt to contact your opponent in order to arrange a Battle time, you will be eliminated.
    • If you do not arrive within an hour of your agreed Battle time, you will be eliminated.
    • If you spend more than 5 minutes rearranging your team between battles, you will be eliminated.

[*]If you edit your imgur album at all at any point, you will be disqualified.

[*]Be prepared for long matches - remember to pay attention. If you are inactive and unable to be contacted for any longer than 15 minutes, you will be disqualified.

Failure to follow any of these rules will result in an immediate disqualification.

[anchor=5]PRIZES[/anchor]

• The CHAMPION will receive:
    • Yellow Server: RAIKOU
243.pngRed Server: ENTEI 244.pngBlue Server: SUICUNE 245.png
✯ A PvP Cloak & Hood in a colour of your choosing.
✯1x Membership Medallion.

SECOND PLACE will receive:

• ✯ A PvP Cloak & Hood in a colour of your choosing.
    ✯ 1x Membership Medallion.

THIRD PLACE will receive:

• ✯ 1x Membership Medallion.

[anchor=6]FAQ[/anchor] - Will be updated

When does the Tournament start?

• The tournament officially starts at 20th January at 20:00GMT. This does not mean you have to battle at this exact time.

Can I battle my opponent before the Tournament opens?

• No. The reason for this is simply that I've been extremely busy the last few weeks - I need a break. Since I am running this Tournament on my own and will have very little help checking videos and so on due to Staff Members taking part in the Tournament (as to protect teams) - so, I need a bit of a breather first.

How long will each Round last?

• Round One will last 7 days and will end at 20:00GMT on the 7th day. This is to allow for those who work full time and have real-life commitments. There will be a 1 day break between rounds, so that I am able to ensure the bracket is up to date. I will update the post with when the next round begins.

What happens if I do not submit my video before the Round ends?

• You will be eliminated. No exceptions under any circumstances.

In Round One, do those automatically placed in Round Two battle also?

• Yes. If you have a pairing, you should seek your opponent. Round Three will continue as normal.

What if I don't know what GMT is in my own time?

• Please type "London" here:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
This will display the current time in GMT, just compare this to your own time.

What do I do if I cannot find my opponent or they do not turn up?

• Keep proof of every attempt you make, such as screenshots of in-game and forum PMs.
    I have also uploaded the Trainer Card of every player in the list. Some people registered under one name but will actually be battling using another account - be sure to look at their Trainer Card. Also I may have just spelt their name wrong.
    If the Round ends and you have made sufficient effort to contact the your Opponent, or they simply did not turn up to the battle without warning (if you decide to reschedule this must be agreed to by both parties) - you will win by default and they will be eliminated.

Are Staff allowed to use their Staff Reward Pokemon?

• Yes, if it falls under 601 Base Stats.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to everyone! :)

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.