Ban ALL Staff Pokemon From Ranked PVP

Giovanni

369078 Again it's not about whether you can beat them or not. It's the fact you shouldn't have to.

The reasoning in this topic is that staff pokes give an unfair advantage and you shouldnt have to beat them if i understood correctly. That's why i gave my opinion on why they dont give any unfair advantage presenting examples and counters.

Stating that they give an unfair advantage..but you provided 0 reasons to support this opinion -_- . They are op? they don't have counters? that's what my initial post answered to.

You can call it ''unfair'' even without providing any real reasons or you can enjoy a nice challenge and try to outplay these pokemon (even though they dont even need to be outplayed to kill them).

Lol in the end it's a pokemon game. Some people spend their time to make it better every day, so let them have a bit fun with their pokes.

5978027ab0b54c0c827689af69dc1742.png

This is my staff pokemon. The IVS are not random it is what I chose for them. Therefore it is an unfair advantage.

[glow=red]The threats of a goldfish do not concern a shark.[/glow]

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

369030 how many legendary pokemons are there on the top 25 on all 3 servers?

0 (excluding tournament winners)

369171 Ironic that's a former staff requesting this - you shouldn't feel bad by using your mons

he doesn't even pvp

so all the top players are without the legenderys and they all have such a big win ratio??? this game is broken!! how can you play it? please give everyone a legendary that's all they want...seriously this post is the same as the ones where people complane how its unfair that you can't catch a legendarys in the game..

pure jealousy nothing more...

and as i can see people are dealing just fine against legendarys on the ladder...

0 legendarys on top 25 players

Clearly you didn't read the post as I also have said that this does affect me too. Certainly not Jealousy.

Again it's not about whether you can beat them or not. It's the fact you shouldn't have to.

Legendary Pokemon were given to players as a reward for tournaments. (Entei for example) Do you want those banned too? Those players worked hard to receive those rewards. Taking advantage of the masses to jump on your bandwagon without giving them the full picture is also uneducated and you should also consider the fact that you haven't presented or acknowledged any counter arguments. To everyone who doesn't know already, this user is using a tactic known in literature and writing known as "fallacies". It is wise to always do your own research to ensure you do not fall into biased pitfalls. It should also be asked. why is this user no longer staff?

No by all means they should be able to keep their pokemon and use them. The IVs on those pokemon ARE random, not selected by the person who has it.

Also, I am no longer staff due to having to focus on my education, thanks for the concern though.

This is one of the reasons why I had only legendary policy for rewards. I was expecting users to complain to ban them for ranked and this is what happened, they got banned from ranked. Later, reward system was changed but it was due to lack of communication. I do see credibility in this thread. I also had in mind, if we are going to give recurring rewards every X time then it would be nicer to have a random IVs monster due to surprise factor, user simply is being fed with amended monster making new one as if it was nothing. I will review reward policy once I am able to do so. Kindly proceed with the thread in a civil manner. It will make reviewing less of a pain for me.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

369236 This is one of the reasons why I had only legendary policy for rewards. I was expecting users to complain to ban them for ranked and this is what happened, they got banned from ranked. Later, reward system was changed but it was due to lack of communication. I do see credibility in this thread. I also had in mind, if we are going to give recurring rewards every X time then it would be nicer to have a random IVs monster due to surprise factor, user simply is being fed with amended monster making new one as if it was nothing. I will review reward policy once I am able to do so. Kindly proceed with the thread in a civil manner. It will make reviewing less of a pain for me.

I had a good talk with Anduin about that topic and what I suggested was some sort of limitation in the stats/nature/abiliy

• 6x20ivs instead of 6x +30ivs
  • certainly not shiny seems like an overkill as a reward
  • random IV's but right nature to make them at least useful in PVP
  • random nature but high IV's remain the same
  • random ability (depends on the pokemon)

I don't think they deserve an overall ban but certainly some sort of limitation. :)

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

369208 So a better question is, what's the point of getting a Pokemon if you can't use it as staff? You gotta think about this on both sides, as staff you get a Pokemon after 6 MONTHs of working say 4 hours a day. That's 720 hours of working to get a Pokemon that you can't even use? What's the point, and what's the motivation of working as staff?

Motivation for staff? Well, maybe trying to help the game and the community lol, or you would only join for that reward?

And as stated, it's not about whether or not you can counter the pokes which were given as staff reward, so if you come up with that, reread :Heart: