Things that are not to be introduced in PRO

Red

1. 1.

Do you guys really want this game to become Pay 4 Win?

Donating users already have huge benefits in this game, I see NO reason to make Fly require coins. It would totally crush this game. Also what are people going to do when you release new regions? Spend 1 hour just to get from Kanto to Hoenn?

And what's next, pay coins for walking? Fly MUST be in this game and MUST work like it worked in the handhelds, also if people can't freely fly it makes it impossible for us to complete trade.

"WTS Charizard" "Hey mate I want to buy, where are you?" "I'm at Celadon" "Oh I'm at New Bark Town, can you fly to me? I've finished my coins" "So do I, nevermind"

This would totally happen ALWAYS. Please think about it. Don't ruin this game with this non sense.

290pmq8.png

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and Red were discussing the possibility of making fly a donation based ability, by using donation coins as currency for fly usage. (We would still give out the HM in the standard way, but when you go to use it out of battle, it would pop up with a dialogue box similar to surf but will ask for an amount of coins to use.

This may sound like a bit harsh but i believe this is the only way to ensure that fly is balanced and a sought after feature (bear in mind anyone can actually earn donation coins throughout general gameplay, its just a whole lot harder to get than just donating).

Mind if i suggest something else? having an item *cracker* that would allow your pokemon to fly, which will be buyable with in-game currency. Around 2k per cracker would ensure the over-usage of it. Maybe something with happiness rate to set a balance with it but i don't know if something like that can be coded. I'll give an example regardless

Fly : Consumes 25 happines

Cracker : Gives 25 happines (requires that pokemon knows fly)

Granted it is slightly open for exploit. However, making the move Fly un-deletable would balance it out. Better than not having fly in general.

I agree with this idea the most for fly, using the ingame currency usually works the best for transportation.

4FEZZdr.png

Payday and the Amulet Coin should be implemented, the payouts just need scaled down. At first everyone will be starting out on even ground and the absence of these things wouldn't really make a difference, but the longer this game is around the larger the gap in wealth between old players and new players becomes, the more difficult it will be for the new players to function within the economy with the older players. Now Im sure Ill get multiple responses like "well older players SHOULD have more and It SHOULD be harder for newer players" or things along these lines. In a functioning economy this is not true. For the economy to have longevity the newer players need this little extra boost to keep from being at a financial disadvantage over the long term. This was evident in other games Ive played where the economy's grew stale because players who had been around horded most the valuable goods between each other and the newer player struggled to gain any true wealth because they simply could not afford to exchange with the more experienced players. While this is not going to be an issue NOW, in 2 years from now it is a VERY real possibility. Especially if what used to be normal free functions(HM's, entry to certain area's ect.) are going to cost. There has to be balance there between stationary currency(currency being held by players), currency spent(the regular exchange between players)and the currency that exits the economy(NPC Marts, ect).

I used to be GymLeaderGreen, VVVV Master Race 4 Lyfe

2YECJDc.png

@Vegeta

I think you have the wrong idea about Pay Day. It wouldn't level the playing field between old and new players...it will widen the gap. The older players will have used that move many more times, thus they will have more money than the new player. Eliminating these kinds of moves actually levels the playing field.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX50HvhXx182ANOBZ-jCYoEu1oiOOg5-X9zjXvybOhmoji1V72

@Vegeta

I think you have the wrong idea about Pay Day. It wouldn't level the playing field between old and new players...it will widen the gap. The older players will have used that move many more times, thus they will have more money than the new player. Eliminating these kinds of moves actually levels the playing field.

It doesnt and this is why, you have to look beyond the next 6 months to a year. Right now and even in a year what youre saying could be true to an extent. The more money one gains the less theyre going to grind payday for if no other reason it becomes not worth the grind. There will come a time where a smaller group of players will hold a majority of the wealth in game. When this happens it will become increasingly more difficult to get the lump sum of the upper class of player to trickle down to the new players because not enough of them will have desired goods like shinys or large amounts of cash to exchange with them. So it will help to bridge that gap, not completely but enough to help the issue by getting their foot in the door so to speak.

I used to be GymLeaderGreen, VVVV Master Race 4 Lyfe

2YECJDc.png

@Vegeta

It doesnt and this is why, you have to look beyond the next 6 months to a year. Right now and even in a year what youre saying could be true to an extent. The more money one gains the less theyre going to grind payday for if no other reason it becomes not worth the grind. There will come a time where a smaller group of players will hold a majority of the wealth in game. When this happens it will become increasingly more difficult to get the lump sum of the upper class of player to trickle down to the new players because not enough of them will have desired goods like shinys or large amounts of cash to exchange with them. So it will help to bridge that gap, not completely but enough to help the issue by getting their foot in the door so to speak.

I agree with Vegeta on this.

slipknot_signature_by_eviltxgod.png

Do you guys really want this game to become Pay 4 Win?

Donating users already have huge benefits in this game, I see NO reason to make Fly require coins. It would totally crush this game. Also what are people going to do when you release new regions? Spend 1 hour just to get from Kanto to Hoenn?

And what's next, pay coins for walking? Fly MUST be in this game and MUST work like it worked in the handhelds, also if people can't freely fly it makes it impossible for us to complete trade.

"WTS Charizard" "Hey mate I want to buy, where are you?" "I'm at Celadon" "Oh I'm at New Bark Town, can you fly to me? I've finished my coins" "So do I, nevermind"

This would totally happen ALWAYS. Please think about it. Don't ruin this game with this non sense.

True. But also has anyone considered trolling in the context of not being able to fly? (I'm gonna borrow your words emperior for another example)

"WTS Charizard"

"Hey mate I want to buy, where are you?"

"I'm at Celadon"

"Oh I'm at New Bark Town, can you come to me?"

"Sure"

*5 minutes later*

Where the heck are they?

Nowhere, because the seller got trolled.

That would be really, really super annoying and once someone has trolled you and you've wasted all that time traveling from point A to possibly farthest point away B, are you gonna trust anyone for a trade ever again? I dunno, just something I thought of that I think its worth considering.

@Vegeta

@mephilist

You both are wrong on Pay Day. If you can't see the following point, I can't help you.

With Pay Day in game:

Player 1 has 500 hours, been using pay day for months or years, has accumulated mass amounts of money. $1m lets say.

Player 2 has 10 hours, has no money, uses Pay Day, but still so far away from the rich and will be for a long time. $0 due to spending all money on bike

Gap = $1m

Without Pay Day in game:

Player 1 has 500 hours, not exactly the richest man in the game. $500K

Player 2 has 10 hours, the player is new, but the gap is not as wide as it would be with Pay Day.

Gap = $500K

Also on the sarcastic point you make "well older players should have more."

I'll be that guy and say yeah you are 100% right. It is only an initial advantage though. I am not going to trade my shiny Machop to a new player until they work hard and earn some money or Pokémon to trade with. You make it sound like on hour 1, a new player should be able to compete economically. No, not at all!

@Mephilist

You are from Missouri. You should know what I am talking about. The Cardinals have a good MLB roster and good farm system. An expansion team shouldn't be able to compete until a few years of drafting and developing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX50HvhXx182ANOBZ-jCYoEu1oiOOg5-X9zjXvybOhmoji1V72

I think either of swarm or Synchronize ability with effect outside of a battle shud be there. U can make the pokes with either of the ability rare if u like but one of them shud be there ingame.

Please consider it.

width=387pxhttps://i.imgur.com/EQvF9AS.png[/img]

A real fighter doesn't dash off in the pursuit of next victory or throw a fit when experience a loss.

A real fighter ponders about his upcoming battles

I think either of swarm or Synchronize ability with effect outside of a battle shud be there. U can make the pokes with either of the ability rare if u like but one of them shud be there ingame.

Please consider it.

Synchronize maybe but no for Swarm.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.