Things that are not to be introduced in PRO

Red

1. 1.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Synchronize to be in the list considering other abilities that attract wild pokemon already their. And as for Fly, making it member exclusive is a no-go at all. A cooldown like system for fly would make it reasonable considering HOW LARGE the map of the game. Maybe something like 6 hours cooldown for free while 1 hour cool down for those who donated. This will make more members donate while those who won't will play the game with the restriction yet it wont restrict the interest on both.

• 2 weeks later...
16687 Me and Red were discussing the possibility of making fly a donation based ability, by using donation coins as currency for fly usage. (We would still give out the HM in the standard way, but when you go to use it out of battle, it would pop up with a dialogue box similar to surf but will ask for an amount of coins to use.

This may sound like a bit harsh but i believe this is the only way to ensure that fly is balanced and a sought after feature (bear in mind anyone can actually earn donation coins throughout general gameplay, its just a whole lot harder to get than just donating).

i hink that is WAY too p2p i mean i can deal with no fly but making it donation based is ridiculous imo that means people who don't want to waste all of their money on a game they need to pay 7,5k every time bc no fly

I don't know what is the problem about fly.

From Pokemon yellow to pokemon hg/ss fly works like it does. I'm afraid i don't understand why are you talking about "balance" and "unbalance". Fly won´t unbalance the game, and it's not hard to get it.

"If you fly/use dig/use teleport you lave less % to find a shiny, and you will find less wild pokemons/fight less trainers" LOL

If you would like to train your pokemons, you will walk on grass/use surf. If you would like to have a shiny you will do the same. If you want to fight trainers, you will visit every route. But don't blame fly.

If i want to go to a city, and i want to get there fast, i will avoid grass, trainers and i will use repel if i think that is necessary, and a lot of people do the same.

Would breed system break the game? Yes, it would.

Would fly break the game? No, it won't

I should say that this comment is my opinion, so it's my point of view, but, frankly, it's the reality.

Guest Ucfknight92

For any new MMO, the ability to get to any area quickly is extremely important, as being able to interact with other players quickly is vital. I currently play FFXIV A Realm Reborn, where in each area you attune to a crystal and are then allowed to teleport to that crystal for a small fee. Outdated MMOs are the ones that force you to travel for extended periods of time, and that model has been ditched. As the world continues to expand in Pokemon Revolution, it will become more and more vital. Fly should 100% be implemented, with each fly carrying a small fee, as pokemon centers are comparative to crystals in FFXIV. It should not be able to break the economy, and if being able to fly is capable of breaking it, that just means something needs to be adjusted as the economy is not stable. Player convenience for such a basic mechanic present in modern MMOs trumps everything else.

And stating that making people walk through grass will bring an influx of shinies into the world, thus improving the economy? NO MMO forces you to craft, or fish, hunt rare monsters, or do sidequests/mini games, and you basically said that we're being forced into finding shinies is ridiculous. If people want to hunt for shinies, they can, but do not subject other people to that. And if you really want more shinies out there, increase the shiny rate, do not manually force players into finding them behind inconvenient walls. Otherwise, leave it as it is and those who want shinies will hunt them, and reap the benefits.

• 2 weeks later...
Me and Red were discussing the possibility of making fly a donation based ability, by using donation coins as currency for fly usage. (We would still give out the HM in the standard way, but when you go to use it out of battle, it would pop up with a dialogue box similar to surf but will ask for an amount of coins to use.

This may sound like a bit harsh but i believe this is the only way to ensure that fly is balanced and a sought after feature (bear in mind anyone can actually earn donation coins throughout general gameplay, its just a whole lot harder to get than just donating).

Just no. Give us an ingame money sink or maybe even a cool down or something. But make making fly another "pay to have the game a lot easier than it is for non members but not p2w" is a really bad idea.

Do you think people are going to want to have to travel for possibly hours worth of time just to make a simple trade, battle or meet up with team members? The answer is no. Hindering fly to an essentially member feature would be a bad choice in respect to your whole player base in terms of how you want the game to be played. Essentially solo, with some player interaction, or a pokemon MMO, where people need to be able to meet up and trade, battle, or catch pokemon. You can't treat fly like you would in most MMOs because in pokemon the pokemon from previous areas can still be needed, and need to meet up with players who arent as far as you, without it taking an extreme amount of time

I agree with Jate, this game is showing actual potential- But it's when those types of features that are added that scare off people who just want to play pokemon with friends. Fly is pretty much the one of the mechanics players rely on most- both starting the game and ending it. Putting even the smallest of fees or adding a donation-based cooldown is adding up to an expensive travel route for trades by itself. And I'm sure I speak for some when I say that adding this would only cause frustration other than an actual obstacle of sorts.

There are some valid points for the fly topic,but all in all i hope donating members in the end don't get such an edge up on regular members when it comes down to it.I can understand sinkholes and the such but we must also remain realistic to the regular players as well,at least that is just my opinion on the matter.

ZKAvvyj.gif iZ83Tde.gif?1

• 4 weeks later...

Wait I am confused will fly be usable for transport or not... because I will seriously cry if it isn't ;p

Okay just hear me out:

"1- You can farm money while going from point X to Point Y."

True but sometimes I don't have the patience or carefactor to walk from point X to Y especially if its a long distance

"2- You'll have more chance to encounter a shiny on your way rather than flying there faster."

A lot of players really don't care that much and I personally will take fast transport over a shiny...

"3- There are some NPC mechanics that work based on your "been playing for" time. This will increase their chances on getting a proper reward."

Fair enough

"4- You'll have a better chance to catch a suitable Pokemon for competitive use if you're using correct methods."

Yes but... what if I just want to follow the story side of the game then walking everywhere becomes a drag and suddenly I lose interest?

"5- Once a player will realize this, they will try to find methods to exploit this for their use. The only one i have found is MS usage, doubles the payout & exp.

Basically you will be promoting playing the game and every player will be rewarded the more they play."

Same thing that I said about option 4 if there is no fly and payout/exp isn't their 100% priority then this becomes a drag and their interest will start to dwindle. I understand the need for an MMO to have players playing the game more but that also involves keeping their attention.

Personally your I think your 1 con easily outweighs your 5 pros. I just can't imagine a good pokemon game without fly!

PS I am sorry if Fly is already in the game or something, I had a quick look on forms and couldn't find anything, also haven't reached that point in-game. I am looking for the best pokemon mmo and so far this one is by far the best but without 'fly' I just can't see myself wanting to spend time doing quests etc