Things that are not to be introduced in PRO

Red

1. 1.

Sorry then for not knowing we couldn't discuss that, and instead of explaining to me, you just go saying: "There is no NEED for breeding there are just people wanting it, and if we don't want it ingame it won't be there."

Breeding doesn't work in an MMO environment.

I'll make a rundown of things that will suck about breeding:

1) It will be too strong and make copies of rare pokemon with 6x31 IVs, devaluing every pokemon in the game

2) Or it will be so weak that no one uses it and it's useless

As a result of these, breeding will either be the central point of the game, or be a useless function that no one ever uses, and therefore, pointless to even create.

3) Waiting for eggs or walking around to hatch eggs isn't amazing gameplay, in fact, it sucks

4) Breeding will make "event" pokemon redundant. If for example, a pokemon is introduced in a limited way for limited time, before it's official introduction, breeding makes this event useless and said pokemon can just be recreated for ever

5) Breeding will devalue everything in the game up to that moment. Every pokemon everyone has up to the point breeding was released, will become redundant

Breeding is not good for an MMO environment. It happened before in another Pokemon MMO, which I won't name but surely many know, possibly even the devs of this one, and it launched the game into free fall. It simply destroyed the gameplay, the competitive scene, and the longlasting appeal.

At least catching pokemon and visiting different areas of the game contributes to gameplay instead of walking randomly. Not to mention that randomized IVs from catching pokemon promotes a healthier economy, avoid the creation of "god" pokemon.

Also, to one of your earlier posts, no one was rude to you. You said this was a place for discussion, well, I have yet to see any argument made for breeding. There's no point in it, anything that breeding accomplishes can be replaced by something else. Abilities? Make them all available in the wild. Moves? Make them as TMs or purchasable, obtainable as held items in caught pokemon, etc. Perfect IVs? That's not something you will want in the first place.

Breeding is not good for an MMO. Period.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys really want this game to become Pay 4 Win?

Donating users already have huge benefits in this game, I see NO reason to make Fly require coins. It would totally crush this game. Also what are people going to do when you release new regions? Spend 1 hour just to get from Kanto to Hoenn?

And what's next, pay coins for walking? Fly MUST be in this game and MUST work like it worked in the handhelds, also if people can't freely fly it makes it impossible for us to complete trade.

"WTS Charizard" "Hey mate I want to buy, where are you?" "I'm at Celadon" "Oh I'm at New Bark Town, can you fly to me? I've finished my coins" "So do I, nevermind"

This would totally happen ALWAYS. Please think about it. Don't ruin this game with this non sense.

True. But also has anyone considered trolling in the context of not being able to fly? (I'm gonna borrow your words emperior for another example)

"WTS Charizard"

"Hey mate I want to buy, where are you?"

"I'm at Celadon"

"Oh I'm at New Bark Town, can you come to me?"

"Sure"

*5 minutes later*

Where the heck are they?

Nowhere, because the seller got trolled.

That would be really, really super annoying and once someone has trolled you and you've wasted all that time traveling from point A to possibly farthest point away B, are you gonna trust anyone for a trade ever again? I dunno, just something I thought of that I think its worth considering.

I heavily agree with your post. This would be extremely annoying.

I really don't see the reasoning behind why FLY won't be implemented out of battle. I've yet to read something convincing enough to support this. You've already decided to remove Pay Day, Amulet Coin, and breeding. Those I'd have to say are the top 3 money makers. What's next, removing trading so that people will stop hoarding the large amounts of money they receive from trading Pokes?

What about implementing FLY so that you can quickly get to train stations or the other transportation systems you decide place in-game? This can still support Neltharion's "PROS" because you can FLY to the station but you'd still have to walk/ride back to wherever you came from or somewhere else, thus you'd still be able to grind, frolick in the grass, encounter shinies, accumulate in-game time, do quests etc... But still, without Pay Day, Amulet Coin, and breeding, I don't see how much of a hindrance/con that FLY could be.

Furthermore, Arnie, the idea of making FLY usable with coins actually seems more like a ploy in encouraging people to spend money.. Plus, consider the fact that many and I mean MANY people are extremely lazy (counting myself) and won't want to search high and low for the mysterious NPCs around that map that want us to do quests for coins when we can just spend money to FLY. That means more money income for you guys because lazy people would actually be spending real live money to use a feature that should be free. Is this starting to sound like Pay to Win yet? It also sounds like "less in-game money for the players, more real money for us). I hope this idea isn't implemented. I feel like the more you restrict players from certain things will make the game the opposite of fun and exciting. The game will be boring and time consuming, and it'll just leak players dry from the non-excitement. All that will be going for the game is the beautiful design of it and some new things you've added.

I know that not everything that is good for the players is good for the game, but that doesn't mean you have to turn something that's not bad for the game into something that's not good for the player either. Basically, bad for the game = bad for the player. If you're going to take out Pay Day, Amulet Coin, and Breeding (for obvious reasons that I've come to agree with) then don't remove fly all-together or make it a pay-to-win option, just find a good use for it. You guys have created a game that's pleasing to the eye, stunning in design really and original so far, don't ruin it. Remember you DEVS don't have to make all the hard decisions, we the players are more than happy to spew out our opinions for you, if it will help. :)

71r62p.jpg

Creds to CarlosAST for the sig ^.^

In regards to trading as someone mention previously a trading hub of some sort would help remedy the situation. It could just be a specific location that we can teleport to etc. that serves no other purpose than being able to meet people to trade with. Further in regards to trains etc. it would be interesting if players would have to wait for trains e.g. they arrive and depart every 10 minutes giving it a more realistic feel, however players wanting to get from one place to another swiftly might find this annoying.

Guest AizenSosuke
Discus about things you think that shouldn't be in PRO due to having an MMO setup. I am going to help you in order to spark good discussion. Note that if we deem your suggestion valid enough or majority people agrees with it, chances are, that we might put it in the "NOT TO BE INTRODUCED" list;

Anyway here is an example;

Teleport : Out of battle effect not working / Can escape wild battles / Cannot be used in PvP

- Wont be making teleport to work out of battle. Reason; Well, kills point of Escape rope which is priced at 550pd I believe. Average usage of escape ropes per day is counted in hundreds at least given somewhat decent user online count. Say it is 300, which is funny low. 300x550=165000. 165k of a daily sinkhole over something that we don't need is good. Give it a year and you get 60225000 of pds. 60225000 millions of pds will be trashed away and it makes very good sinkhole. If we are to introduce the teleport outside of a battle, which takes 15 seconds we would simply give effortless money to people due to our fault as we make someone rich. Heavily against this. I can draw you graph I have in my head for this though. Can't beat the actual statistics and physics based on the true events. It does not fail.

Nikola, what is your opinion about introducing fly ingame to work outside of a battle? Isn't this even worse than teleport outside of a battle????

Fly being very dangerous and probably the worst thing anti-sinkhole is a logical conclusion everyone normal would make. However; I have every single formula and graph in my head done for this setup. For example, fly wouldn't be much of a issue because fly can't take you on exclusive and far away map, we have cable cars for it. Cable cars, boats and trains all cost money and they are supposed to take you there where fly wouldn't be able to, such as trainer valley, love island and so on. Fly being disabled or Enabled wouldn't make any difference. In fact, it would be counter productive. Why counter productive? Because you can't fast fly on the maps where you will spend pds for ferry, train or cable car to travel = more money spent, much faster. Walking on the foot or driving bike would bring up the time as a variable to determinate the sinkhole. Obviously you will need a lot of time to travel from point X to Y which means less money spent. Absorbing what I've just said; on the way to point Y, you may even get "lucky" and induce shiny or two into the economy. Fly itself will make sure that those chances are decreased because you don't need to walk around the grass and what not. That is the difference between sinkhole and affordable feature which won't result in a mess. Actually, this very affordable feature will turn into proper sinkhole. There is a difference between regular sinkhole and looping sinkhole that will always work and circulate things naturally. And as said, it can only make people to spend more. All it takes is designing a graph in your head and do the logical mathematics, probability and what ifs.

LIST OF THINGS ARE NOT CERTAIN TO EVER BE IN THE GAME; note; You can always discus about these below.

[spoil]

• breeding
    payday
    Teleport outside of a battle
    Dig outside of a battle - Reason; Dmleev made PC floor made of steel. Impossible to dig.
    sweet scent
    No Guard (will have in battle effect but won't be effective outside of battle
    Amulet Coin (might be ingame but it won't increase the money gain)
    Swarm (wont have any effect outside of a battle)
    Illuminate (wont have any effect outside of a battle).
    Arena Trap ( wont have any effect outside of a battle).
    Intimidate ( wont have any effect outside of a battle)
    Keen Eye (wont have any effect outside of a battle)
    Static (wont have any effect outside of a battle)
    Magnet Pull (wont have any effect outside of a battle)
    Synchronize (MIGHT not have any effect outside of a battle. pondering more to yes)
    Suction Cups (wont have any effect outside of a battle)
    Sticky Hold (wont have any effect outside of a battle)
    Hustle (Wont have any effect outside of a battle)
    Lucky egg (wont have boost exp effect)
    Pressure (Wont have any effect outside of a battle)
    Vital Spirit (Wont have any effect outside of a battle)
    Sand Veil (won have any effect outside of a battle)
    Snow Cloak (won't have any effect outside of a battle)
    Quick Feet (wont have any effect outside of a battle)
    Flame Body and Magma Armour (wont have any effect outside of a battle)
    White Smoke (wont have any effect outside of a battle

[/spoil]

I like all of this. A good MMO would be set up exactly as you'd described.

• 3 weeks later...

Suggesting that Fly is to be implemented using coins only is just a really, really bad idea. You're essentially going to lock features behind a paywall, and allowing MS to access them just to appease them. Doubling money gain and having access to MS only pokemon is already beneficial enough.

If economy is your main concern, then it either IS or IS NOT in the game.

I have read somewhere that you where currently working on a solution for fly, by re-doing the PC's and implementing the carts to go though to travel from PC to PC. Is that something you are still working/looking to work towards?

It's a subway system, which I think will connect every PC to each other.

And yes, it'll be implemented for sure.

SweetieSerena.gif

[glow=green]

Made by Somes, Killua, mixunli and CarlosAST

<i>[/glow]</i>

What about being able to sell unwanted items (aside from things like nuggets and star pieces) to mart NPC?

Items like spare vitamins ans recovery items, I mean.

Many players want to buy them for cheap, so you can sell them to other players by giving those item to useless pokes and trade them.

SweetieSerena.gif

[glow=green]

Made by Somes, Killua, mixunli and CarlosAST

<i>[/glow]</i>

• 2 weeks later...