Things that are not to be introduced in PRO

Red

1. 1.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT seems like the main reason for allowing or avoiding features in the game is to avoid inflation. Inflation is definitely a concern with any MMO. Fly is something that can hurt the economy, or it could be used to help. People are seeing fly as something you throw on your pokemon and warp to another location. Why not make it an item that you buy from a shop similar to teleport, but much more expensive. This would deter newer players from flying all over, and drain some of the money from people who have too much. You could also add the item to the cash shop for people who wish to donate for an upper hand early on. I think Arnie is onto something, but not allowing FTP people would make them feel as if members have an edge on them.

I understand and appreciate how much this game fallows the hand held versions, but no matter how you look at it, this game is an original piece of work. Pokemon has never been done into an MMO as far as I know, and is going to require more money eaters because of the larger player base. Areas such as the "Safari Zone" grabs the attention of people, hunting pokemon and forces the money out of their pockets. Having more area's, competitions, shops, usable items, and reasons to use these items may help the economy. Because it is an MMO we are going to need reason's, especially the older players, to have the money ripped out of our pockets and returned to the game. I can only see this done with something new that would require us to spend our money repeatedly.

Please DO NOT crucify me for suggesting this, but the escape rope as you said costs around 550 as of right now, which is not much money at all considering how fast we can pocket it. Just EV training a few pokemon has already netter me around 80k, making that 550 not much of a purchase. Decreasing the money gained or increasing things like the price of pokeballs would surely help keep a stable economy as well as make pokemon slightly more valuable due to less people throwing a ball at anything that moves.

The reason I am focusing this post about the economy is simple. The main reason we avoid things in MMO's is to avoid the destruction of the economy. We need something that will make it so the developers can untie there hands from their back's and give them free roam to do what they have been doing, and that is to expand on an already amazing game. I think we need not focus on what shouldn't be aloud because that just hinders the creativity of you guys, instead a suggest we pool the community together to make something that feels like the old game we love, but with a twist of something new.

One thing that comes to mind that has been in the pokemon series since it has began is battle competitions. In-fact some of the player base plays for the thrill of battling players alone. Creating an arena that would cost an entree fee would be a great way for elitists to spend their money and be happy doing it.

Instead of avoiding things to avoid sinkholes, put a twist on them to turn them into money sucking machines XD

Thank you to all the developers working hard to make the pokemon MMO dream come true and I wish everyone a happy holiday XD

i know it isnt negotiable but this is how i see breeding.. if at any point in the game breeding is released.. pokemon should only be allowed to be bred one time, not with a ditto unless it is another ditto, and pokemon hatched from an egg cannot be used for breeding, ivs would only slightly go up if at all and cannot go above lets say 10-20(randomly lower number if some ivs are already higher than 20), natures should be random, and breeding should only produce a shiny at a very small chance if both parents are shiny. and if it is still considered a potential game breaker.. make one or both of the pokemon "run away" after breeding(breeder can "lose track of pokemon" and its a random risk).

this would allow for a few things to happen, 1 it could be made challenging to obtain pokemon that can only be hatched, 2 the ability to give event pokemon out as eggs or even marked as having bred before/unable to breed at all, 3 giant gold sink for those that would want to obtain a shiny pokemon in this way with halfway decent ivs(i only fear for the shinies safety after being... :Frown: ), 4 it would only produce a well rounded pokemon that isnt a monster.

enough on that though since it would actually require a lot of work..

on to flying.. if flying itself is the gold sink then it wont be worth using it often. you would have to make the gold sink come soon after flying or in another form such as a license to buy somewhere to allow you to fly outside of battle that costs roughly 100-200k. it means if you want that quick traveling ability you have to pay for it up front.

lastly to actually argue against something that shouldnt happen, no exp share or at least not the same strength it had in handheld games. people may hate my opinion on this but making it easier to train a pokemon in any way aside from a small exp boost here and there is asking for trouble. for simplicity trainee is the pokemon being trained, trainer is the pokemon being used, and enemy is one of the pokemon being fought.

if it is put in it shouldnt work on a trainee with more than a 10 level difference from the trainer. i say this because exp share was used in a few games to allow easy/fast ev training of multiple pokemon, as well as faster access to areas that would give more money. it makes it too easy to train in higher level areas without the risk. it can also be a potential disaster for ev training if you forget your trainee has it on before being fully trained... i have done that before in one of my games... of course if it is put in and limited the way i suggest the trainee should still gain exp the exp already gained from seeing an enemy and not fainting although that extra exp should be capped to a certain extent if exp share is working.

sorry for the long post :)

I agree that breeding will broken game economy, since will be much more easy duplicate good rare pokes, however do you intend to implement any other alternative way for adquire egg moves, since there are a lot of pokemons who can't use their full potential by the lacks of such moves.

Hello guys. I looked every message relating to breeding (yeah, don't hit me, I know, but there is something I want to talk about it)

First of all, i want to make sure about the reason you don't want it :

- Economy breaker : Rare pokes will not be rare if you can "create" 100 of them just by breeding.

- IVs management : We will all be with 6*31 IVs poke that will disable all the fun of making the hunt and building team according to strength and weakness.

(Maybe I forget something, tell me either)

The reasons for why someone would have a breeding system :

- Starting uping un pokemon from lvl 5 : I guess it's not many player that like that, but I do

- IVs management : Ok, understand that it's not "possible"

- Mass reproduction : Same as IS management

- New capacity for breed : If it's 100% sure that a pokemon can learn the exact same capacity with capacity learner that with breeding, nevermind about it, it's all good

- The pleasure of rising a whole new pokemon from the egg to lvl 100 (?) : Dunno, it's maybe possible

- It's implement a whole other system of "things I can do" when I don't want to lvl up, farm a rare poke, up EVs. Someone said that walking around for a poke to "born" is annoying. I'm not agree. It is if you do only that. But who will do that?

Ok so now, my point is :

It's been 270hours i'm playing PRO. I have some rare pokes, I have a team lvl100, i'm building an "optimal" team regarding about IVs and nature, uping EVs smartly and anything. But I started to be tired of that. I can fight bosses, but when it's done, I have to wait 2weeks to fight bosses I already defeated. What can I do? Shiny hunt? I never met a single one since I started the game.

A breeding-like system will be a new thing to do.

But also, i'm agree that the actual breending system isn't possible in a MMO. There is too much thing that are too much powerful (did I said too much? oh, yeah, I did)

Why not change this, "deleting" some features, but granted the possibly to have "something else to do" with a reproductive system?

I explain myself :

- Breeding will make the economy fall into depravacy and can kill the game? Make the pokemons disable for trades (dunno if it's easy, well you created xmas pokes, I mind if it's possible to do the same things, according to the "impossibility" to trade like kanto's poke when you don't have the 8ths badge of johto)

- IVs management will make the pokes too strong? Make a total random IVs generation (exactly like when you met one in the wild)

- Rarity will be lost? If you can't trade, it doesn't matters, and for rares one, a longer time for the poke to come out of his egg

- You can also maybe disable the breeding-capacity learnable if you absolutely want we buy them from a capacity learner

And after that, we have a new features that will not break the entire game, and give for the ones who want to use it, something to do.

I propably missed some things, if it is, sorry.

Finally, I understand you said " breeding WILL NEVER BE IN PRO ".

I will say : let's take that not like breeding, but like an other reproduction system that will give me something to do when i'm tired of training pokes :P

(And i'm very sorry for putting it again in front of all, it was something i was wondering. Maybe it's really difficult to do, and if the idea give you any envy to do it, but there's a lot of thing to do before, I'm okay, but please, don't "NEVER" me :( )

Thanks for reading O/

So, Fly is still open to discussion? Because I haven't seen a post of the admins on these last pages and I would like that. So, one question, are the Devs still thinking about trading and battling without having to be on the same map as the other player?

</B>

~ THE Champ of SkyHorizon ~

~ Competitive player since 2013 ~

Feel free to add me in-game if you feel like it.

<B>My Kanto team. Actually leveling up and hunting. (3DS/2DS friend code also in the card, feel free to add me there too!)

xaU23Ko.png

CrystalPoke 2016 ~ Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That should be the only perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with the most powerful Pokémon. Like, what the hell are you going to do with a Bidoof. ~ CrystalPoke 2016

Hey guys, i just joined a week ago~ and realized, i cant go to johto without missing the xmas event which is really sad at all..

Im sure it isnt that hard to just make a copy of the event area and post it to johto aswell, im not talking about a spot in johto that teleports you to kanto, which could hurt the server, just an exact copy of it in both regions so people can access it while beeing in any region.. Even if they are stuck at any gym.

I thought that would help everyone alot =))

Also what do you think about a ref system? For example, 7 of my friends already joined PRO and if you/we still need people to play PRO im sure everyone would tell their friend to join with a ref system, even without they would tell them to join like i did.. but why wouldnt you reward them with a litte bit?

I dont know what they could get, it should be like "oh this guy made some refs thats why hes so op now". more like "oh this guy has a yellow? pokeball" which looks cool but nothing more and isnt tradable

Hope you get my ideas and find them atleast a bit good for our PRO server!

Greetings and have good new year everybody!!

• 3 weeks later...