Boss revamp; Opinions here

Eaty

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would appreciate if you read it to the end. It can affect u aswell.

My detailed opinion about the changes.

Difficulty Levels:

I agree with the Easy difficulty. Sligthly stronger seems ok and is a challenge after u have done the story.

Medium: Pokemon have 252 EVs (slightly stronger than current bosses).

Hard: Pokemon have 400 EVs (slightly harder than current superbosses).

I dont agree with the medium and hard difficulty. The fact that a poke has 252 evs on every stat makes it unfair.

The enemy Pokemon is bulky, fast and dangerous because of the high atk/spatk stats. The fact that a enemy Poke can use moves to make it even stronger makes it even more dangerous. Few Example: There is a few pokes that uses 1hko moves like Machamp, Lapras and Walrein from a few bosses. Lapras and Walrein are tanky and will survive a attack from u for sure or even more. 1hko moves is based on level difference. A "nerf" of the level to downgrade all boss pokes to lvl 100 would solve the problem. Or you put the accuracy of the 1hko moves to 30 acc or you completely remove them from the movepool. Pokemon that doesnt outspeed u in general will outspeed you because it has additional speed on evs. The common way to beat a boss is the usage of setup mons. The bag ban is not necessary and unfair aswell. I agree with the point of NamelessHero27. Bosses crits and burns way 2 many times which makes ur poke useless. The ev changes on a few pokes are unbelievable. Especially on pokes with a high base stat on every stat. In combination with abilitys can be broken aswell. Unaware with a boost on every stat is incredible. So you need to take the best counter against that poke which cant kill you instantly. Which takes 1 slot out of 6 already.

The hard difficulty is even more broken.

The stats should be tested with different teams and different evs. It is way easier to judge if u can compare. (btw i would appreciate it Wally if you give me the opportunity to be a tester aswell) I have a lot of ingame hours and i did my bosses frequently.

I would appreciate a nerf of this current difficultys. A balanced evs on the difficulty look like this:

Medium: 252 Evs on atk and spatk and 100 on every other stat which makes a total EV of: 904

The hard difficulty should be a challenge for advanced trainers.

Hard: 400 Evs on atk and Spatk and 200 on every other Stat which makes a total EV of: 1600

All difficultys should have a cap of lvl 100. No 1hko moves. Hard should own some pokes with haste or something like that to avoid a sweep from a set up mon like snorlax or any other mon. And all pokemon should have the best possible nature and ability. Focus sash shouldnt be a holdable item for bosses. It could take down the natural counter of that poke.

Eggs:

Sounds ok. No opinion and experience about this so i will skip this point.

No guaranteed shiny rewards:

Have nothing to add. Sounds good i also agree with this point. Trash and not usable shiny or no shiny doesnt make a big difference.

Remove PvP Coin items:

Makes sense. Pvp Exclusive should be PvP Exclusive. Maybe there is a option to make PvE items? :thinking: So people should be rewarded to do PvE.

Consumables should still drop cause u can use them in PvE aswell.

Restriction for Bosses:

Kinda sad that there is no Mega anymore. Maybe there should be 1 in the hard difficulty.

A maximum of 2 legendary Pokemon. Sounds good but is still op if u have a arceus or a unaware mewtwo or a shadow lugia against u. Maybe u can compensate this with balanced legendarys in team.

Shiny or form Pokemon. Well idk sounds deco for me. Shiny or not shiny. If they have the same stats doesnt make a change at all. The different is just different. You can also make all pokes shinys. Wouldnt make a different for me.

Teams should be discussed with testers that has a lot of experience. Hope u make a few conditions to select good tester. For example at least 2000h of playtime or w/e.

Customize text is a deco point again. Would be good but not necessary at all. Its just something for the eye.

The rewards:

This is the most important point of this post. We do bosses to get some rewards so the best comes at the end. Well lets start.

I dont agree with the tier rewards. I had a post earlier.

Boss rewards shouldnt be rng based! There should be no chance to get this or this. If you do easy u get a random reward from the easy tier. If you do medium difficulty u should get a random reward from the medium tier. And for hard obviously the same. This tiers gives a big variety to the rewards. The tiers could be different by item values, how many u get and the rarity or the Poke eggs u can get. Like a tier 1-4 poke from easy difficulty. 5-7 in medium and 8-9+ tier pokes in the hard difficulty. Or based on item values and how much you can get from each item. U have a lot more selection on every boss and different rewards. Specific bosses (Brock etc) should still drop specific and themed rewards.

A 60% chance (hard difficulty) to get a tier 1 is waaaaay to unfair. You can find a detailed opinion in a post earlier from me.

Good and average player shouldnt be punished for doing the hardest difficulty. They should be rewarded. They put way more afford into it. Spent more time and think about strategies and so on.

There should be also money tiers. Easy should have a random drop rate between 2 price ranges. It could look like this:

Easy: 5-10k (300k-600k)

Medium: 15-20k (900k-1,2m)

Hard: 25-30k (1,5m-1,8m)

This is what i think about the current boss changes. Its one of the less motivations i still play this game. So i need to say something before people with less playtime and no experience about bosses ruines me that motivation aswell.

I like that u want to change something but do it in a right and balanced way and dont take the last motivation from many players. It could give the game a new freshness. It could also help the economy which is pretty much rip.

If you find any grammatical mistakes, misspellings etc. keep it for u and thank you for reading this post.

Greetings

Edited by CyBeR54
  • Like 4

It's good to know that eggs will be syncable.

I would only like to suggest, increase hard mode rewards. It's not certain that you will win every time in hard mode, 1 crit from boss and your whole strategy will be void and bosses have insane luck with crits from my experience. So you will definitely not be making 1.2-2.4m as stated.

Also 60 bosses is a bit too much imo, i would rather fight 40 bosses for 30-60k and decent other rewards.

• Like 1

I like this changes, just maybe the difficulty of Hard bosses maybe to change. We have to remind that bosses like hax. So i don't like the idea of not using items, 3-4 consecutives crits can happen quick :(

And reduce the number of bosses, we have a lot now. I prefer seeing the total amount of money we gain on bosses reduced than doing bosses all the time instead of playing PRO. Actually, bosses are the best way to make money, it's hard to not do it.

• Like 1

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9

IN MY OPINION.. bosses are there to help 200-600h ish players that want to get into pvp, its a way to get items, money and maybe nice mons. So the idea of giving eggs away that arent syncable and the money nerf seems wrong for me.

edit: In my humble opinion. I think if u wanna make the game grow more you u gotta find a way to get people into pvp faster cause its what most of the players are here for. Sorry if im being disrespectfull, I love the idea of the bosses revamp!

I've only 245h so maybe experienced players think differently!

I totally agree in the pvp part. I'm no new player but I'd love to see newer players get more interested in pvp. If you want, you can support the thread I made for it.

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/index.php?threads/a-more-detailed-explanation-of-why-would-setting-pokémon-levels-to-50-in-unranked-would-be-a-positive-change.105996/

Regarding the bosses, I think the prizes are ok, however, I think money prize shouldn't be nerfed, and eggs should be syncable, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Change is good, but i like the themed rewards better ;p

Also, JessieJames boss should also have a warning, newbies that just finished kanto and wanted to try bosses might get discouraged if they lose and have their money stolen.

HARD MODE... Challenge Accepted!!

bm6qwu4.gif

[glow=black]Im not a scammer, Im willing to help >:^)[/glow]9fW5vTq.jpg

possible at least in hard mode
This one is like, cmon, many ppl here are complainning about how hard it will be to beat bosses in hard mode, and u want to buff them even more?

I actually agree with allaammoorr. A great example of this is the super boss right now. It was difficult for many people, but once someone learned it could be basically solo'd by a slowbro its actually one of the more easy to defeat bosses. If you add another 100 evs per win, there will eventually be a point at which you absolutely must change your strategy to defeat it or it because too difficult (which is not a bad thing).

• Like 1
E6W75Tu.png

decrease the money reward from the bosses , 800k every 2 weeks is fine , f u made 1.2m-2.4m it will ruin the economy , everyone will be rich without actually having to do any effort , everyone will switch to bosses for cash earnings and not hunt and trade , prices will increase absurdly ...so no , good call on removing shiny chance tho

• Like 1

I think the tier 1 chance for medium and especially hard bosses is too high. Other than that: Great! I really like the planned changes. Just one thing I'd like to add: Please remove useless pokes from bosses (e.g. Erika's Ludicolo), or give them proper moves so they are of use for the boss. Also, I'd like if the boss pokes had different movesets so they are less predictable. I wouldn't mind if all bosses had different teams, too (like Neroli). Would spice the whole thing up a little.