Boss revamp; Opinions here

Eaty

• Developer

As many of you didn't fully understand how it was meant, we give a short explanation of some things.

Difficulty levels:

Easy: Pokemon have no EVs (slightly stronger than E4).

Medium: Pokemon have 252 EVs (slightly stronger than current bosses).

Hard: Pokemon have 400 EVs (slightly harder than current superbosses).

Eggs:

- Eggs will be sync- and tradable.

- You will probably be able to buy eggs with PvE Coins.

- Eggs will be named after the Pokemon that's in the egg, so it's not mysterious at all (Charmander Egg for example).

No guaranteed shiny rewards:

- This does not mean you don't have any shiny chance for eggs.

- Pokemon that can only be shiny as a reward (Magikarp for example) will be removed.

Remove PvP Coin items:

- We are talking about Choice Scarf and PvP shop exclusive mounts.

- Consumable will still be obtainable.

Restriction for bosses:

This only counts for bosses and not for the players.

That means bosses can not have megas or more than 2 legendaries anymore.

Rewards:

- Obviously, not all bosses will have the same eggs and items as rewards.

- 20-40k money rewards might be a nerf for some bosses but a buff overall.

You currently get around $800.000 for a boss run while it will change to 1,2-2,4m afterwards (as we have around 60 bosses).

- You can get the same rewards at every difficulty level, the chance to get a higher tier rewards raises with the difficulty level.

- Bosses such as Brock will still keep Fossils etc. Those rewards are just an example to understand the concept.

The money reward from 5-26k will be changed from 12-30k.

• Like 11

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many of you didn't fully understand how it was meant, we give a short explanation of some things.

Difficulty levels:

Easy: Pokemon have no EVs (slightly stronger than E4).

Medium: Pokemon have 252 EVs (slightly stronger than current bosses).

Eggs:

- Eggs will be sync- and tradable.

- You will probably be able to buy eggs with PvE Coins.

- Eggs will be named after the Pokemon that's in the egg, so it's not mysterious at all (Charmander Egg for example).

No guaranteed shiny rewards:

- This does not mean you don't have any shiny chance for eggs.

- Pokemon that can only be shiny as a reward (Magikarp for example) will be removed.

Remove PvP Coin items:

- We are talking about Choice Scarf and PvP shop exclusive mounts.

- Consumable will still be obtainable.

Restriction for bosses:

This only counts for bosses and not for the players.

That means bosses can not have megas or more than 2 legendaries anymore.

Rewards:

- Obviously, not all bosses will have the same eggs and items as rewards.

You currently get around $800.000 for a boss run while it will change to 1,2-2,4m afterwards (as we have around 60 bosses).

- You can get the same rewards at every difficulty level, the chance to get a higher tier rewards raises with the difficulty level.

- Bosses such as Brock will still keep Fossils etc. Those rewards are just an example to understand the concept.

The money reward from 5-26k will be changed from 12-30k.

1-There should be something else in return after changing no guranteed shiny rewards,increasing the shiny chance might suffice for it

2-Decrease the tier 1 reward rate for hardest difficulty even more or increase the tier 3 reward rate more for the highest difficulty

3-About the restrictions or requirements being removed as said in the previous post,will this mean the bosses that didnt allow you to use a certain type of pokes will be usable?

4-For medium difficulty will the item usability for the npc change or is it still in a way that the npc pokemons will be able to hold items?

These are the questions that first come into the mind when i first read this.

To make boss drops rng based is the worst thing u can do. Rng is not fair. 60% t1 chance for doing the hardest boss isn't fair imo. U can compare it to a toge flinch. And we all know how often a toge flinches. I would highly appreciate if u add specific drops for each difficulty. It is unfair for the guys that goes for the hardest difficulty. Easy difficulty shouldn't be able to get any t3 rewards. And hardest shouldn't be able to get any t1 reward. The fact that this is rng is not balanced and I will promise u if you don't change this the boss revamp will be bad and many players will loose the motivation to play this game.

Greetings from a guy that has ~4,5k hours

• Like 9

Difficulty levels:

My suggestion would be 300 EVs so in total would have 600 EVs, and we cant use Items. I believe 400 EVs are ALOT from 252 to 400 .... why not 300? still hard but not as hard.

Rewards:

Again, indeed its a buff overall, but i believe its not worth.

As it is now, where u have 60 bosses, but only 20 gives you decent cash + decent rewards + they are located in places not hard to reach. Because if u change dificulty, buff slightly the bosses that most ppl do even do, and nerf those that everyone does, u still think it will be a buff? Again Overall might be, but in reality it wont. To do all 60 bosses, which they are spread the whole map, takes time + harder matches will imply more time, AND since bosses got buffed hard, only stall/some strats will be effective to beat them. All of these things will lead to waste time, as it is now it takes almost a full day to beat every boss.

Suggestion: Either Buff rewards by removing some bosses (lets say former staffers, anything) so u keep the overall cash, with less bosses. Change Locations so everyboss is located in a City/Town or near by. And i think that we could use the House located at Lavander Town, to implement there some new bosses (Champions of ea Montly Tournament) but all gather in the same place.

PS: Plz remove the Mecha Mewtwo, i belive is stupidly strong

• Like 1

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

Currently, I don’t find bosses fun or useful to do (except from bosses you must win against for dex data or story progress). Many of us like the game as it is because we find at least one aspect interesting : for me it’s hunting godly pokemons to enhance my pvp teams, for others it could be trade pokemons to make more and more money etc. If you want to encourage people to fight bosses, in my opinion that’s not the good way to do it. « Force » people to use stall team (because there’s no other way to run all bosses without it being a waste of time AND money) to win such uninteresting rewards (eggs ? Lol) No need for items or berries, just put money and only money.

• Like 2

For a game without any form of toxicity.

Ign : GDarch

Discord : GDarch#5224

spacer.png

Rewards:

it's a insane buff overall IMO with the addition of "no time play requirements anymore"

-You currently get around $800.000 for a boss run while it will change to 1,2-2,4m afterwards (as we have around 60 bosses).

with 20-40k reward we would get 1.8m in average for entire boss run compared to 800k right now.

I think 1.8m every 15 days is way too much, there will be no requirements anymore in time play to challenge boss so it would be really easy to setup a 4 account boss farm (2 email with 2 acc each as allowed in the multi account rules), rush story with a new acc can be done in like 30h, with 4 acc we could farm 14.4 m every month in average

i think there would be no other relevant farm if you make boss that much rewarding

I think the econnomy could be affected a lot more than expected with this modification

Maybe keep the time requirements to prevent multi account farm or reduce the number of boss to keep the 800k for an entire boss run

Right now i'm farming only the boss that gives 10k+ cash and i get around 700k for each boss run, it's already the best farm available in the game in my opinion, there is no need to buff boss that much

Maybe you plan to make the hard mode really hard but after people figure out how to beat them they won't be that hard anymore, by the way i'm pretty sure my current boss team can clear a hard boss without problems, lvl 100 with 400 ev doesn't seems that hard with dedicated PVE pokemons

another solution could be to make boss harder to beat for each win in a row to make sure 100/100 win is impossible at least in hard mode

• Like 2

Rewards:

with 20-40k reward we would get 1.8m in average for entire boss run compared to 800k right now.

I think 1.8m every 15 days is way too much, there will be no requirements anymore in time play to challenge boss so it would be really easy to setup a 4 account boss farm (2 email with 2 acc each as allowed in the multi account rules), rush story with a new acc can be done in like 30h, with 4 acc we could farm 14.4 m every month in average

i think there would be no other relevant farm if you make boss that much rewarding

I think the econnomy could be affected a lot more than expected with this modification

First u can do bosses with multi acc aswell, u just being selfish there.

Second even if ppl intentds to do bosses in multi accs, it will burn tons of hours to do so. rn to do all bosses u need 1 day or even more. if u challange Hard mode, 60 bosses u will most likely need 2 days to do 60 bosses, if not more. so more than 1 week to do all bosses in every acc.

another solution could be to make boss harder to beat for each win in a row to make sure 100/100 win is impossible at least in hard mode

This one is like, cmon, many ppl here are complainning about how hard it will be to beat bosses in hard mode, and u want to buff them even more?

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png