PvP - Turn timer discussion

Qeight

What should the round timer be in ranked PvP?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What should the round timer be in ranked PvP?

• 90 seconds (current)
    • 75 seconds
    • 60 seconds
    • 45 seconds

The voting will not massively influence any decisions, we want to hear arguments in favor of a certain time and why it should be that way

Hello everyone,

today I invite you to discuss a possible change of the round turn timer in ranked PvP. The current timer is 90 seconds and we would like to know what your guys opinion is on that and whether or not it should be lowered.

Currently our rules on time stalling are as follows:

3. Every match should be played out in a timely manner. Time-, PP-, Switch- or any type of stalling beyond reasonable usage is not allowed.

Video evidence is required and without it we will not take actions. Video evidence may be deemed insufficient at Moderators discretion.

• Time-stalling: Waiting till the last few seconds to make your move on every single turn.
  • PP-stalling: Using moves to unnecessarily extend a matches duration with no proper reasoning such as using healing moves instead of attacking.
  • Switch-stalling: Switching your Pokemon around with no proper reasoning instead of attacking

By our definition waiting till the last seconds on multiple turns in a row will result in punishments however this is not an ideal solution to this problem.

In 9/10 cases of time stalling or supposed time stalling there is sadly not enough evidence provided making it super hard for us to effectively moderate it.

A reduction of the timer may result in this rule being altered to not include the timer anymore. A reduction also speeds up the game pace and the overall feel of a matches length.

However we would not want to make a decision without the community having a say in it. So if you have an opinion on this subject we would like to hear arguments and opinions.

Eaty made it very clear that he wants to hear arguments in favor of a certain time before any changes occur therefore if you want to have the timer lowered please give a reasoning with it.

Best regards,

Q8

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60 seconds is a fair time for pvp because sometimes you need to think a little bit or goes somewhere. But 1.5min is way too much.

If you ask me The real issue is about the run time from a monster we dont want to face i think. The animation take way tooooo longer and it made very boring to hunt something. Thats why people are now refuse to hunting and doing buying selling which kills the economy in a long term. I almost see same pokemons everyday from another person to person.

• Like 2

I think it should be a static 180 seconds for both players, and when the player makes the move his timer will raise by 20 seconds, never

extrapolating 180 seconds. It ll refrain people from time stalling and benefit the faster people. This kind of strategy is used in Duel Links game.

It has to be adjusted do Pokemon Revolution reality. It could, after 5 min battle, decrease from 20 seconds to 10 seconds.

att.

José Raimundo Fernandes Filho

Web Developer

Edited by jiyose

Prefer not to shorten it, i never personally had problem if my opponent take long time and i myself want to have the time to think when matched against a good opponent. And with all the new enforcement and stuffs against obvious time stalling i don't think there is a need to shorten it.

In the end it comes down to impatience, do you rather want to spam brainless games (45 sec is pretty insane imo), or u want quality games where u can enjoy it when u finally get a good game.

• Like 1

Sometimes you need much time to think about a move, since you look what the opponent will do in the next round, 2nd next round etc. Additionally to that you may want to calculate some dmg output of your Pokémon in a calculator, take account of Iv's as well. All that need time.

Thats of course not every round the case but when you play a team you are not experienced with or when you don't have the most calculation factors in your mind, which probably applies for the most of us, you may need this time and maybe sometimes even more.

The best system would be, in my opinion, like in showdown. However, thats not workable at the moment I think.

In general I think we should not shorten the timer as we have with the new stalling rule a rule that would punish possible, intended, time stall. As well I don't see many users using the full time always, but sometimes in match changing situations. I think its good how it is for now,

• Like 5

Staff does not give any private support in personal messages. Please use the proper forum instead.

General Support|Ban Appeals|Bug Resolution