Trading legendaries among alt and main

Heroofthestreet

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only if there is a way to make sure that each person can only trade with a single alt account. Otherwise, I can see people creating multiple alt accounts and/or trading with friends, possibly buying legendaries (which is a concern that has been voiced by the OP). If this is to be implemented, please make sure that the main account is connected to said alt account in a way that only allows legendaries to be traded between those two, with no other accounts involved in this.

I agree with this suggestion because having two versions of a legendary allows for two different natures, EV spreads, and moves. It also allows for less predictability in PvP, because it is possible to remember the specificities of someone's legendaries after battling them a few times. I can, for example, remember that X's Latios has HP Fire, meaning that I need to switch Ferrothorn out or that my Gengar is faster.

However, as someone who spent 100+ IV reroll tickets to make my legendaries PvPable, I do not think that people should be allowed to trade 10+ Latios (even if they receive them for free from people who quit the game or perhaps even by making an infinity of alt accounts, which might be hard to track).

Alternatively, it might be easier to limit trading legendaries to 1 per legendary per account, meaning that each account can only trade Latios once. People can still arrange trades on Discord to get a very good version of a legendary, however. That remains the concern.

I think that linking the main account to a single alt account to limit legendary trades between them is best.

But... +1.

• Like 2

Indoor-Fishh.png

If anything I'd say that legendary lending should be allowed, but not trade. That way alts could still use it, but the legendary itself would still be bound to each account.

This could be a more feasible idea than for the staff to keep track of trades of legendary pokes.

ezgif-7-343dbc236acb.png

If anything I'd say that legendary lending should be allowed, but not trade. That way alts could still use it, but the legendary itself would still be bound to each account.

If that will be an easier way for staff to implement the whole idea, i'm totally up for it, but even if it would be done this way, staff would basically still run into more or less the same problems as with the trading option i suggested, bar it probably being just easier to trace. For instance, if with both options the legendary wouldn't be bound to only two accounts, people would still be able to lend the legends for enormous sums of money, with the only difference being that the legendary comes back to the original owner after a certain amount time

I think a better idea would be a "Pokemon Transfer Thread". Similar to the Server Transfer, once in a while you will have the option to trade your pokemon from one server, or one account to another. All pokemon including legendaries. This would save people time, so they wouldn't have to trade 5 poke at a time to a different account and it would allow the transfer of legendaries to your secondary account only. Also including a fee of 200-400k would make sure people think twice before actually transferring their pokemon.

• Like 1

I think a better idea would be a "Pokemon Transfer Thread". Similar to the Server Transfer, once in a while you will have the option to trade your pokemon from one server, or one account to another. All pokemon including legendaries. This would save people time, so they wouldn't have to trade 5 poke at a time to a different account and it would allow the transfer of legendaries to your secondary account only. Also including a fee of 200-400k would make sure people think twice before actually transferring their pokemon.

Personally i want this to be implemented because of pvp, therefore what you suggested wouldn't really be practical for both myself and the others who would consider using them mainly for this purpose