Rare Shiny Of Banned accounts

Srk007

The players who get parmanent ban might Hold many valuable Items and Pokemon. I don't know what we can do with items but For High tier Shiny or Shiny with great Iv and pvpable There should be an auction made So that they don't get Locked Forever.

• Administrator

Speaking for myself only - I am not speaking on behalf of staff - I agree these items and Pokemon should remain locked in banned accounts.

Here's why:

• These may have been obtained in a non-permitted way, such as bug abuse, macro use, RMT, hacked, stolen, etc. If rules were broken, the "earnings" should not be distributed, as without rule breaking, they wouldn't exist.
  • I cannot think of a realistic way to distribute the earnings from an auction like this, without that, it becomes a money sink that could negatively affect the in-game economy.
  • Maybe a more controversial point - staff aren't perfect, we're human. An appeal may have been handled poorly (mistake or otherwise). In cases where an appeal is granted after a second look, the player should be able to continue where they left off. If their possessions are auctioned, these will be lost with no possible way to return them, as a result of a staff member's mistake.
  • I appreciate 3 years ago Red did this, I don't personally agree with the decision for the above reasons - just because we can do something, doesn't mean we should.

That being said, I do like this idea for one reason - that it gives players more opportunity to get their hands on rare Pokemon and items, but there's far less detrimental ways to do this. I won't make any suggestions here because I'd like to keep this on topic, it's an interesting discussion, and I wanted to share my thoughts.

• Like 7

• PRO RULES | HOW TO REPORT PUNISHMENT POLICY | DISCORD •

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

• 1 month later...

-1 for the auction, it would basically be an invitation to rich people and the rest of the community woud get nothing.

However I could see other ways to make use of those Pokes. We could imagine releasing one of them every once in a while in one of the graveyards (Vermillon's, Lavender Tower, Mt Pyre, etc) with a very low spawnrate. It'd be unannounced and the only way for the players to know would be interacting with a tomb in the graveyard that'd say something like "Here lies xxD@rkSamuraixx, may his Lucario find peace". No information on the IVs or color, just the Pokemon name and it's up to the player whether he wants to farm or not. As soon as someone finds it, the tomb says something else.

Just throwing my 2 cents here but I feel like this would be much more RP and fair than an auction.